What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
Sunglasses: it may seem counterintuitive to invest in a wintertime accessory traditionally viewed as a sunny, warm-weather item. But spring is on the way and we’re also currently being exposed to crazy amounts of UV rays—and then, of course, there’s the reflective snow situation.
Some people look younger than they are, some look older. Even those with easy access to BOTOX and personal trainers. Can you guess the age of these celebrities?
Did anyone else hear wedding bells on the Oscars red carpet last night?
Then after the show, er, Oscars, it's the after party. Then after the party, it's the... Best Dressed List, of course. Nikki already picked her tops for the Academy Awards red carpet (did you vote yet?), so now it's time to see what the stars wore to the post-celebrations.
As I continue my personal campaign to swap out E!'s mani cam with a back-of-updo cam (and as a service to all the hardworking hairstylists who spent so much time creating beautiful hair looks for the 2014 Oscars), I'd like to point out that we miss a lot of gorgeous detail when we don't get the back view of a star's hair.
The bold new trend on the Oscars red carpet.
Trying new hairstyles is fun (have you picked up Allure Hair: The Ultimate How-To Hair Guide yet?).
When someone says “Julia Roberts,” you think teeth. You think hair. But while you may not immediately think fashion, she has had a pretty consistent—and consistently pretty—style since her Mystic Pizza days: clean, classic, menswear-inspired looks that let her natural beauty—and rightly famous smile—take center stage. Here’s how she has elevated that look over the years.
Lupita Nyong’o shows off the power of the pixie on the Oscars red carpet.
Walk a mile in a pair of SJP’s stilettos? Well yes, we’d love to; thank you for asking.
Anti-aging doesn't have to take over your life. Here, expert tweaks to slow the clock.
We’re at the tail end of a jam-packed awards season, with the grand finale—the Oscars, duh—just a few days away. We can’t wait to see what our favorite nominees wear—we already know Jennifer Lawrence will step out in a breathtaking Dior, while we hope to see Lupita Nyong’o pick another brilliantly bold monochromatic gown. As for which designer she’ll select—Gucci? Ralph Lauren?—that’s anyone’s guess.