28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
Well who wants to play football or even watch it in a dress? Personally I like to be comfy and don't feel the need to impress anyone. I want to enjoy my family and ALL the great food. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS.
i didn't kow any holiday was sexy.
is this an intern covering for the regular guy?
beauty tips and style advice
Finding stylish and comfortable shoes for your trip abroad is easier said than done. Check out these 5 shoes that will save your feet during your next trip.
Stylish dresses made unforgettable by the famous.
Don't pack in your warm-weather favorites just yet!
This week’s surprise announcement about Kate Middleton’s pregnancy has already sparked speculation on what the Duchess will be wearing with her soon-to-be spare heir. What’s more, the spring 2015 collections in New York are providing Middleton with plenty of maternity-friendly ideas for day and night. Here, we pinpoint six looks that should carry the Duchess through her third trimester.
Style inspiration doesn’t just come from the runway. Every Fashion Week, we look far beyond the shows themselves—from the designers and the traveling troupes of editors to the models, photographers, and showgoers, all sorts of style tribes are out hitting the pavement. To refresh our fall closet, we look to eight chic cliques, from the front-row power couples to street-style bloggers. Even better? Getting the look of your favorite tribe has never been easier—everything we’ve pulled is $100 or less.
Autumn is upon us, and we’ve got sweaters, coats and booties on our minds! Below are the first things we’ll be buying (or have already bought!) to kick off next season.
As autumn approaches and the opportunity for days spent lying by the beach begins to wind down, there comes a time to trade the sand-strewn sandals of summer in for the bright, shiny new footwear of fall. And what’s the best way to kick off your closet in preparation for a brisk temperature drop? The boot. From animal print to glittery, hiking to fringed, our fall boots include everything you need to start the season off on the right foot.
No matter what the era, denim is always a staple. From blue to black, acid-washed, studded, and shredded, there’s a denim to fit any mood (or body type). For this fall (and back-to-school month), we’ve rounded up our favorite picks of this all-American classic: Whether we are inspired by a nineties Kate Moss, Rihanna’s affinity for fringe, or model off-duty looks, our elevated denim guide is guaranteed to refresh your wardrobe just in time for the new season.
Beachy waves, soft strands—you can have the dream locks you've always wanted.
You already know wearing white after Labor Day is cool. But menswear is reinventing itself rapidly, leaving some long-held mandates by the wayside, not to mention a bunch of men with a lot of questions. Sure, some style laws are truly inviolable. Showing a quarter-inch of cuff will always be crucial, but with designers and dandies flaunting so many former taboos it's hard to tell what's in play these days. So we thought we'd take this opportunity to let you know which rules no longer apply.
With every changing season, our shopping lists seem to grow and grow and grow . . . and yet our bank accounts somehow stay exactly the same! But don’t fret, you can capture all the best fall trends straight from the runway without breaking the bank. Whether you’re yearning for cozy knits, statement necklaces, or bold graphic pieces, our Fall Fashion Guide gives you the best looks—all for less than $100.
Allow us to be frank: Fashion Week is a bit of a misnomer. What with the global sprawl of shows—from New York to London to Milan to Paris—it really should be Fashion Month. (Or Fashion Forever.) Either way, what better way to kick off the marathon of shows, after-parties, flights, and appointments than with our comprehensive A-to-Z guide to all things Fashion Week? Here, find out what to do, eat, see, wear, and keep your eye on this season.