28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
Well who wants to play football or even watch it in a dress? Personally I like to be comfy and don't feel the need to impress anyone. I want to enjoy my family and ALL the great food. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS.
i didn't kow any holiday was sexy.
is this an intern covering for the regular guy?
beauty tips and style advice
Celebrity beauty looks made headlines this year. Super short cuts topped the news, but that wasn’t the only trend creating a buzz. Punk looks turned haute, peroxide blonde became the color of the moment, and braids reached an unprecedented level of artistry. Here, we look back at the most memorable hits and misses. For more year-end roundups, check out the Best and Worst Red Carpet Looks of 2013.
From the good, the bad, to the just plain bizarre, we’ve rounded up the top 13 hits and misses to grace the red carpet this year. For more year-end roundups, check out the Best Hairstyles of 2013.
=Hairdresser Rossano Ferretti can expect plenty of business following my news that the Duchess of Cambridge booked in to his luxury hair spa for a marathon six-hour session recently.
Selena Gomez with short hair? Behold the evidence at the KISS FM Jingle Ball last night.
Having a sister means stealing each other’s clothes and fighting over the bathroom mirror. It also means enjoying two wardrobes and sharing new beauty-product tips and tricks. Here, our five favorite sets of celebrity sisters and the beauty lessons we’ve learned from them.
Most regrettable trends come with warning signs: Do your teeth set off metal detectors? Are your lashes prone to tangling? Are your shoes ugly and uncomfortable? Here is this year’s crop of bad fads.
Restoring botched brows can be a major pain in the...arch.
In order to cope with the intense feelings of jealousy I experienced when seeing Jennifer Garner’s flawless hairstyle last week, I decided to contact the stylist responsible for the look, Kylee Heath, and find out what exactly she did to produce these glorious results.
Apparently, every celebrity in the world decided to dye her hair over the last few days—or at least Duchess Catherine, Sienna Miller, and Pamela Anderson did.
It was the chicest family night out ever in London yesterday, as Victoria Beckham hit the red carpet, along with her ADORABLE sons, Brooklyn, little fashionisto Romeo, and Cruz, to support the premiere of the soccer football documentary Class of ’92, featuring superstar dad David. And she looked perfect as always—in Victoria Beckham, of course.
There will always be a special place in our hearts for Pez—the completely absurd and impractical oblong candy that children are somehow meant to be patient enough to dispense, one by one, from a creaky plastic spring-loaded drawer contraption—and a newly minted shoe designer Camilla Elphick, a Cordwainers College graduate, has tapped into our oral fixation.
When it comes to her latest hair change, it's pretty clear that Sienna Miller was thinking pink!