28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
Well who wants to play football or even watch it in a dress? Personally I like to be comfy and don't feel the need to impress anyone. I want to enjoy my family and ALL the great food. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS.
i didn't kow any holiday was sexy.
is this an intern covering for the regular guy?
beauty tips and style advice
What to wear and what to avoid the next time you attend a wedding.
Want the most gorgeous hair of your life for your wedding day? Of course you do. Hairstylist Jen Atkin shares the top mistakes brides make that are getting in the way of that picture-perfect bridal hairstyle
So there are fashion mishaps. And then, there is the catastrophe known as....camel toe.
The top tips I've picked up thanks to my obsession with blowouts, highlights, and my favorite hairstylist.
Something happens to your head when you have a kid — not to mention your body completely changes, and you can barely recognize yourself through bleary eyes, a fog of tiredness, and matted hair from sleepless nights. Sounds sexy, right? But, when that glimmering light at the end of the tunnel is in the near distance and the kid actually starts to act like a human and sleep normal hours, just like magic, you start to look like your old self again.
Ever slip into the latest summer fashion trend and then realize it’s not exactly traditionally attractive? So what? Today we’re speaking out on behalf of our favorite awkward fashion trends, whether they’re bulky, strangely proportioned, or just at the opposite end of sexy. If there’s still something magnetic about its pull on you, we say go for it. It’s all in the name of fashion.
One shopper's tweet of the emaciated-looking figure forced the store to take action.
Once the summer heat kicks in, it's all we can do not to slip into the breeziest beach dresses and flip-flops for the morning commute. So trust us when we say we understand that the humidity can have a powerful effect on your wardrobe — still, there are some things you just can't wear to your place of employment, no matter how hot it gets.
Wrinkle no blouse, tangle no jewelry, leave no beauty product behind, and still have room to spare.
Hue-changing dos we absolutely love.
Why your jean size varies from store to store.
Wait a month between waxing visits? Check. Pop a preappointment Advil? Duh. We all know the basics, but here are the tricks you don’t know.