What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
This week’s surprise announcement about Kate Middleton’s pregnancy has already sparked speculation on what the Duchess will be wearing with her soon-to-be spare heir. What’s more, the spring 2015 collections in New York are providing Middleton with plenty of maternity-friendly ideas for day and night. Here, we pinpoint six looks that should carry the Duchess through her third trimester.
Style inspiration doesn’t just come from the runway. Every Fashion Week, we look far beyond the shows themselves—from the designers and the traveling troupes of editors to the models, photographers, and showgoers, all sorts of style tribes are out hitting the pavement. To refresh our fall closet, we look to eight chic cliques, from the front-row power couples to street-style bloggers. Even better? Getting the look of your favorite tribe has never been easier—everything we’ve pulled is $100 or less.
Autumn is upon us, and we’ve got sweaters, coats and booties on our minds! Below are the first things we’ll be buying (or have already bought!) to kick off next season.
As autumn approaches and the opportunity for days spent lying by the beach begins to wind down, there comes a time to trade the sand-strewn sandals of summer in for the bright, shiny new footwear of fall. And what’s the best way to kick off your closet in preparation for a brisk temperature drop? The boot. From animal print to glittery, hiking to fringed, our fall boots include everything you need to start the season off on the right foot.
No matter what the era, denim is always a staple. From blue to black, acid-washed, studded, and shredded, there’s a denim to fit any mood (or body type). For this fall (and back-to-school month), we’ve rounded up our favorite picks of this all-American classic: Whether we are inspired by a nineties Kate Moss, Rihanna’s affinity for fringe, or model off-duty looks, our elevated denim guide is guaranteed to refresh your wardrobe just in time for the new season.
Beachy waves, soft strands—you can have the dream locks you've always wanted.
You already know wearing white after Labor Day is cool. But menswear is reinventing itself rapidly, leaving some long-held mandates by the wayside, not to mention a bunch of men with a lot of questions. Sure, some style laws are truly inviolable. Showing a quarter-inch of cuff will always be crucial, but with designers and dandies flaunting so many former taboos it's hard to tell what's in play these days. So we thought we'd take this opportunity to let you know which rules no longer apply.
With every changing season, our shopping lists seem to grow and grow and grow . . . and yet our bank accounts somehow stay exactly the same! But don’t fret, you can capture all the best fall trends straight from the runway without breaking the bank. Whether you’re yearning for cozy knits, statement necklaces, or bold graphic pieces, our Fall Fashion Guide gives you the best looks—all for less than $100.
Allow us to be frank: Fashion Week is a bit of a misnomer. What with the global sprawl of shows—from New York to London to Milan to Paris—it really should be Fashion Month. (Or Fashion Forever.) Either way, what better way to kick off the marathon of shows, after-parties, flights, and appointments than with our comprehensive A-to-Z guide to all things Fashion Week? Here, find out what to do, eat, see, wear, and keep your eye on this season.
Fashion Weeks may come and go (and with them a focus that shifts from statement coats to statement shoes and statement lips and eyes and back again), but one thing stays the same, no matter the date, year, or season: the editorial need for survival. And with that, you know, ideally looking good, too. Luckily for you, this season the Vogue.com team is divulging its Fashion Week “steals”; must-haves for under $100. From sneakers to a staple cardigan and a classic pair of shades, here are the fall-friendly items that we’ll be carrying with us long after the collections end.
Arm yourself from the cold with these foolproof tips.
Our top picks for brushes, glosses, concealers and beyond.