How to pack for a sunny weekend getaway
Here is the perfect vacation bag for a warm clime.
The editors, Details
1. Nothing conveys classic warm-weather elegance like a comfortable band-collar shirt. Shirt ($590) by Gucci.
2. A striped tee is ideal for sunny day jaunts. Shirt ($76) by Won Hundred.
3. Tortoiseshell frames always look good on the beach. Sunglasses ($485) by Mark McNairy & Garrett Leight.
4. Sun-kissed, buttersoft jeans are a must for casual oceanfront dining. Jeans ($198) by True Religion.
5. These cotton tees pack up small and stay fresh until you're ready to wear them. T-shirt ($28) by Bread & Boxers.
6. Get a Dopp kit with a rubberized, waterproof bottom. Dopp kit ($165) by Jack Spade.
7. Too much sun wreaks havoc on your skin and leads to premature aging. Relieve tired eyes and prevent wrinkles with a high-performing, UV-blocking facial moisturizer. Facial Fuel UV Guard SPF 50+ ($36) by Kiehls.
8. Ward off mosquitoes with an herbal bug spray that won't make you smell like a chemical bath. Bug spray ($20) by Malin + Goetz.
9. For an even tan, you need a lightweight sunscreen that's easy to blend. Sunscreen Cream High Protection SPF 30 ($32) by Clarins.
10. Swim trunks with a microfloral print will set you apart from the pack. Swimsuit ($195) by Onia.
11. An oversize canvas tote makes for the perfect beach carryall. Bag ($1,150) by Bottega Veneta.
12. Get your espadrilles in a material that's comfortable but luxe, like these perforated suede beauties. Shoes ($560) by Louis Vuitton.
13. When venturing beyond the beach, opt for shorts cut just above the knee. Shorts ($360) by Prada.
14. A durable, lightweight nylon suit won't wrinkle when you pack it, and the jacket (top right) and pants are easy to wear as separates. Suit ($895 for jacket, $375 for pants) by Orlebar Brown and Thom Sweeney.
15. For chilly, moonlit evenings, pack a nautical sweater with a color-block pattern. Sweater ($420) by Dries Van Noten.
More from Details:
- 5 Foods That'll Make You Look Younger
- The Fastest Full-Body Workout
- How to Get the Barely There Beard