The top 10 OMG moments from NYFW Fall 2013
Catfight, hula hoop bag, cat mittens, and more.
Another New York Fashion Week behind us, another chance to relive the most jaw-dropping moments in front of us. There was no lack of OMG factor for fall 2013, dolls, and these are the things we're most savoring:
10. Battle of the Joans at Dennis Basso--The Cut reports that Joan Rivers refused to be seated next to Joan Collins in the fur-loving designer's front row. CATFIGHT!?
9. David Beckham, however, seemed more than happy with his seatmate at wife Victoria's show. Fellow attendees tweeted that he cozied up to Anna Wintour--and the two even shared a few giggles!
More from Glamour: 10 Things That Should Be on Every Girl's Beauty Bucket List8. The famous Chanel hula hoop bag was spotted in the wild...on a dude. It's Marie Claire accessories editor Kyle Anderson, and he is not messing around when it comes to courting street style photographers. If this thing doesn't say "TAKE MY PICTURE!", we don't know what does.
5. Katie Holmes held a super-secret presentation of her line, Holmes & Yang. Our invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
4. Cats had a major moment in the spotlight. Not only did one make its way--on a leash, no less!--down the runway at Tracy Reese, but kitty hats were huge news, and Glamour even got in on the action with our own cat concept store!3. Fur mittens became a thing, thanks to both Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. Really!?
More from Glamour: Style Bloggers' Favorite Winter Outfits2. Prabal Gurung and Target put on a full-fledged carnival...in the middle of New York City. There was a merry-go-round. And corndogs. And prizes. And the rare but oh-so-sweet chance for fashion folks to let their hair down and have an old-fashioned blast.
1. Nemo tried to put a damper on fashion week chic. Thanks to the blizzard, Marc Jacobs was forced to postpone his show, and show-goers were forced to shelve their open-toe stilettos in favor of cozy snow boots. And yet, not a single thing was cancelled--we're a tough bunch, we New York fashion people.
What was your favorite New York Fashion Week moment? Share!
Bing: NYFW Fall 2013
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
The Best Coat for Your Body
fashion: trends & must-haves for your wardrobe
Finding a swimsuit you love can be like winning the lottery (translation: seemingly impossible), so we went ahead and did the work for you. Our criteria? From bikini to one-piece, each bathing suit style had to be flattering for different body types, in a covet worthy print, color, or pattern, and actually swimmable (meaning it won’t slip off if you’re playing in the waves). Summer, we’re so ready for you.
Summer may have the potential to be the Don’t-iest season of all (hey, we’ve seen some crazy cover-ups in our day), but it allows for some seriously stylish Dos too. We rounded them up for you—and threw in one major dude Don’t just for fun.
Before you take the plunge and buy a cute new swimsuit, read our guide to summer’s top swimwear trends and how to pull them off.
Bring on the sun, sand, and sizzling hot weather: It’s swimsuit season! From waist-whittling one-pieces to fringe bikinis that add oomph, we’ve found 53 incredibly chic bathing suits that will make you look instantly slimmer. It seems the only beach cover-up you’ll need this season is sunscreen!
When you head for the sand and surf, it doesn’t matter whether you like to show off your curves or hide them. Avoid these 10 beachwear no-nos at all costs.
How to achieve a flawless faux glow.
Long, layered, medium or wavy – we’re sharing our favorite hairstyles of 2013 with a new ‘do each day. Stuck in a hair rut? Check back daily for snappy new looks that are sure to give your locks some beauty inspiration.
Use these tips to fend off flakes for good.
Running from work to play and everywhere in between all day long may be murder on your feet, but it doesn't have to tax your style. These easy, celebrity-inspired pieces wear well no matter what the time of day, keeping you chic around the clock.
Whether you're planning on logging some serious beach time or are celebrating a special occasion, draw warm-weather outfit inspiration from some of our favorite stylish celebs.
Summer's here, and the warmer temperatures and sunnier skies can mean only one thing: more trips to the beach! Choosing the right swimsuit is an obvious way to amp up your shoreside style, but you also can't forget about what goes over the skimpy swimwear. Click through the gallery to see more unique ways to cover up at the beach this summer.
Each year, 51 women head to Las Vegas to compete for the title of MISS USA. Get to know this year’s contestants; there’s more to these beauties than meets the eye.