28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
My wife just brought me a slice of pumpkin pie and wearing nothing but
a smile and a few dollops of whipped cream. This is the sexiest
day of my life!!!!
Who cares if thanksgiving is sexy.....what a stupid article on a wonderful american tradition. I am thankful for THANKSGIVING and this wonderful country, faith, family and friends!
beauty tips and style advice
You know that classic nightmare where you walk into school or work completely naked? That’s how I feel when I’m having a bad hair day. Like I don’t want anyone to look at me and it takes everything I have not to immediately turn around and run back home.
Victoria Beckham will share her fashion story and give inside access to her brand via The Skype Collaboration Project in January 2014.
Just when we thought Pamela Anderson's sleek pixie marked her biggest hair makeover this year, the star ditched her trademark blonde hue.
Yes! Lupita Nyong'O shows us how.
Take the health of your hair up a notch with these natural treatments
Nope, it's not your resume.
This is why a short wedding dress makes sense.
The Queen is a handbag trendsetter, apparently.
You know winter is here when you pull off your clothes and find the insides lined with a thin coating of tiny dry skin particles. (Am I alone here, or do I have more serious dry skin issues than I thought?)
Yesterday I popped by the Clear Clinic, a dedicated acne treatment center that a lot of people (including a Glamour beauty blogger or two) swear have helped cure them of the dreaded spots.
The first thing I noticed about this photo of Keira Knightley at a London gala last night was her 90s-chic makeup, featuring matte pale foundation and lots of black eyeliner.
It’s the stuff of pinups, old Hollywood glamour, and even science study after study says guys really go for it. But that classic Rita Hayworth red doesn’t necessarily flatter every complexion. We rounded up the absolute best reds for every skin tone, so you can breeze through the sea of cherries, raspberries, and any other scarlet fruit.