10 wedding hairstyles gone wrong
Trending doesn't necessarily make it right.
If you spend any time on Pinterest, you may have seen the following wedding hairstyles — some of them have gotten re-pinned thousands of times. But just because something's trending doesn't make it right. What do you think of these popular wedding hair ideas?
1. Too-creative braids. I'm all about a wedding braid, but this one is a little...loopy.
More from Glamour: Cringeworthy Fashion DON'Ts
And this one gives me chills in a bad way. Snake!
2. "Exotic" flowers. Flowers in your hair and flowers made of hair — there's a big difference.
More from Glamour: 8 Easy Ways to Get Glowing Skin
3. Overwrought updos. I think these two were going for "messy updo" but ended up confused and overcomplicated instead.
Source: happypretty.tumblr.com via Petra on Pinterest
4. XXL curls. Yes, one can argue that one's wedding is the ultimate "go big or go home" hair moment. But when you could hide your groom under there, perhaps you've taken the teasing a tad too far?
5. Too many tuck-ins. Sticking some little pearls or blossoms throughout your hair is such a lovely bridal touch, but it shouldn't look like your updo held up a Michaels crafts store.
6. Just too much.
Source: facebook.com via Comparestagandhen.com on Pinterest
Then again, it's amazing what you can pull off when wearing a gorgeous white wedding dress, so maybe I'm just being uptight. To each her own.
Have you seen any kinda-kooky wedding hairstyles lately, online or in real life? Are there any wedding hair trends you dislike? Share below!
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The 10 Prettiest Hair and Makeup Styles You Can Wear, According to Guys
beauty tips and style advice
Once the summer heat kicks in, it's all we can do not to slip into the breeziest beach dresses and flip-flops for the morning commute. So trust us when we say we understand that the humidity can have a powerful effect on your wardrobe — still, there are some things you just can't wear to your place of employment, no matter how hot it gets.
Wrinkle no blouse, tangle no jewelry, leave no beauty product behind, and still have room to spare.
Hue-changing dos we absolutely love.
Why your jean size varies from store to store.
Wait a month between waxing visits? Check. Pop a preappointment Advil? Duh. We all know the basics, but here are the tricks you don’t know.
What to always—and never, ever—do to keep hair in top shape.
Get inspired to try these sweet and summery looks.
Stunning wedding styles that create a statement.
I attended the Abercrombie and Fitch holiday-season press preview yesterday, and in between checking out the cute gear that will hit stores this November, I picked up a little nugget of information I just have to share.
How to wear this cool-weather staple in the summer.
See how Miranda Kerr made a pair of Birkenstocks chic.
We love how a new nail polish has the ability to instantly change your look and your mood with a simple swipe. While happy lime greens and aquas are ruling the five million #nailpolish Instagrams this summer, there are a variety of great colors to choose from—whether you want an office-appropriate neutral or a fun going-out shade that’ll give your LBD a punch of color.