28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
My wife just brought me a slice of pumpkin pie and wearing nothing but
a smile and a few dollops of whipped cream. This is the sexiest
day of my life!!!!
Who cares if thanksgiving is sexy.....what a stupid article on a wonderful american tradition. I am thankful for THANKSGIVING and this wonderful country, faith, family and friends!
beauty tips and style advice
This Instagram should be an ad campaign on billboards everywhere immediately.
Thirty-year-old Lisa Conn was shamed for her American Apparel swim suit.
The famous Parisian shoe designer has unveiled a luxurious new nail polish, his first foray into the world of beauty, and there are no prizes for guessing what color it comes in.
Average shoe size is up about two sizes since the '70s, study says.
They can't escape wedding season, so they might as well look their best.
Front-row style star Miroslava Duma just clears 5′, Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon one-ups her—literally—at 5′ 1″, and fashion crush Rachel Bilson barely tops them both at a whopping 5′ 2″. But aside from standing at the diminutive end of the height spectrum, these three ladies have something else in common: the ability to nail every summer fashion trend. If you’re part of the petite girls’ club, take a look at these 12 fashion essentials—from closet staples to chic accessories—to keep you at the top of your style game this summer.
Quick, easy, everywhere-appropriate: There's no summer piece quite as versatile--or flattering.
These fresh, cute outfit ideas range from unexpected mash-ups to completely coordinated looks. What they all have in common is they'll get you out the door feeling totally confident.
Because it actually takes some makeup—maybe even a few false lashes—to look beautifully bare-faced.
Make a good impression by presenting the best form of yourself. Even when luck's against you--for instance, you encounter a huge zit the week before an important presentation--take action now. Here are fixes for your most common grooming mishaps.
Olivia Palermo isn’t the first star to wear a nontraditional bridal look! See more unique celebrity wedding dresses
We’re still dreaming about Olivia Palermo’s unconventional yet impossibly chic wedding-day ensemble. The shorts! The jutting tulle skirt overlay! The creamy cashmere sweater! Everything about this layered look is as trend-setting as it is unique.And though she may be the first star to walk down the aisle in shorts, Olivia isn’t the first celebrity to say “I do” in something nontraditional. Several boundary-pushing stars have skipped the all-white look, and instead opted for a colorful wedding dress.
Keep your tresses looking their best, even on the muggiest of summer days, with these tips