What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
Sprinkle in these wet weather essentials so you'll be ready for whatever these springtime days bring.
Let's face it: winter's bitter cold left us feeling disillusioned with our wardrobes. So with warmer days ahead, it's time to shop for must-have pieces that'll keep your look fresh for months to come.
Every bride deserves to look flawless on her wedding day. So we say: Indulge a little. Book a facial (or six!) and invest in a great waterproof mascara. With this guide, getting ready for your big day has never been easier.
Reality TV: such a mindless guilty pleasure, mostly filled with questionable spray tans and insane hair extensions. But in honor of the season premiere of one of our favorites, The Real Housewives of Orange County, we decided to celebrate a select few reality stars who’ve displayed legitimately great hair and makeup. Yes, there actually are a few! And we had to go all the way back to The Real World of the mid-’90s to find our first.
I can’t tell you how many times one ill-timed sneeze ruined all of my hard work with a mascara wand. #allergyproblems.
While we’re not averse to shelling out upwards of $30 for an amazing lipstick, many of our standby lip colors cost a whole lot less than that. The drugstore is full of high-quality, long-lasting lipsticks in gorgeous shades that—wait for it!—ring in under $10. Click through above to shop our favorites!
What’s the perfect add-on to your beauty look? A hair accessory, of course! Just when you think you’ve seen it all, every year there seems to be a new “it” hair piece that rules the moment. In the ’50s, a dainty bow-tied head scarf was perfectly housewife-chic. In the ’60s and ’70s, real flower crowns officially became the epitome of boho style—your outfit simply wasn’t complete without a daisy topper. Fast-forward to the ’90s and you had a bevy of creative hair charms and baubles, including butterfly clips, hair wraps and those infamous bra strap headbands (shudder).
The right blush can warm up your complexion, create the illusion of cheekbones, and even make you look younger. (Yes, really!) Here, the most flattering shades for fair, medium, olive, and dark skin.
Think you can’t put a price on looking younger? Well, we did—and it’s $25. We challenged dermatologists to find great products that don’t cost even one cent over that amount.
You want to dress in a way that’s young and cool but that doesn’t suggest you’re on your way to a One Direction concert. “The trick to looking younger is adding one fashionable piece to a classic outfit,” says stylist Cher Coulter. Here’s how to nail it.
Hair color is one of the most effective anti-aging tools we have—except when it isn’t. Take your dye job too far (or inky, or frosty) and you can add years to your appearance. Three top colorists weigh in on what to avoid.
News flash: Your youth fix doesn’t have to come in a bottle—or a needle. Your hairstyle could actually take years off (or add them to) your look. Don’t believe us? Check out these celebrities—each one gorgeous, of course, but also looking older due to certain overly perfect hairdos. Anti-aging tip number one? Mess it up a little.