Kanye West's Givenchy skirt at the 12-12-12 concert
Here's what 8 people had to say about it.
by Tracey Lomrantz Lester
YOU GUYS: Kanye West wore a Givenchy skirt last night at the 12-12-12 concert to benefit Sandy Relief. Doesn't sound like such a huge deal, right? Wrong! Here's what eight bloggers, reporters, and VIP Tweeters are saying about it.
@KanyesSkirt already has 1,200 followers on Twitter (really!?), and here's what everyone else is saying:
- Cam'ron posted (then later deleted) on Instagram about the look, saying, "Pyrex and a skirt? Sh*t ain't adding up."
More from Glamour: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
- Fox News zeroed in on a tweet that said, "Kanye must have swapped suitcases with Kim Kardashian."
- Refinery29 points out that the skirt has made plenty of prior stage appearances on the Watch the Throne tour, and it's kinda exempt from criticism because, "It's fashion, and the skirt is kind of Yeezy's thing...and it is Riccardo Tisci, anyways."
- @JaredLeto managed to poke fun at himself in his critique of the look:
More from Glamour: The Best Coat for Your Body
- The Huffington Post says West is "clearly in touch with his feminine side." Ba dum bum.
- According to StyleCaster, "the star of the night was arguably Kanye West and his pleated leather Givenchy skirt."
- The Today Show seconds that with this headline: "Kanye West's leather skirt steals the show at Sandy benefit."
- As for the only opinion that really matters, @KimKardashian, she approved:
What do you gals think of all of this chatter about the skirt? I'm feeling kinda "really!?" about the whole thing...it's just a dude in a skirt! Haven't any of those concert watchers ever seen Marc Jacobs!? Discuss!
Courtesy of Glamour
More from Glamour:
60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
10 Turn-Ons That Aren't About Looks
Cute Boots for Every Budget
fashion: trends & must-haves for your wardrobe
Long, layered, medium or wavy – we’re sharing our favorite hairstyles of 2013 with a new ‘do each day. Stuck in a hair rut? Check back daily for snappy new looks that are sure to give your locks some beauty inspiration.
Finding a swimsuit you love can be like winning the lottery (translation: seemingly impossible), so we went ahead and did the work for you. Our criteria? From bikini to one-piece, each bathing suit style had to be flattering for different body types, in a covet worthy print, color, or pattern, and actually swimmable (meaning it won’t slip off if you’re playing in the waves). Summer, we’re so ready for you.
Summer may have the potential to be the Don’t-iest season of all (hey, we’ve seen some crazy cover-ups in our day), but it allows for some seriously stylish Dos too. We rounded them up for you—and threw in one major dude Don’t just for fun.
Before you take the plunge and buy a cute new swimsuit, read our guide to summer’s top swimwear trends and how to pull them off.
Bring on the sun, sand, and sizzling hot weather: It’s swimsuit season! From waist-whittling one-pieces to fringe bikinis that add oomph, we’ve found 53 incredibly chic bathing suits that will make you look instantly slimmer. It seems the only beach cover-up you’ll need this season is sunscreen!
When you head for the sand and surf, it doesn’t matter whether you like to show off your curves or hide them. Avoid these 10 beachwear no-nos at all costs.
How to achieve a flawless faux glow.
Use these tips to fend off flakes for good.
Running from work to play and everywhere in between all day long may be murder on your feet, but it doesn't have to tax your style. These easy, celebrity-inspired pieces wear well no matter what the time of day, keeping you chic around the clock.
Whether you're planning on logging some serious beach time or are celebrating a special occasion, draw warm-weather outfit inspiration from some of our favorite stylish celebs.
Summer's here, and the warmer temperatures and sunnier skies can mean only one thing: more trips to the beach! Choosing the right swimsuit is an obvious way to amp up your shoreside style, but you also can't forget about what goes over the skimpy swimwear. Click through the gallery to see more unique ways to cover up at the beach this summer.
Each year, 51 women head to Las Vegas to compete for the title of MISS USA. Get to know this year’s contestants; there’s more to these beauties than meets the eye.