Minimize your pores in minutes with these star makeup artist tricks
Best kept secrets for camouflaging pores in minutes
It may be impossible to shrink those tiny openings on your skin, but you can make them look less obvious. Makeup artist Nick Barose, who has worked with Amy Adams, divulges his best-kept secrets for camouflaging pores in minutes.
RELATED: Makeup Artist Tricks for Minimizing Your Pores
1. Prime your face. Smooth the surface of your skin with a silicone-based gel; this fills in the tiny holes at the opening of the pores. We like: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-.Hour Perfecting Primer, $30; sephora.com.
2. Sponge on foundation. Go for a lightweight formula with exfoliating salicylic acid to unclog pores while hiding them. We like: Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup, $27; clinique.com.
RELATED: #MakingSeptember: Behind the Issue!
3. Dust on powder. A matte powder with optical diffusers further blurs imperfections, making pores appear even less conspicuous. We like: Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder, $34; narscosmetics.com.
• Meet InStyle's (Shirtless) Man of Style for September
• Try Julianne Hough's Smoky Eye and Soft Peach Blush
• Get the Look: Jennifer Aniston's Glowing Makeup From the We're The Millers Premiere
Subscribe to Simply Chic | Friend us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Pinterest
Bing: Makeup trends for fall 2013
PHOTO: Time Inc. Digital Studios
I found using a V-C serum before applying moisturizer, then using a primer, helps. (ELF)
In my lifetime I have used Chanel, etc and have found high end products are about as effective as products you may find in target or a drug store. For years I tried (almost) every moisturizer, then found the perfect moisturizer (for me).
Antioxidant Vitamin C Cream by Vitamin World. Wait......say what? (really, really)
Expensive doesn't always mean results.
tarte products- anyone have much experience with them? The ones I have used have been really good- TY
beauty tips and style advice
Hue-changing dos we absolutely love.
Why your jean size varies from store to store.
Wait a month between waxing visits? Check. Pop a preappointment Advil? Duh. We all know the basics, but here are the tricks you don’t know.
What to always—and never, ever—do to keep hair in top shape.
Get inspired to try these sweet and summery looks.
Stunning wedding styles that create a statement.
I attended the Abercrombie and Fitch holiday-season press preview yesterday, and in between checking out the cute gear that will hit stores this November, I picked up a little nugget of information I just have to share.
How to wear this cool-weather staple in the summer.
See how Miranda Kerr made a pair of Birkenstocks chic.
We love how a new nail polish has the ability to instantly change your look and your mood with a simple swipe. While happy lime greens and aquas are ruling the five million #nailpolish Instagrams this summer, there are a variety of great colors to choose from—whether you want an office-appropriate neutral or a fun going-out shade that’ll give your LBD a punch of color.
You already know wearing white after Labor Day is cool. But menswear is reinventing itself rapidly, leaving some long-held mandates by the wayside, not to mention a bunch of men with a lot of questions. Sure, some style laws are truly inviolable. Showing a quarter-inch of cuff will always be crucial, but with designers and dandies flaunting so many former taboos it's hard to tell what's in play these days. So we thought we'd take this opportunity to let you know which rules no longer apply.
Put down the wrinkled button-down, step away from the Crocs, and open your closet. We need to talk about the new rules of casual.