What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
One of the best things about nail art, besides the gazillian likes on your #ManicureMonday post, is experimenting with different looks and designs. With these pro secrets, including celeb nail artist Miss Pop's top tricks, you can create salon-worthy nail art at home!
The newest nail polish colors for fall are so awesome, you'll be wishing #ManicureMonday was every day of the week.
Hey, you want to look more handsome than you already are, don't you? Sure, who doesn't—handsome wins you women, better customer service and because we live in a sick, sad, superficial world, even a higher salary. And thanks to this list, now being handsome is easier than ever. There's expert advice, common sense pointers, and even a couple of tips to help you beat bad, ugly, un-handsome habits. But don't waste your time reading this intro, become more handsome right now.
From cut and color to style, six expert hairstylists give you the scoop on back-to-school's freshest looks.
The Call of the Wild trend has gone from animal print to full-out birds of prey lately, as seen on these stars. Pretty fierce, no?
Ugly, dangerous, or disrespectful, these things have no place at the gym.
These stars prove that the traditionally feminine fabric can be edgy, too.
Beachy waves, soft strands—you can have the dream locks you've always wanted.
Skip the blow-dryer and keep your style effortless. Here, the secrets for gorgeous air-dried hair—straight, wavy or curly—from the man behind Gisele’s coveted waves, Harry Josh, John Frieda international creative consultant.
Ask pretty much any celebrity hairstylist, and they’ll tell you the long bob (a.k.a. the lob) is the chicest haircut of 2014. In addition to throwing around the word “cool” at least twice, they’ll also say it’s because the lob is versatile, easy to style, and timeless. Check out our seven favorite ways to wear it.
Controversial.... Or empowering?
These jeans aren't just distressed; they're destroyed — and all the cooler for it. They're also the perfect way to make a basic T-shirt feel totally wild.