What Your Nail Polish Says About You
Whether you go wild with your nails a la Rihanna, or you keep it cool and classy like Kate Middleton, how you polish your fingers could be a gateway into your personality.
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions, is giving us some insight into what our nails say about us. Here's what she says about various manis:
1. Red Nails: Perfectly polished, fire engine-red nails tell others that you are daring, outgoing, and highly confident. Wear these out to the club to show off your diva side!
2. Dark Blue and Black Nails: These shades tell others that you are outgoing and live on the wild side. When people see these nails, they get the impression that you live an adrenaline-filled lifestyle full of constant excitement!
3. Nail Wraps: Adorning your nails with wraps in designs like cheetah, lace, or polka-dot tells others that you are trendy, fashionable, and fun! Adorn your nails with wraps when you want to garner attention at your favorite nighttime hotspots!
4. Pink Polish: Pink polishes tell others that you have a flirty and feminine personality. Polish your nails with pink hues whenever you want to show off your girly and sweet side!
5. Crackle Polish: As said above, crackle polishes tell others that you are spunky and high-spirited. Decorate your nails with this style when you want to be noticed at a concert or dance party!
6. Colorful Stiletto Nails: Loved by fashion icons Lady Gaga and Beyonce, colorful stiletto nails tell others you are a diva with attitude! Wear these when you want the paparazzi snapping pictures wherever you go!
7. Nude Polish: Clear and nude polishes tell others that you are laid-back and have an easy-going persona. Natural hues give off the impression that you are relaxed and enjoy the little things in life.
8. Neon Nail Polishes: Polishes in neon pink, green, orange, and yellow hues let others know that you are an outgoing extrovert that loves a good party!
9. Unpolished and Unadorned Nails: Leaving your nails as they are lets others know that you are confident and unstressed about your appearance.
10. Chipped Polish: When people see chipped nail polish, they can tell that you live a busy lifestyle and don’t have a lot of time to relax. If you see that your polish is chipped, take ten minutes out of your day to get your nails primped and ready for the spotlight again!
11. Painted Designs and Sparkle Polish: Decorating your nails with sparkle polish and polish designs like stars tells others that you have a creative imagination! Choose this style when you want your nails to show off your artistic side!
Photo: Custom Nail Solutions
The majority of us are here because we are curious, and we think it would be fun to find out what our nail polish color or style, or lack there of says about us. It makes for some quick entertainment. We know who we are, and what we like, and I'm sure do not need an article to let us know. Its just fun, and we possibly might learn something new, crackle nail polish, Awesome!
beauty tips and style advice
Mom jeans are back this spring.
We combed our favorite online shopping haunts to find 20 stunning options for the unconventional bride who'd rather splurge on the perfect flowers and a signature cocktail than her aisle-bound gown. These gowns and frocks from Rae Francis, Black Halo Eve and Jill By Jill Stewart plus one epic jumpsuit by Rachel Zoe are the perfect antidote to the strapless fishtail option most brides seem to favor right now. You're certainly not basic, so why would your dress be?
We've rounded up 10 red carpet inspirations for long hair wedding hairstyles that don't scream "bridal," but are perfect for a walk down the aisle.
We're not in the habit of feeling sorry for supermodels. We reserve our sympathy for a less fortunate set, namely, everyone else on planet Earth.
How to love everything in your closet
Every season, wedding dress designers unveil their latest collections, and without fail, there are a handful of designs that give us pause. We're talking about beautifully designed dresses -- not meant for the fainthearted. For the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 collections, these are the ones.
For the most part, wedding dress designs tilt toward the more classic and reserved end of the spectrum. And then there are those that really don't. Those would be these. Here, the most risque, come-hither wedding dress designs -- hot off the bridal fashion runways.
Naked lace, dresses with embellished backs, fashion-forward crop tops and so much more. See what's hot.
Real Simple is getting into the fashion game.
It's the hair guide to end all hair guides! Find your texture and length here, then welcome a new problem-solving product into your life.
Let this photo convince you to airbrush and glow-ify your skin in one step. Your perfect-match product is waiting here.
Yellow is a bold statement that too many women think they can't make, but these fashion-foward stars show us how to wear it and shine.