What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
Good news for your feet: Sneakers are everywhere this fall. Fashion insiders and celebs alike are sporting athletic shoes with their chicest outfits, making them an essential fall fashion trend. With an abundance of styles in stores right now, it might seem daunting to find the pair that’s right for you. We handpicked the 35 best sneaker styles to try.
We’re just going to say it: Ankle boots might be are our favorite type of boots. They’re tough like classic motos when paired with skinny jeans or leather pants. But they also work in place of fussy heels with a flared skirt or cocktail dress for an unexpected downtown-cool vibe. And, let’s be honest, the ankle height just feels more relaxed and comfortable. Never mind that booties take up way less room in your closet too. Wait. Do you know what that means? You can buy more than just one pair this fall—especially since ankle boots come in so many styles, shapes, colors, heel heights, and price points. So check out these 20 booties for fall.
Fall just gives us the warm fuzzies—and not because of the turning of the leaves, football games, or the excuse to eat pumpkin-flavored everything. We can finally wear our very best coats incorporating the newest fashion trends (and there are so many options out there). So make the most of this wonderful time—before the puffy-jacket-required winter rears its blustery head—with these 15 coat and jacket picks for all budgets.
As beauty editors, we thought we had heard (and made!) every hairstyling mistake out there. We no longer use uncoated elastics or rough up our hair with a towel when we get out of the shower, and we even fully embrace the benefits of hair masks. But during a visit with Herbal Essences celebrity stylist Charles Baker Strahan, we learned some new, seriously next-level tips. Read on for better hair days ahead.
Expert tips on how to style the newest fall fashion trend.
Transitioning your wardrobe from season to season is a masterful fashion feat (a.k.a. it’s just plain hard). While it’s not quite the right time to bust out the fall fashion trends just yet, that head-to-toe white look that you worked all summer isn’t really going to work anymore either. So what’s a stylish girl to do? Let’s look to these fashion influencers and see how they rock the in-between season with great aplomb! The chicest summer-to-fall outfit ideas you have ever seen are right this way.
There isn't a single beauty trend that's as high drama, sultry, and decidedly timeless as the cat eye. Through the decades, the feminine flick has graced the lash lines of many of the greats, from '50s silver screen siren Sophia Loren to modern crooner Lana Del Rey. As an ode to the winged liner look, we're looking back at the most 20 most iconic iterations on the illustrious women that made them famous. Learn how to paint on perfect black winged eyes here.
Even though the ’90s and early aughts seem rather far off now that those of us who grew up then have graduated to full-on careers, families, and investment bags, I’m here to let you know: get millennials started talking about the style moments and must-buys that peppered their history and you can’t shut them up. When we had the chance to play around with some of Coach’s new fall bags, it managed to bring up a group-wide memory of living for the brand’s wristlets, circa freshman year of college. From there, the memories of stuff I wanted so bad, from elementary school onward, came pouring out. I’m presenting it all here, supplemented with some contributions from the rest of the Glamour team.
We’re living in the age of the selfie. This year, the word was officially added to the dictionary (we even got variations, like “belfie”—we’ll let you Google that one); the entire Obama family got in on the act; and a major TV network added a show called Selfie to its fall lineup. Oh, and you didn’t even have to watch this year’s Oscars to know that the biggest winner of all was not a film, but in fact the selfie. So it’s about time you learn how to take a really, really good one.
Women can be sexy and smart and successful-- all at once.
"Unfortunately like most magazines, media and images you see on here, the girls have been retouched to look, taller, thinner ... all to see a product."
The redeeming factor of summer, sadly, not being endless? New seasons require a different wardrobe, and there’s no time like the present to start your fall shopping. With autumn creeping up, I already know the boots and sweaters I’ll be heaving out of the stuffed containers under my bed that I think of fondly as my second closet…but there’s always room for fresh blood. I quizzed Shopbop’s fashion director, Elle Strauss, for help with getting the best strategy in place. Herewith, the 10 pieces she suggests picking up now (plus chic ideas for how to start incorporating them into your current closet).