7 Tips for Dressing Slimmer This Summer
Amidst all the summer cocktails, weekend barbeques and afternoon ice cream cones, summer can be a challenging time to keep in shape. But don’t fret fitting in your summer dresses; instead, take these tips from Fashion experts Liz Lange and Jane Wagman of Shopafrolic.com, who are sharing their top seven tips for looking slimmer this summer.
Their advice? Easily create cute outfits that make us look more svelte, no gym required. Here are their top tips:
1. The color blocking trend can make you look super slim when you put dark colors on bottom - light on top.
2. Vertical stripes are always slimming, so try it with a stripped dress or top.
3. The popular Mad Men inspired 1950's fit and flare dress nips in your waist and hides your thighs.
4. A long but lean cardigan or tunic hides everything, but doesn't add volume.
5. When in doubt, cinch your waist line with a belt. Definition at the waist is always slimming.
6. If you're heavier around the mid-section, pair a fun blousy top with white jeans.
7. Invest in a great pair of wedges, which will add height and make your legs appear longer. Longer shorts with nude wedge heels, gives you the illusion of having longer legs, which is so slimming.
Tell us: What are your tips for dressing slim?
Photo: by Elle Hanley/Flickr/Getty Images
beauty tips and style advice
Here's something to brighten up your Tuesday afternoon: The brilliant minds at Moschino have always been masters at combining fashion and whimsical, quirky humor—and this season, they've gone and outdone themselves.
It's looking to be a winter wonderland out there today and that means extreme sweater weather.
Check out these mind-blowing runway photos.
Click to see 10 must-have hair tools to streamline your beauty routine.
See 9 of the prettiest holiday hair accessories for the holidays.
Here's how to choose the neckline style that looks best on you.
This season, let your nails be as merry—and bright—as your mood.
Sure, a little black dress or le smoking is always on par for the party scene, but who says holiday dressing has to be so cut and dry? We have 15 ideas for switching it up this season—getting festive just got a whole lot more fun.
Super-fast (and easy) hair, makeup, and nail ideas that’ll make you party-ready in minutes. Sorry, no more last-minute bailing because you’re running late.
From straight and sleek to intricate braids and sky high topknots, some celebs just know how to do party hair
From a structured blazer to that awe-inducing statement clutch, Rachel Zoe shares her picks for December dressing with InStyle.com exclusively.
Simple style tricks to help your hair look better in an instant.