The top 10 OMG moments from NYFW Fall 2013
Catfight, hula hoop bag, cat mittens, and more.
Another New York Fashion Week behind us, another chance to relive the most jaw-dropping moments in front of us. There was no lack of OMG factor for fall 2013, dolls, and these are the things we're most savoring:
10. Battle of the Joans at Dennis Basso--The Cut reports that Joan Rivers refused to be seated next to Joan Collins in the fur-loving designer's front row. CATFIGHT!?
9. David Beckham, however, seemed more than happy with his seatmate at wife Victoria's show. Fellow attendees tweeted that he cozied up to Anna Wintour--and the two even shared a few giggles!
More from Glamour: 10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List8. The famous Chanel hula hoop bag was spotted in the wild...on a dude. It's Marie Claire accessories editor Kyle Anderson, and he is not messing around when it comes to courting street style photographers. If this thing doesn't say "TAKE MY PICTURE!", we don't know what does.
5. Katie Holmes held a super-secret presentation of her line, Holmes & Yang. Our invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
4. Cats had a major moment in the spotlight. Not only did one make its way--on a leash, no less!--down the runway at Tracy Reese, but kitty hats were huge news, and Glamour even got in on the action with our own cat concept store!3. Fur mittens became a thing, thanks to both Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. Really!?
More from Glamour: Style Bloggers' Favorite Winter Outfits2. Prabal Gurung and Target put on a full-fledged carnival...in the middle of New York City. There was a merry-go-round. And corndogs. And prizes. And the rare but oh-so-sweet chance for fashion folks to let their hair down and have an old-fashioned blast.
1. Nemo tried to put a damper on fashion week chic. Thanks to the blizzard, Marc Jacobs was forced to postpone his show, and show-goers were forced to shelve their open-toe stilettos in favor of cozy snow boots. And yet, not a single thing was cancelled--we're a tough bunch, we New York fashion people.
What was your favorite New York Fashion Week moment? Share!
Bing: NYFW Fall 2013
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The Best Coat for Your Body
beauty tips and style advice
"Unfortunately like most magazines, media and images you see on here, the girls have been retouched to look, taller, thinner ... all to see a product."
The redeeming factor of summer, sadly, not being endless? New seasons require a different wardrobe, and there’s no time like the present to start your fall shopping. With autumn creeping up, I already know the boots and sweaters I’ll be heaving out of the stuffed containers under my bed that I think of fondly as my second closet…but there’s always room for fresh blood. I quizzed Shopbop’s fashion director, Elle Strauss, for help with getting the best strategy in place. Herewith, the 10 pieces she suggests picking up now (plus chic ideas for how to start incorporating them into your current closet).
These jeans aren't just distressed, they're destroyed, and all the cooler for it — the perfect way to make a basic T-shirt feel totally badass.
These products are so great they’ve attained cult status among beauty insiders—yet you can find them just about anywhere without blowing your budget.
Those awesome back-to-school outfits are begging for some killer kicks! Strut down the hallway in fall's hottest shoe trends.
These stars don't sleep in a hyperbaric chamber (that we know of), yet they seem to look better with each passing year. That's because somewhere along the way, they discovered a few signature makeup tricks that make all the difference. Steal some of their game-changing moves.
Your closet update just got way easier. Sneakers, heels, boots, flats—we've got it all covered.
Dressing right gets tricky when summer turns to fall. It's too warm for tweed, but shorts just don't feel right anymore. Fortunately, Esquire's got it all figured out for you.
When you’re flying in a metal tube at 30,000 feet, comfort trumps style. To help you avoid an in-flight fashion faux pas, avoid wearing the 5 items below.
In the pursuit of silky, swingy, frizz-free hair, there are a dizzying number of tempting in-salon services to choose from. We grilled chemists and stylists on what works (and what’s safe). Here are the eight things you—and your hair—need to know before you commit.
Beauty products have a lot of power. Applied expertly, they can make you look vibrant, gorgeous and at least five years younger. If you aren’t using them correctly, though, the same products can add a few years to your gorgeous visage. But before mothers of the bride go into panic mode, read on. We asked makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Andersen, who’s worked with the likes of Meryl Streep, Michelle Pfeiffer and Rachel Weisz, to divulge common beauty mistakes that you can nip in the bud before your daughter’s wedding.
Some people apply makeup at a vanity that’s crying out to be on Pinterest, and others rummage through a drawer overflowing with their 103 absolute must-have, use-daily products—but everybody can benefit from a few clever storage tricks. These are the smartest ways we’ve ever heard to keep your products and tools organized, accessible, and most of all, beautiful.