28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
My wife just brought me a slice of pumpkin pie and wearing nothing but
a smile and a few dollops of whipped cream. This is the sexiest
day of my life!!!!
Who cares if thanksgiving is sexy.....what a stupid article on a wonderful american tradition. I am thankful for THANKSGIVING and this wonderful country, faith, family and friends!
beauty tips and style advice
Controversial.... Or empowering?
These jeans aren't just distressed; they're destroyed — and all the cooler for it. They're also the perfect way to make a basic T-shirt feel totally wild.
After almost a decade together and six children, power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally made it official on Saturday, August 23 in Chateau Miraval, France. As we wait for photos of the highly anticipated affair, let's take some time to reminisce with some recent and past famous gorgeous gowns.
Good news for your feet: Sneakers are everywhere this fall. Fashion insiders and celebs alike are sporting athletic shoes with their chicest outfits, making them an essential fall fashion trend. With an abundance of styles in stores right now, it might seem daunting to find the pair that’s right for you. We handpicked the 35 best sneaker styles to try.
We’re just going to say it: Ankle boots might be are our favorite type of boots. They’re tough like classic motos when paired with skinny jeans or leather pants. But they also work in place of fussy heels with a flared skirt or cocktail dress for an unexpected downtown-cool vibe. And, let’s be honest, the ankle height just feels more relaxed and comfortable. Never mind that booties take up way less room in your closet too. Wait. Do you know what that means? You can buy more than just one pair this fall—especially since ankle boots come in so many styles, shapes, colors, heel heights, and price points. So check out these 20 booties for fall.
Fall just gives us the warm fuzzies—and not because of the turning of the leaves, football games, or the excuse to eat pumpkin-flavored everything. We can finally wear our very best coats incorporating the newest fashion trends (and there are so many options out there). So make the most of this wonderful time—before the puffy-jacket-required winter rears its blustery head—with these 15 coat and jacket picks for all budgets.
As beauty editors, we thought we had heard (and made!) every hairstyling mistake out there. We no longer use uncoated elastics or rough up our hair with a towel when we get out of the shower, and we even fully embrace the benefits of hair masks. But during a visit with Herbal Essences celebrity stylist Charles Baker Strahan, we learned some new, seriously next-level tips. Read on for better hair days ahead.
Expert tips on how to style the newest fall fashion trend.
Transitioning your wardrobe from season to season is a masterful fashion feat (a.k.a. it’s just plain hard). While it’s not quite the right time to bust out the fall fashion trends just yet, that head-to-toe white look that you worked all summer isn’t really going to work anymore either. So what’s a stylish girl to do? Let’s look to these fashion influencers and see how they rock the in-between season with great aplomb! The chicest summer-to-fall outfit ideas you have ever seen are right this way.
There isn't a single beauty trend that's as high drama, sultry, and decidedly timeless as the cat eye. Through the decades, the feminine flick has graced the lash lines of many of the greats, from '50s silver screen siren Sophia Loren to modern crooner Lana Del Rey. As an ode to the winged liner look, we're looking back at the most 20 most iconic iterations on the illustrious women that made them famous. Learn how to paint on perfect black winged eyes here.
Even though the ’90s and early aughts seem rather far off now that those of us who grew up then have graduated to full-on careers, families, and investment bags, I’m here to let you know: get millennials started talking about the style moments and must-buys that peppered their history and you can’t shut them up. When we had the chance to play around with some of Coach’s new fall bags, it managed to bring up a group-wide memory of living for the brand’s wristlets, circa freshman year of college. From there, the memories of stuff I wanted so bad, from elementary school onward, came pouring out. I’m presenting it all here, supplemented with some contributions from the rest of the Glamour team.
We’re living in the age of the selfie. This year, the word was officially added to the dictionary (we even got variations, like “belfie”—we’ll let you Google that one); the entire Obama family got in on the act; and a major TV network added a show called Selfie to its fall lineup. Oh, and you didn’t even have to watch this year’s Oscars to know that the biggest winner of all was not a film, but in fact the selfie. So it’s about time you learn how to take a really, really good one.