28 reasons Thanksgiving is the least sexy holiday
Thanksgiving has many wonderful things about it — most of them edible — but it does not include a boost to your sex life.
By Gena Kaufman
While I love, love, love Thanksgiving and the week of delicious leftovers after it, it has to be said: Thanksgiving is not sexy. In fact, it might be the least sexy holiday ever.
It's got none of the romance of Valentine's Day, it lacks the sex appeal of Halloween costumes, and it's much too cold for outdoor barbecues or pool parties.
More from Glamour: 10 turn-ons that aren't about looks
Here are just a few things that may contribute to a very unsexy celebration of thanks, whether you're spending it alone or with your guy:
1. Overcrowded airline travel.
2. Screaming babies on overcrowded airline travel.
3. Screaming babies at your grandma’s house.
4. The hangover you’re nursing after Thanksgiving Eve, the all-important night of judging your old high school friends at the local bar.
5. Being stuck in traffic.
6. The huge fight you get in while stuck in traffic.
7. Your mother.
8. His mother.
9. Your drunken aunt who can’t stop asking when you two are getting married already.
10. His drunken uncle with a wandering eye and penchant for dirty jokes.
11. Voluntarily sticking your hand into a turkey’s cavity.
12. Accidentally sticking your hand on a hot pan.
13. Or jamming a knife in your finger while slicing sweet potatoes.
14. Political, religious or assorted family drama at the dinner table.
15. Your sister's three loud kids who spill everything, everywhere. Loudly.
16. Turkey coma.
17. Tofurkey coma, if you’re vegetarian.
18. Pumpkin pie moustache (OK, that's not a real thing but it could be).
19. The way you both unbutton your jeans to make room for seconds.
20. Painful indigestion for the rest of the night.
21. Washing 4,000 dirty dishes and grimy pots.
22. The hideous sweater he wore because his mom bought it for him.
23. The matching footie pajamas your mom bought for the whole family to sleep in.
24. Separate rooms when you’re under your parents' roof.
25. The fear of overhearing your parents having sex.
26. The possibility of running into your high school boyfriend while sporting sweats, gravy stains and a greasy ponytail on Black Friday.
27. The possibility that your mom will find out that you made out with said high school boyfriend on Thanksgiving Eve.
28. Leftover turkey coma, Day Two.
See? It's just not a holiday that's conducive to sex or romance. And do not suggest spicing it up with some sort of tacky Pilgrim and Native American reenactment.
More from Glamour: 30 sex tips every woman should consider
But, sexy or not, I'm more than thankful for an excuse to spend time with my loved ones. And by loved ones, I mean my friends, my family and my mashed potatoes.
What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? What other unsexy aspects of this delicious holiday did I forget?
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
Well who wants to play football or even watch it in a dress? Personally I like to be comfy and don't feel the need to impress anyone. I want to enjoy my family and ALL the great food. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS.
i didn't kow any holiday was sexy.
is this an intern covering for the regular guy?
beauty tips and style advice
You already know wearing white after Labor Day is cool. But menswear is reinventing itself rapidly, leaving some long-held mandates by the wayside, not to mention a bunch of men with a lot of questions. Sure, some style laws are truly inviolable. Showing a quarter-inch of cuff will always be crucial, but with designers and dandies flaunting so many former taboos it's hard to tell what's in play these days. So we thought we'd take this opportunity to let you know which rules no longer apply.
Put down the wrinkled button-down, step away from the Crocs, and open your closet. We need to talk about the new rules of casual.
Buying a brush is like getting a new smartphone: once you learn how to use it, it’s indispensable.
Surfers are the epitome of cool, laid-back American style. And if we can’t be them, at least we can copy their hair.
It’s time for bridal beauty to loosen up. Hair doesn’t have to be tightly wound, makeup perfectly contoured, and nails French manicured (on this last point, really, please don’t). You can, in fact, look gorgeously and timelessly cool at your wedding. Here’s how.
Thirty-year-old Lisa Conn was shamed for her American Apparel swim suit.
This Instagram should be an ad campaign on billboards everywhere immediately.
The famous Parisian shoe designer has unveiled a luxurious new nail polish, his first foray into the world of beauty, and there are no prizes for guessing what color it comes in.
Average shoe size is up about two sizes since the '70s, study says.
They can't escape wedding season, so they might as well look their best.
Front-row style star Miroslava Duma just clears 5′, Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon one-ups her—literally—at 5′ 1″, and fashion crush Rachel Bilson barely tops them both at a whopping 5′ 2″. But aside from standing at the diminutive end of the height spectrum, these three ladies have something else in common: the ability to nail every summer fashion trend. If you’re part of the petite girls’ club, take a look at these 12 fashion essentials—from closet staples to chic accessories—to keep you at the top of your style game this summer.
Quick, easy, everywhere-appropriate: There's no summer piece quite as versatile--or flattering.