28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
Well who wants to play football or even watch it in a dress? Personally I like to be comfy and don't feel the need to impress anyone. I want to enjoy my family and ALL the great food. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS.
i didn't kow any holiday was sexy.
is this an intern covering for the regular guy?
beauty tips and style advice
These travel-sized beauty products will do double-duty while you're on the road.
Neatly sidestepping high fashion, the smiling, cheerful Kate Middleton is fast becoming the Duchess of Normcore.
This December, New Yorkers might notice something missing in the Christmas air.
When Madonna posted an image of herself wearing a full on Game of Thrones Khaleesi costume on Instagram last week we weren’t exactly surprised—this is the woman who rolled into the Grammy Awards wearing a tuxedo and a grill earlier this winter, so why not celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim with a leather corset and a pair of tiny dragons? Still, we were hypnotized by her white-blonde, braided Daenerys Targaryen hair. Functioning as a bleached out cultural weather vane of sorts, it tapped into multiple obsessions at once—the return of "Game of Thrones" to HBO, spring’s new extreme hair lengths and, most notably, fashion’s current platinum mania. Our own love of ice-blonde hair—which transforms any look from everyday to extraordinary—has been well documented of late, but last night’s Game of Thrones premiere sent our platinum fever into overdrive. In celebration of fashion’s favorite hair color, a look at the best platinum moments in history.
While you were sleeping, fast retail chain H&M H&M announced that its next designer collaboration is with Alexander Wang.
Formal, beachy, country club-chic or gorgeously rustic whatever the setting calls for, we've found a bevy of beautiful dresses to wear to a wedding this season.
Puffy, tired, weary no more. These tips take years off and create that "I slept great, thanks!" effect.
Top dermatologists, cosmetic chemists, makeup artists, and hairstylists reveal quick tips and tricks that can peel back years in a matter of seconds
We're all for sartorial freedom, but there are certain once-on-trend items that, when worn today, appear anything but current. Consider this your official out list.
If you're a practitioner of reselling your clothes—a good way to clear out some space in your wardrobe and make a few extra bucks—you might already be familiar with San Francisco-based thredUP.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but emoji must be worth at least a million. Here we show you how to channel your favorites: Go ahead, express yourself!
11 earth-friendly beauty products we love.