Minimize your pores in minutes with these star makeup artist tricks
Best kept secrets for camouflaging pores in minutes
It may be impossible to shrink those tiny openings on your skin, but you can make them look less obvious. Makeup artist Nick Barose, who has worked with Amy Adams, divulges his best-kept secrets for camouflaging pores in minutes.
RELATED: Makeup Artist Tricks for Minimizing Your Pores
1. Prime your face. Smooth the surface of your skin with a silicone-based gel; this fills in the tiny holes at the opening of the pores. We like: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-.Hour Perfecting Primer, $30; sephora.com.
2. Sponge on foundation. Go for a lightweight formula with exfoliating salicylic acid to unclog pores while hiding them. We like: Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup, $27; clinique.com.
RELATED: #MakingSeptember: Behind the Issue!
3. Dust on powder. A matte powder with optical diffusers further blurs imperfections, making pores appear even less conspicuous. We like: Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder, $34; narscosmetics.com.
• Meet InStyle's (Shirtless) Man of Style for September
• Try Julianne Hough's Smoky Eye and Soft Peach Blush
• Get the Look: Jennifer Aniston's Glowing Makeup From the We're The Millers Premiere
Subscribe to Simply Chic | Friend us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Pinterest
Bing: Makeup trends for fall 2013
PHOTO: Time Inc. Digital Studios
I found using a V-C serum before applying moisturizer, then using a primer, helps. (ELF)
In my lifetime I have used Chanel, etc and have found high end products are about as effective as products you may find in target or a drug store. For years I tried (almost) every moisturizer, then found the perfect moisturizer (for me).
Antioxidant Vitamin C Cream by Vitamin World. Wait......say what? (really, really)
Expensive doesn't always mean results.
tarte products- anyone have much experience with them? The ones I have used have been really good- TY
beauty tips and style advice
You know that classic nightmare where you walk into school or work completely naked? That’s how I feel when I’m having a bad hair day. Like I don’t want anyone to look at me and it takes everything I have not to immediately turn around and run back home.
Victoria Beckham will share her fashion story and give inside access to her brand via The Skype Collaboration Project in January 2014.
Just when we thought Pamela Anderson's sleek pixie marked her biggest hair makeover this year, the star ditched her trademark blonde hue.
Yes! Lupita Nyong'O shows us how.
Take the health of your hair up a notch with these natural treatments
Nope, it's not your resume.
This is why a short wedding dress makes sense.
The Queen is a handbag trendsetter, apparently.
You know winter is here when you pull off your clothes and find the insides lined with a thin coating of tiny dry skin particles. (Am I alone here, or do I have more serious dry skin issues than I thought?)
Yesterday I popped by the Clear Clinic, a dedicated acne treatment center that a lot of people (including a Glamour beauty blogger or two) swear have helped cure them of the dreaded spots.
The first thing I noticed about this photo of Keira Knightley at a London gala last night was her 90s-chic makeup, featuring matte pale foundation and lots of black eyeliner.
It’s the stuff of pinups, old Hollywood glamour, and even science study after study says guys really go for it. But that classic Rita Hayworth red doesn’t necessarily flatter every complexion. We rounded up the absolute best reds for every skin tone, so you can breeze through the sea of cherries, raspberries, and any other scarlet fruit.