7 Tips for Dressing Slimmer This Summer
Amidst all the summer cocktails, weekend barbeques and afternoon ice cream cones, summer can be a challenging time to keep in shape. But don’t fret fitting in your summer dresses; instead, take these tips from Fashion experts Liz Lange and Jane Wagman of Shopafrolic.com, who are sharing their top seven tips for looking slimmer this summer.
Their advice? Easily create cute outfits that make us look more svelte, no gym required. Here are their top tips:
1. The color blocking trend can make you look super slim when you put dark colors on bottom - light on top.
2. Vertical stripes are always slimming, so try it with a stripped dress or top.
3. The popular Mad Men inspired 1950's fit and flare dress nips in your waist and hides your thighs.
4. A long but lean cardigan or tunic hides everything, but doesn't add volume.
5. When in doubt, cinch your waist line with a belt. Definition at the waist is always slimming.
6. If you're heavier around the mid-section, pair a fun blousy top with white jeans.
7. Invest in a great pair of wedges, which will add height and make your legs appear longer. Longer shorts with nude wedge heels, gives you the illusion of having longer legs, which is so slimming.
Tell us: What are your tips for dressing slim?
Photo: by Elle Hanley/Flickr/Getty Images
fashion: trends & must-haves for your wardrobe
Step into spring with style in June Ambrose's new shoe line for HSN.
Revamp your corporate look with graphic prints and bold color.
You may not get wrinkles on your hair, but it ages all the same. Grays, dullness, thinning strands, and frizz are all (unfortunately) part of the hair’s aging process, which starts happening in your 30s. The good news is that you don’t need Botox to fix these problems. Here are six tips for hair that’s shiny, bouncy, healthy—and, yes, younger looking.
Our fashion-savvy FLOTUS shows us she is truly a master at mixing high- and low-end designs.
Long, layered, medium or wavy – we’re sharing our favorite hairstyles of 2013 with a new ‘do each day. Stuck in a hair rut? Check back daily for snappy new looks that are sure to give your locks some beauty inspiration.
Get ready for summer with these cute and easy to DIY nail art designs.
Brides, it’s your big day and you want to look special. Please, whatever you do, don’t wear one of these wedding dresses. These are truly the worst.
Even if you’re the best friend of all time, no bridesmaid should ever have to wear these worst-ever bridesmaid dresses. Lace, ruffles and satin overload!
As your face changes, so should your hair—the right cut can shave years from your appearance. And while there’s no such thing as an age-appropriate length, there are age-appropriate styles. Here, the 30 most gorgeous hairstyles for every age, as seen on Mila Kunis, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston, Diane Keaton, and more.
Stuck in a office-look-rut? Let some of history's most smartly dressed women inspire your everyday uniform.
Few spots are as fashionable as the Cannes Film Festival red carpet. Celebrity style stars pull out all the stops—because if you can’t wear a fabulous dress at one of the film industry’s biggest events, in one of the world’s most glamorous locales, when can you? Here are 25 of the masterpieces we still can’t stop staring at.
From demure dresses to covetable coats, the Duchess of Cambridge has a maternity wardrobe that would make any grown woman wish she could be a princess. Click through the gallery to see some of her most stylish looks while pregnant.