28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
Well who wants to play football or even watch it in a dress? Personally I like to be comfy and don't feel the need to impress anyone. I want to enjoy my family and ALL the great food. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS.
i didn't kow any holiday was sexy.
is this an intern covering for the regular guy?
beauty tips and style advice
The wedding dresses on the spring 2015 runways were beautiful, breezy, and fresh—just like a breath of warm spring air. No matter where or when you’ll say your vows (or how big or small your budget is), your dream wedding dress is just a few clicks away.
The results were crazy awesome.
There are no bad bodies, just bad jeans! Consider your denim problem areas solved (thanks to our 50-pair editor try-on).
Mascara wands are getting fatter, but that may not help your lashes. There's a better way to gain weight.
Three summers ago, I bought a pair of soft, white-calfskin Chanel loafers. I spent months trying to keep them pristine, but it wasn’t long before a July thunderstorm left them and me soaked. I began steeling myself for what I thought was inevitable: a solemn drop in the trash. But once the loafers dried, I found the shoes’ stained stitching—now storm-cloud gray—was lovely and a few new wrinkles in the leather were charming, like smile lines for shoes. I started to wear them freely—taking on puddles and tossing them onto the sand at the beach—and before long, they transformed. The roughened toe-tops reminded me of a welcoming, worn armchair, and a wet-and-hot summer had molded the material perfectly to my feet.
When the clock’s ticking, digging though every compact in your bathroom is an exercise in frustration. What you need is one simple bag with a selection of products that help you pull yourself together as quickly as possible, at home or on the road. In it:
You know the freshly scrubbed, athletic look that defines American beauty? Turns out it’s been centuries in the making.
According to Hollywood's top hairstylists, celebrity clients get sticky fingers when it comes to these no-fail products.
The American company that helped to popularize the shapewear trend has moved into the world of denim with a new jeans collection.
What to wear and what to avoid the next time you attend a wedding.
Want the most gorgeous hair of your life for your wedding day? Of course you do. Hairstylist Jen Atkin shares the top mistakes brides make that are getting in the way of that picture-perfect bridal hairstyle
So there are fashion mishaps. And then, there is the catastrophe known as....camel toe.