Nine Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets
32GB Flash Drive
• A flash drive that looks like a pocketknife says, "I seem rugged, but really I just need the entire first season of Game of Thrones on me at all times."
32GB Flash Drive $150, available at swissknifeshop.com
Everyday Carry Kit
• Love the pry bar, screwdrivers, and tweezers. But it's the lighter that's most handy, whether for a bottle rocket or a campfire.
Everyday Carry Kit $44, available at kaufmann-mercantile.com
• When not being used to make jet engines, titanium is the perfect material for the difficult task of keeping your cash organized.
Money Clip $30, available at superiortitanium.com
• The people at Klhip completely reengineered the nail clipper using surgical-grade metal. Think of it as overkill—glorious overkill.
Nail Clipper $50, available at klhip.com
• Carrying a comb was de rigueur in the 1950s. Well, it's back, now that leather-goods geniuses Billykirk got all artisanal on your coif with this handstitched case.
Comb Case $45, available at billykirk.com
Notebook and Pen
• This pen is made in Nevada for NASA. I use it to scribble in this Japanese reporter's notebook, even when I'm not on the moon.
Notebook $19, available at postalco.net
Pen $30, available at spacepen.com
• A flask of booze is an easy way to make friends. An English pewter flask by Wentworth adds top notes of envy.
Flask $68, available at kaufmann-mercantile.com
Surefire 6PX Tactical Flashligh
• With the evolution of LED light sources, powerful flashlights don't need to be the size of a Pringles can anymore. Surefire makes the most badass illumination gear for both civilian and tactical uses that's easy to stash in your pocket.
Surefire 6PX Tactical Flashlight $115, available at surefire.com
• Originally this was a combat utility knife. But you don't have to be on the brink of kicking someone's ass to use one.
Surefire Knife $445, available at surefire.com