What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
fashion: trends & must-haves for your wardrobe
When morning talk shows and local newspapers dole out their seasonal swimsuit shopping advice, I’m usually pretty disappointed by the lack of body types represented. What about the women who don’t resemble fruit? (Or aren’t boy-shaped—the third “one of these things is not like the other” category I’ve never quite understood. Couldn’t they say “banana?” Or is that somehow more offensive than “apple” and “pear” shapes?)
Ready to refresh your hair and makeup for spring? Well, look no further for your latest batch of inspiration. These ladies are bringing the beauty brilliance with megawatt lipstick shades, sleek haircuts, and must-try hair colors. Get ready to play copycat.
Long, layered, medium or wavy – we’re sharing our favorite hairstyles of 2013 with a new ‘do each day. Stuck in a hair rut? Check back daily for snappy new looks that are sure to give your locks some beauty inspiration.
Step into spring with style in June Ambrose's new shoe line for HSN.
Revamp your corporate look with graphic prints and bold color.
If you have only five makeup tools in your kit, make sure these are them. They do much more than just look cute on your vanity!
Think all it can do is shellac everything down, helmet-head style? So wrong! A can of whatever’s in your cabinet is your secret beauty weapon. Try it like this.
You may not get wrinkles on your hair, but it ages all the same. Grays, dullness, thinning strands, and frizz are all (unfortunately) part of the hair’s aging process, which starts happening in your 30s. The good news is that you don’t need Botox to fix these problems. Here are six tips for hair that’s shiny, bouncy, healthy—and, yes, younger looking.
Our fashion-savvy FLOTUS shows us she is truly a master at mixing high- and low-end designs.
Get ready for summer with these cute and easy to DIY nail art designs.
Brides, it’s your big day and you want to look special. Please, whatever you do, don’t wear one of these wedding dresses. These are truly the worst.
Even if you’re the best friend of all time, no bridesmaid should ever have to wear these worst-ever bridesmaid dresses. Lace, ruffles and satin overload!