Rachel Zoe’s three tips for holiday shopping
Zoe's gave InStyle her tips for foolproof gift giving.
By Jennifer Davis, InStyle magazine
The gift-giving season is upon us, and finding that perfect present can be tough. “It’s pretty stressful!” empathizes Rachel Zoe.
RELATED: Rachel Zoe’s Gifts For Son Skyler
“I have made the mistake of going on a free-for-all, and it’s hideous because I end up buying all the wrong things for the wrong people!” Zoe told InStyle.com at New York’ Piperlime store, where was styling holiday looks. But all hope is not lost! Zoe gave InStyle.com her three tips for full-proof gift giving.
1. “Make a list of who you are buying for and write ideas of what you might get this person so that you’re focused,” she advises. “It’s like going to the supermarket—know what you’re going for.”
2. For the people who seem to have it all, go for gifts for the home. “I don’t think you can go wrong with trinkets and candles. Things like that are always a sure thing.”
RELATED: Why Rachel Zoe Got Bangs
3. And if you’re struggling to find that perfect present that will impress your in-laws her advice is simple:“Picture frames, especially with pictures of grandchildren,” Zoe says. “In-laws love picture frames!”
Plus, check out our Holiday Gift Guide for more inspiration!
• More Tips from Rachel Zoe
• Runway Looks We Love: Rachel Zoe
• Zoe’s NBC Sitcom About Her Life
A great website for online holiday shopping is The Online Shopping Mall (http://jimdavisenterprises.blogspot.com). It has many leading online retailers and highlights lots of holiday deals and specials, that help you save money. Check it out.
Who says in laws love picture frames??? Mine dont care for them and my parents dont need anymore of them. Not a lot of thought put into that gift.
People who have everything dont need extra little trinkets; thats only going to be tossed out or sold at a garage sale.
Why are people always asumming everyone wants a needs a gift on christmas, there are other reasons for enjoying the holiday like friends, and family and cooking and baking together. Jesus and Family....thats Christmas.
beauty tips and style advice
As I continue my personal campaign to swap out E!'s mani cam with a back-of-updo cam (and as a service to all the hardworking hairstylists who spent so much time creating beautiful hair looks for the 2014 Oscars), I'd like to point out that we miss a lot of gorgeous detail when we don't get the back view of a star's hair.
The bold new trend on the Oscars red carpet.
Trying new hairstyles is fun (have you picked up Allure Hair: The Ultimate How-To Hair Guide yet?).
When someone says “Julia Roberts,” you think teeth. You think hair. But while you may not immediately think fashion, she has had a pretty consistent—and consistently pretty—style since her Mystic Pizza days: clean, classic, menswear-inspired looks that let her natural beauty—and rightly famous smile—take center stage. Here’s how she has elevated that look over the years.
Lupita Nyong’o shows off the power of the pixie on the Oscars red carpet.
Walk a mile in a pair of SJP’s stilettos? Well yes, we’d love to; thank you for asking.