The top 10 OMG moments from NYFW Fall 2013
Catfight, hula hoop bag, cat mittens, and more.
Another New York Fashion Week behind us, another chance to relive the most jaw-dropping moments in front of us. There was no lack of OMG factor for fall 2013, dolls, and these are the things we're most savoring:
10. Battle of the Joans at Dennis Basso--The Cut reports that Joan Rivers refused to be seated next to Joan Collins in the fur-loving designer's front row. CATFIGHT!?
9. David Beckham, however, seemed more than happy with his seatmate at wife Victoria's show. Fellow attendees tweeted that he cozied up to Anna Wintour--and the two even shared a few giggles!
More from Glamour: 10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List8. The famous Chanel hula hoop bag was spotted in the wild...on a dude. It's Marie Claire accessories editor Kyle Anderson, and he is not messing around when it comes to courting street style photographers. If this thing doesn't say "TAKE MY PICTURE!", we don't know what does.
5. Katie Holmes held a super-secret presentation of her line, Holmes & Yang. Our invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
4. Cats had a major moment in the spotlight. Not only did one make its way--on a leash, no less!--down the runway at Tracy Reese, but kitty hats were huge news, and Glamour even got in on the action with our own cat concept store!3. Fur mittens became a thing, thanks to both Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. Really!?
More from Glamour: Style Bloggers' Favorite Winter Outfits2. Prabal Gurung and Target put on a full-fledged carnival...in the middle of New York City. There was a merry-go-round. And corndogs. And prizes. And the rare but oh-so-sweet chance for fashion folks to let their hair down and have an old-fashioned blast.
1. Nemo tried to put a damper on fashion week chic. Thanks to the blizzard, Marc Jacobs was forced to postpone his show, and show-goers were forced to shelve their open-toe stilettos in favor of cozy snow boots. And yet, not a single thing was cancelled--we're a tough bunch, we New York fashion people.
What was your favorite New York Fashion Week moment? Share!
Bing: NYFW Fall 2013
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The Best Coat for Your Body
beauty tips and style advice
These travel-sized beauty products will do double-duty while you're on the road.
Neatly sidestepping high fashion, the smiling, cheerful Kate Middleton is fast becoming the Duchess of Normcore.
This December, New Yorkers might notice something missing in the Christmas air.
When Madonna posted an image of herself wearing a full on Game of Thrones Khaleesi costume on Instagram last week we weren’t exactly surprised—this is the woman who rolled into the Grammy Awards wearing a tuxedo and a grill earlier this winter, so why not celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim with a leather corset and a pair of tiny dragons? Still, we were hypnotized by her white-blonde, braided Daenerys Targaryen hair. Functioning as a bleached out cultural weather vane of sorts, it tapped into multiple obsessions at once—the return of "Game of Thrones" to HBO, spring’s new extreme hair lengths and, most notably, fashion’s current platinum mania. Our own love of ice-blonde hair—which transforms any look from everyday to extraordinary—has been well documented of late, but last night’s Game of Thrones premiere sent our platinum fever into overdrive. In celebration of fashion’s favorite hair color, a look at the best platinum moments in history.
While you were sleeping, fast retail chain H&M H&M announced that its next designer collaboration is with Alexander Wang.
Formal, beachy, country club-chic or gorgeously rustic whatever the setting calls for, we've found a bevy of beautiful dresses to wear to a wedding this season.
Puffy, tired, weary no more. These tips take years off and create that "I slept great, thanks!" effect.
Top dermatologists, cosmetic chemists, makeup artists, and hairstylists reveal quick tips and tricks that can peel back years in a matter of seconds
We're all for sartorial freedom, but there are certain once-on-trend items that, when worn today, appear anything but current. Consider this your official out list.
If you're a practitioner of reselling your clothes—a good way to clear out some space in your wardrobe and make a few extra bucks—you might already be familiar with San Francisco-based thredUP.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but emoji must be worth at least a million. Here we show you how to channel your favorites: Go ahead, express yourself!
11 earth-friendly beauty products we love.