The top 10 OMG moments from NYFW Fall 2013
Catfight, hula hoop bag, cat mittens, and more.
Another New York Fashion Week behind us, another chance to relive the most jaw-dropping moments in front of us. There was no lack of OMG factor for fall 2013, dolls, and these are the things we're most savoring:
10. Battle of the Joans at Dennis Basso--The Cut reports that Joan Rivers refused to be seated next to Joan Collins in the fur-loving designer's front row. CATFIGHT!?
9. David Beckham, however, seemed more than happy with his seatmate at wife Victoria's show. Fellow attendees tweeted that he cozied up to Anna Wintour--and the two even shared a few giggles!
More from Glamour: 10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List8. The famous Chanel hula hoop bag was spotted in the wild...on a dude. It's Marie Claire accessories editor Kyle Anderson, and he is not messing around when it comes to courting street style photographers. If this thing doesn't say "TAKE MY PICTURE!", we don't know what does.
5. Katie Holmes held a super-secret presentation of her line, Holmes & Yang. Our invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
4. Cats had a major moment in the spotlight. Not only did one make its way--on a leash, no less!--down the runway at Tracy Reese, but kitty hats were huge news, and Glamour even got in on the action with our own cat concept store!3. Fur mittens became a thing, thanks to both Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. Really!?
More from Glamour: Style Bloggers' Favorite Winter Outfits2. Prabal Gurung and Target put on a full-fledged carnival...in the middle of New York City. There was a merry-go-round. And corndogs. And prizes. And the rare but oh-so-sweet chance for fashion folks to let their hair down and have an old-fashioned blast.
1. Nemo tried to put a damper on fashion week chic. Thanks to the blizzard, Marc Jacobs was forced to postpone his show, and show-goers were forced to shelve their open-toe stilettos in favor of cozy snow boots. And yet, not a single thing was cancelled--we're a tough bunch, we New York fashion people.
What was your favorite New York Fashion Week moment? Share!
Bing: NYFW Fall 2013
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The Best Coat for Your Body
beauty tips and style advice
If you’re one of the lucky ones heading out of town for spring break, anticipating warm weather and sun-filled days (seriously, will it ever get above 50 degrees here in NYC?), make sure you pack all the essentials. I picked the best spring break must-haves so you can focus on the important things in life— like figuring out which boardwalk bar serves the best margaritas.
Men, get it together! First, facial hair transplants; now, monocles?!?!
As Fashion Month winds to a close and we bid adieu to awards season, the time has come to embrace yet another several month-long string of entertainment and celebrity-studded events: festival season. Ahead of Coachella’s flower crowns, South by Southwest hit Austin, Texas this weekend for its annual week of music, film and interactive (read: technology) shows, panels and performances.
Famous brides may have access to elite designers that most of us can only dream of, but we can all delight in the statements they make on their big days. In honor of the pending nuptials of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, let's take a look at some recent and past famous gorgeous gowns.
From pretty pastels to bold brights and cool textures, up your #ManicureMonday game with spring's top nail polish trends!
Even if everyone at school will be rocking their most festive shades of emerald on March 17, you don't want to end up looking like a Leprechaun in head-to-toe green.
Neutral tones and beautiful metallics were a huge trend on the Oscars red carpet. And we saw so many dresses that would be exceptionally beautiful walking down the aisle. Here are our favorites!
Sorry, winter, we’re way over you. It’s time to refresh your look for spring with bold lippies, fun nail art and major brows—here's how to rock the hottest new trends, just like these stylish celebs!
Time to say buh-bye to the same old, played-out 'dos. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin tells you how to update these 7 classic hairstyles for spring.
How to dress your baby bump.
Things we learned backstage at the fall 2014 runway shows: Bold brows aren’t going anywhere, bright green can actually look subtle, and glitter is amazing almost anywhere (within reason). Here, our favorite makeup looks of the season so far.
The fall runways showcased a broad range of hairstyles—braids, buns, ponytails, and even wigs. But there were unifying themes, too: A pervasive sense of ease; experimentation with texture; and an apparent belief that anything goes.