Kanye West's Givenchy skirt at the 12-12-12 concert
Here's what 8 people had to say about it.
by Tracey Lomrantz Lester
YOU GUYS: Kanye West wore a Givenchy skirt last night at the 12-12-12 concert to benefit Sandy Relief. Doesn't sound like such a huge deal, right? Wrong! Here's what eight bloggers, reporters, and VIP Tweeters are saying about it.
@KanyesSkirt already has 1,200 followers on Twitter (really!?), and here's what everyone else is saying:
- Cam'ron posted (then later deleted) on Instagram about the look, saying, "Pyrex and a skirt? Sh*t ain't adding up."
More from Glamour: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
- Fox News zeroed in on a tweet that said, "Kanye must have swapped suitcases with Kim Kardashian."
- Refinery29 points out that the skirt has made plenty of prior stage appearances on the Watch the Throne tour, and it's kinda exempt from criticism because, "It's fashion, and the skirt is kind of Yeezy's thing...and it is Riccardo Tisci, anyways."
- @JaredLeto managed to poke fun at himself in his critique of the look:
More from Glamour: The Best Coat for Your Body
- The Huffington Post says West is "clearly in touch with his feminine side." Ba dum bum.
- According to StyleCaster, "the star of the night was arguably Kanye West and his pleated leather Givenchy skirt."
- The Today Show seconds that with this headline: "Kanye West's leather skirt steals the show at Sandy benefit."
- As for the only opinion that really matters, @KimKardashian, she approved:
What do you gals think of all of this chatter about the skirt? I'm feeling kinda "really!?" about the whole thing...it's just a dude in a skirt! Haven't any of those concert watchers ever seen Marc Jacobs!? Discuss!
Courtesy of Glamour
More from Glamour:
60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
10 Turn-Ons That Aren't About Looks
Cute Boots for Every Budget
beauty tips and style advice
These travel-sized beauty products will do double-duty while you're on the road.
And before you ask, sorry, the $325 dress is SOLD OUT on Matches.com and DVF.com—you snooze, you loose.
Click through the slideshow to shop some of our spring favorites.
French braid? Been there. Fishtail? Done that. The newest styles are all about unexpected texture, major volume, and one man's wild imagination.
Long hair, don’t care? Think again…
She dishes on the routine that keeps her looking polished, even when she's pulling up to the <i>Mad Men</i> set at 5 a.m. Plus, the fragrance that helps Christina get her Joan on.
For inspiration, we've rounded up gorgeous (and easy to replicate) wedding makeup looks from the red carpet.
With a few insider tricks, you can enjoy short hair 365 days of the year and have a gorgeous style on your wedding day. Wedding hairstyles for short hair do exist.
I’m beyond excited to finally ditch my winter coat and heavy layers, but I’m not so eager to ditch my tights. Let’s just say my legs are not as smooth and bronzed as they were the last time I showed them off many, many months ago.
Prince William thought Kate Middleton looked like a banana in this dress (plus one more royal tour outfit)
After a jam-packed week in New Zealand, Kate Middleton and Prince William finally enjoyed a day off, but as of last night (or this morning..? Ah, time change!) they're back on the road again.
Neatly sidestepping high fashion, the smiling, cheerful Kate Middleton is fast becoming the Duchess of Normcore.
This December, New Yorkers might notice something missing in the Christmas air.