The top 10 OMG moments from NYFW Fall 2013
Catfight, hula hoop bag, cat mittens, and more.
Another New York Fashion Week behind us, another chance to relive the most jaw-dropping moments in front of us. There was no lack of OMG factor for fall 2013, dolls, and these are the things we're most savoring:
10. Battle of the Joans at Dennis Basso--The Cut reports that Joan Rivers refused to be seated next to Joan Collins in the fur-loving designer's front row. CATFIGHT!?
9. David Beckham, however, seemed more than happy with his seatmate at wife Victoria's show. Fellow attendees tweeted that he cozied up to Anna Wintour--and the two even shared a few giggles!
More from Glamour: 10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List8. The famous Chanel hula hoop bag was spotted in the wild...on a dude. It's Marie Claire accessories editor Kyle Anderson, and he is not messing around when it comes to courting street style photographers. If this thing doesn't say "TAKE MY PICTURE!", we don't know what does.
5. Katie Holmes held a super-secret presentation of her line, Holmes & Yang. Our invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
4. Cats had a major moment in the spotlight. Not only did one make its way--on a leash, no less!--down the runway at Tracy Reese, but kitty hats were huge news, and Glamour even got in on the action with our own cat concept store!3. Fur mittens became a thing, thanks to both Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. Really!?
More from Glamour: Style Bloggers' Favorite Winter Outfits2. Prabal Gurung and Target put on a full-fledged carnival...in the middle of New York City. There was a merry-go-round. And corndogs. And prizes. And the rare but oh-so-sweet chance for fashion folks to let their hair down and have an old-fashioned blast.
1. Nemo tried to put a damper on fashion week chic. Thanks to the blizzard, Marc Jacobs was forced to postpone his show, and show-goers were forced to shelve their open-toe stilettos in favor of cozy snow boots. And yet, not a single thing was cancelled--we're a tough bunch, we New York fashion people.
What was your favorite New York Fashion Week moment? Share!
Bing: NYFW Fall 2013
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The Best Coat for Your Body
beauty tips and style advice
Every year, we look to the biggest names in bridal beauty and fashion design to pinpoint the hottest bridal hair and makeup ideas – keeping in mind of course that this is a wedding (no crazy neon mascara here). This year, bridal beauty has gone extra natural and romantic -- think messy braids, wispy hair, natural eye makeup and more.
You’ve got the dress. You’ve got the venue, date, and invitations. The last thing you need to complete your wedding day? An amazing pair of shoes to wear as you walk down the aisle!
With the dress as the main focus, you want the hair to be understated. An updo does just that. But there's a difference between understated and boring. Adding simple accessories, like a pin or flower, is just enough decoration to the hair. Let these gorgeous pins serve as inspiration for finding a simple, yet understated, wedding hairstyle.
Just when we were getting used to seeing beards everywhere, it may be time for men who enjoy the attention of the opposite sex to invest in some shaving paraphernalia. In a new University of New South Wales study, researchers found that “when people are confronted by a succession of bearded men, clean-shaven men become [...]
If your arm aches just thinking about blow-drying, take heart: These easy hair-saving tips will cut down on your mirror time and deliver salon-level results.
From designer maxi dresses by Roberto Cavalli and Temperley London to contemporary finds by Alice + Olivia and Zimmermann, there's a dress for every kind of seaside bride.
Mom jeans are back this spring.
We combed our favorite online shopping haunts to find 20 stunning options for the unconventional bride who'd rather splurge on the perfect flowers and a signature cocktail than her aisle-bound gown. These gowns and frocks from Rae Francis, Black Halo Eve and Jill By Jill Stewart plus one epic jumpsuit by Rachel Zoe are the perfect antidote to the strapless fishtail option most brides seem to favor right now. You're certainly not basic, so why would your dress be?
We've rounded up 10 red carpet inspirations for long hair wedding hairstyles that don't scream "bridal," but are perfect for a walk down the aisle.
We're not in the habit of feeling sorry for supermodels. We reserve our sympathy for a less fortunate set, namely, everyone else on planet Earth.
How to love everything in your closet
Every season, wedding dress designers unveil their latest collections, and without fail, there are a handful of designs that give us pause. We're talking about beautifully designed dresses -- not meant for the fainthearted. For the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 collections, these are the ones.