Rachel Zoe’s three tips for holiday shopping
Zoe's gave InStyle her tips for foolproof gift giving.
By Jennifer Davis, InStyle magazine
The gift-giving season is upon us, and finding that perfect present can be tough. “It’s pretty stressful!” empathizes Rachel Zoe.
RELATED: Rachel Zoe’s Gifts For Son Skyler
“I have made the mistake of going on a free-for-all, and it’s hideous because I end up buying all the wrong things for the wrong people!” Zoe told InStyle.com at New York’ Piperlime store, where was styling holiday looks. But all hope is not lost! Zoe gave InStyle.com her three tips for full-proof gift giving.
1. “Make a list of who you are buying for and write ideas of what you might get this person so that you’re focused,” she advises. “It’s like going to the supermarket—know what you’re going for.”
2. For the people who seem to have it all, go for gifts for the home. “I don’t think you can go wrong with trinkets and candles. Things like that are always a sure thing.”
RELATED: Why Rachel Zoe Got Bangs
3. And if you’re struggling to find that perfect present that will impress your in-laws her advice is simple:“Picture frames, especially with pictures of grandchildren,” Zoe says. “In-laws love picture frames!”
Plus, check out our Holiday Gift Guide for more inspiration!
• More Tips from Rachel Zoe
• Runway Looks We Love: Rachel Zoe
• Zoe’s NBC Sitcom About Her Life
A great website for online holiday shopping is The Online Shopping Mall (http://jimdavisenterprises.blogspot.com). It has many leading online retailers and highlights lots of holiday deals and specials, that help you save money. Check it out.
Who says in laws love picture frames??? Mine dont care for them and my parents dont need anymore of them. Not a lot of thought put into that gift.
People who have everything dont need extra little trinkets; thats only going to be tossed out or sold at a garage sale.
Why are people always asumming everyone wants a needs a gift on christmas, there are other reasons for enjoying the holiday like friends, and family and cooking and baking together. Jesus and Family....thats Christmas.
beauty tips and style advice
Ugly, dangerous, or disrespectful, these things have no place at the gym.
These stars prove that the traditionally feminine fabric can be edgy, too.
Skip the blow-dryer and keep your style effortless. Here, the secrets for gorgeous air-dried hair—straight, wavy or curly—from the man behind Gisele’s coveted waves, Harry Josh, John Frieda international creative consultant.
Ask pretty much any celebrity hairstylist, and they’ll tell you the long bob (a.k.a. the lob) is the chicest haircut of 2014. In addition to throwing around the word “cool” at least twice, they’ll also say it’s because the lob is versatile, easy to style, and timeless. Check out our seven favorite ways to wear it.
Controversial.... Or empowering?
These jeans aren't just distressed; they're destroyed — and all the cooler for it. They're also the perfect way to make a basic T-shirt feel totally wild.