What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
The famous Parisian shoe designer has unveiled a luxurious new nail polish, his first foray into the world of beauty, and there are no prizes for guessing what color it comes in.
Average shoe size is up about two sizes since the '70s, study says.
They can't escape wedding season, so they might as well look their best.
Front-row style star Miroslava Duma just clears 5′, Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon one-ups her—literally—at 5′ 1″, and fashion crush Rachel Bilson barely tops them both at a whopping 5′ 2″. But aside from standing at the diminutive end of the height spectrum, these three ladies have something else in common: the ability to nail every summer fashion trend. If you’re part of the petite girls’ club, take a look at these 12 fashion essentials—from closet staples to chic accessories—to keep you at the top of your style game this summer.
Quick, easy, everywhere-appropriate: There's no summer piece quite as versatile--or flattering.
These fresh, cute outfit ideas range from unexpected mash-ups to completely coordinated looks. What they all have in common is they'll get you out the door feeling totally confident.
Because it actually takes some makeup—maybe even a few false lashes—to look beautifully bare-faced.
Make a good impression by presenting the best form of yourself. Even when luck's against you--for instance, you encounter a huge zit the week before an important presentation--take action now. Here are fixes for your most common grooming mishaps.
Olivia Palermo isn’t the first star to wear a nontraditional bridal look! See more unique celebrity wedding dresses
We’re still dreaming about Olivia Palermo’s unconventional yet impossibly chic wedding-day ensemble. The shorts! The jutting tulle skirt overlay! The creamy cashmere sweater! Everything about this layered look is as trend-setting as it is unique.And though she may be the first star to walk down the aisle in shorts, Olivia isn’t the first celebrity to say “I do” in something nontraditional. Several boundary-pushing stars have skipped the all-white look, and instead opted for a colorful wedding dress.
Keep your tresses looking their best, even on the muggiest of summer days, with these tips
Wide-leg pants are blowing up. Six women show us how to style a pair by Lauren Ralph Lauren.
It’s the best and worst time to be a single girl in the dating world. On the one hand, past generations of women didn’t have the freedom, financial independence, access to birth control (depending on your state and employer, of course), or plethora of options to meet new people—online and off—that we enjoy today. On the other hand, they also didn’t have to worry about sexting, selecting the best selfie for their profile picture, or accidentally swiping right on a coworker.