Kanye West's Givenchy skirt at the 12-12-12 concert
Here's what 8 people had to say about it.
by Tracey Lomrantz Lester
YOU GUYS: Kanye West wore a Givenchy skirt last night at the 12-12-12 concert to benefit Sandy Relief. Doesn't sound like such a huge deal, right? Wrong! Here's what eight bloggers, reporters, and VIP Tweeters are saying about it.
@KanyesSkirt already has 1,200 followers on Twitter (really!?), and here's what everyone else is saying:
- Cam'ron posted (then later deleted) on Instagram about the look, saying, "Pyrex and a skirt? Sh*t ain't adding up."
More from Glamour: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
- Fox News zeroed in on a tweet that said, "Kanye must have swapped suitcases with Kim Kardashian."
- Refinery29 points out that the skirt has made plenty of prior stage appearances on the Watch the Throne tour, and it's kinda exempt from criticism because, "It's fashion, and the skirt is kind of Yeezy's thing...and it is Riccardo Tisci, anyways."
- @JaredLeto managed to poke fun at himself in his critique of the look:
More from Glamour: The Best Coat for Your Body
- The Huffington Post says West is "clearly in touch with his feminine side." Ba dum bum.
- According to StyleCaster, "the star of the night was arguably Kanye West and his pleated leather Givenchy skirt."
- The Today Show seconds that with this headline: "Kanye West's leather skirt steals the show at Sandy benefit."
- As for the only opinion that really matters, @KimKardashian, she approved:
What do you gals think of all of this chatter about the skirt? I'm feeling kinda "really!?" about the whole thing...it's just a dude in a skirt! Haven't any of those concert watchers ever seen Marc Jacobs!? Discuss!
Courtesy of Glamour
More from Glamour:
60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
10 Turn-Ons That Aren't About Looks
Cute Boots for Every Budget
beauty tips and style advice
You know that classic nightmare where you walk into school or work completely naked? That’s how I feel when I’m having a bad hair day. Like I don’t want anyone to look at me and it takes everything I have not to immediately turn around and run back home.
Victoria Beckham will share her fashion story and give inside access to her brand via The Skype Collaboration Project in January 2014.
Just when we thought Pamela Anderson's sleek pixie marked her biggest hair makeover this year, the star ditched her trademark blonde hue.
Yes! Lupita Nyong'O shows us how.
Take the health of your hair up a notch with these natural treatments
Nope, it's not your resume.
This is why a short wedding dress makes sense.
The Queen is a handbag trendsetter, apparently.
You know winter is here when you pull off your clothes and find the insides lined with a thin coating of tiny dry skin particles. (Am I alone here, or do I have more serious dry skin issues than I thought?)
Yesterday I popped by the Clear Clinic, a dedicated acne treatment center that a lot of people (including a Glamour beauty blogger or two) swear have helped cure them of the dreaded spots.
The first thing I noticed about this photo of Keira Knightley at a London gala last night was her 90s-chic makeup, featuring matte pale foundation and lots of black eyeliner.
It’s the stuff of pinups, old Hollywood glamour, and even science study after study says guys really go for it. But that classic Rita Hayworth red doesn’t necessarily flatter every complexion. We rounded up the absolute best reds for every skin tone, so you can breeze through the sea of cherries, raspberries, and any other scarlet fruit.