Minimize your pores in minutes with these star makeup artist tricks
Best kept secrets for camouflaging pores in minutes
It may be impossible to shrink those tiny openings on your skin, but you can make them look less obvious. Makeup artist Nick Barose, who has worked with Amy Adams, divulges his best-kept secrets for camouflaging pores in minutes.
RELATED: Makeup Artist Tricks for Minimizing Your Pores
1. Prime your face. Smooth the surface of your skin with a silicone-based gel; this fills in the tiny holes at the opening of the pores. We like: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-.Hour Perfecting Primer, $30; sephora.com.
2. Sponge on foundation. Go for a lightweight formula with exfoliating salicylic acid to unclog pores while hiding them. We like: Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup, $27; clinique.com.
RELATED: #MakingSeptember: Behind the Issue!
3. Dust on powder. A matte powder with optical diffusers further blurs imperfections, making pores appear even less conspicuous. We like: Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder, $34; narscosmetics.com.
• Meet InStyle's (Shirtless) Man of Style for September
• Try Julianne Hough's Smoky Eye and Soft Peach Blush
• Get the Look: Jennifer Aniston's Glowing Makeup From the We're The Millers Premiere
Subscribe to Simply Chic | Friend us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Pinterest
Bing: Makeup trends for fall 2013
PHOTO: Time Inc. Digital Studios
I found using a V-C serum before applying moisturizer, then using a primer, helps. (ELF)
In my lifetime I have used Chanel, etc and have found high end products are about as effective as products you may find in target or a drug store. For years I tried (almost) every moisturizer, then found the perfect moisturizer (for me).
Antioxidant Vitamin C Cream by Vitamin World. Wait......say what? (really, really)
Expensive doesn't always mean results.
tarte products- anyone have much experience with them? The ones I have used have been really good- TY
beauty tips and style advice
These travel-sized beauty products will do double-duty while you're on the road.
And before you ask, sorry, the $325 dress is SOLD OUT on Matches.com and DVF.com—you snooze, you loose.
Click through the slideshow to shop some of our spring favorites.
French braid? Been there. Fishtail? Done that. The newest styles are all about unexpected texture, major volume, and one man's wild imagination.
Long hair, don’t care? Think again…
She dishes on the routine that keeps her looking polished, even when she's pulling up to the <i>Mad Men</i> set at 5 a.m. Plus, the fragrance that helps Christina get her Joan on.
For inspiration, we've rounded up gorgeous (and easy to replicate) wedding makeup looks from the red carpet.
With a few insider tricks, you can enjoy short hair 365 days of the year and have a gorgeous style on your wedding day. Wedding hairstyles for short hair do exist.
I’m beyond excited to finally ditch my winter coat and heavy layers, but I’m not so eager to ditch my tights. Let’s just say my legs are not as smooth and bronzed as they were the last time I showed them off many, many months ago.
Prince William thought Kate Middleton looked like a banana in this dress (plus one more royal tour outfit)
After a jam-packed week in New Zealand, Kate Middleton and Prince William finally enjoyed a day off, but as of last night (or this morning..? Ah, time change!) they're back on the road again.
Neatly sidestepping high fashion, the smiling, cheerful Kate Middleton is fast becoming the Duchess of Normcore.
This December, New Yorkers might notice something missing in the Christmas air.