28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
My wife just brought me a slice of pumpkin pie and wearing nothing but
a smile and a few dollops of whipped cream. This is the sexiest
day of my life!!!!
Who cares if thanksgiving is sexy.....what a stupid article on a wonderful american tradition. I am thankful for THANKSGIVING and this wonderful country, faith, family and friends!
beauty tips and style advice
From pretty pastels to bold brights and cool textures, up your #ManicureMonday game with spring's top nail polish trends!
Even if everyone at school will be rocking their most festive shades of emerald on March 17, you don't want to end up looking like a Leprechaun in head-to-toe green.
Neutral tones and beautiful metallics were a huge trend on the Oscars red carpet. And we saw so many dresses that would be exceptionally beautiful walking down the aisle. Here are our favorites!
Sorry, winter, we’re way over you. It’s time to refresh your look for spring with bold lippies, fun nail art and major brows—here's how to rock the hottest new trends, just like these stylish celebs!
Time to say buh-bye to the same old, played-out 'dos. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin tells you how to update these 7 classic hairstyles for spring.
How to dress your baby bump.
Things we learned backstage at the fall 2014 runway shows: Bold brows aren’t going anywhere, bright green can actually look subtle, and glitter is amazing almost anywhere (within reason). Here, our favorite makeup looks of the season so far.
The fall runways showcased a broad range of hairstyles—braids, buns, ponytails, and even wigs. But there were unifying themes, too: A pervasive sense of ease; experimentation with texture; and an apparent belief that anything goes.
It's not always about the ladies of style. Check out these fashion icons.
Do you hear that? It's the sound of hundreds of cover bands beginning to tune their guitars and trying to remember the lyrics to "Shout." Ladies and gentlemen (but mostly ladies), it's nearly wedding season.
So, it hasn’t snowed in nearly a week—does that mean it’s summer yet? Well, almost. But alas, just because you’re confident setting aside your trusty Sorel boots unfortunately doesn’t mean you get to hop right into an itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie yellow polka dot bikini just yet. Unless, of course, you’re headed somewhere tropical in the next few weeks (lucky you!) and really do need to stock up on sexy swimsuits right now.
Getting away from it all for a bit? Your vacation wardrobe should be just like your plans: laid-back but totally fabulous. Take a cue from these celebrities, whose low-effort, high-style outfit ideas are officially on our must-copy list.