The top 10 OMG moments from NYFW Fall 2013
Catfight, hula hoop bag, cat mittens, and more.
Another New York Fashion Week behind us, another chance to relive the most jaw-dropping moments in front of us. There was no lack of OMG factor for fall 2013, dolls, and these are the things we're most savoring:
10. Battle of the Joans at Dennis Basso--The Cut reports that Joan Rivers refused to be seated next to Joan Collins in the fur-loving designer's front row. CATFIGHT!?
9. David Beckham, however, seemed more than happy with his seatmate at wife Victoria's show. Fellow attendees tweeted that he cozied up to Anna Wintour--and the two even shared a few giggles!
More from Glamour: 10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List8. The famous Chanel hula hoop bag was spotted in the wild...on a dude. It's Marie Claire accessories editor Kyle Anderson, and he is not messing around when it comes to courting street style photographers. If this thing doesn't say "TAKE MY PICTURE!", we don't know what does.
5. Katie Holmes held a super-secret presentation of her line, Holmes & Yang. Our invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
4. Cats had a major moment in the spotlight. Not only did one make its way--on a leash, no less!--down the runway at Tracy Reese, but kitty hats were huge news, and Glamour even got in on the action with our own cat concept store!3. Fur mittens became a thing, thanks to both Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. Really!?
More from Glamour: Style Bloggers' Favorite Winter Outfits2. Prabal Gurung and Target put on a full-fledged carnival...in the middle of New York City. There was a merry-go-round. And corndogs. And prizes. And the rare but oh-so-sweet chance for fashion folks to let their hair down and have an old-fashioned blast.
1. Nemo tried to put a damper on fashion week chic. Thanks to the blizzard, Marc Jacobs was forced to postpone his show, and show-goers were forced to shelve their open-toe stilettos in favor of cozy snow boots. And yet, not a single thing was cancelled--we're a tough bunch, we New York fashion people.
What was your favorite New York Fashion Week moment? Share!
Bing: NYFW Fall 2013
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The Best Coat for Your Body
beauty tips and style advice
The famous Parisian shoe designer has unveiled a luxurious new nail polish, his first foray into the world of beauty, and there are no prizes for guessing what color it comes in.
Average shoe size is up about two sizes since the '70s, study says.
They can't escape wedding season, so they might as well look their best.
Front-row style star Miroslava Duma just clears 5′, Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon one-ups her—literally—at 5′ 1″, and fashion crush Rachel Bilson barely tops them both at a whopping 5′ 2″. But aside from standing at the diminutive end of the height spectrum, these three ladies have something else in common: the ability to nail every summer fashion trend. If you’re part of the petite girls’ club, take a look at these 12 fashion essentials—from closet staples to chic accessories—to keep you at the top of your style game this summer.
Quick, easy, everywhere-appropriate: There's no summer piece quite as versatile--or flattering.
These fresh, cute outfit ideas range from unexpected mash-ups to completely coordinated looks. What they all have in common is they'll get you out the door feeling totally confident.
Because it actually takes some makeup—maybe even a few false lashes—to look beautifully bare-faced.
Make a good impression by presenting the best form of yourself. Even when luck's against you--for instance, you encounter a huge zit the week before an important presentation--take action now. Here are fixes for your most common grooming mishaps.
Olivia Palermo isn’t the first star to wear a nontraditional bridal look! See more unique celebrity wedding dresses
We’re still dreaming about Olivia Palermo’s unconventional yet impossibly chic wedding-day ensemble. The shorts! The jutting tulle skirt overlay! The creamy cashmere sweater! Everything about this layered look is as trend-setting as it is unique.And though she may be the first star to walk down the aisle in shorts, Olivia isn’t the first celebrity to say “I do” in something nontraditional. Several boundary-pushing stars have skipped the all-white look, and instead opted for a colorful wedding dress.
Keep your tresses looking their best, even on the muggiest of summer days, with these tips
Wide-leg pants are blowing up. Six women show us how to style a pair by Lauren Ralph Lauren.
It’s the best and worst time to be a single girl in the dating world. On the one hand, past generations of women didn’t have the freedom, financial independence, access to birth control (depending on your state and employer, of course), or plethora of options to meet new people—online and off—that we enjoy today. On the other hand, they also didn’t have to worry about sexting, selecting the best selfie for their profile picture, or accidentally swiping right on a coworker.