Kanye West's Givenchy skirt at the 12-12-12 concert
Here's what 8 people had to say about it.
by Tracey Lomrantz Lester
YOU GUYS: Kanye West wore a Givenchy skirt last night at the 12-12-12 concert to benefit Sandy Relief. Doesn't sound like such a huge deal, right? Wrong! Here's what eight bloggers, reporters, and VIP Tweeters are saying about it.
@KanyesSkirt already has 1,200 followers on Twitter (really!?), and here's what everyone else is saying:
- Cam'ron posted (then later deleted) on Instagram about the look, saying, "Pyrex and a skirt? Sh*t ain't adding up."
More from Glamour: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
- Fox News zeroed in on a tweet that said, "Kanye must have swapped suitcases with Kim Kardashian."
- Refinery29 points out that the skirt has made plenty of prior stage appearances on the Watch the Throne tour, and it's kinda exempt from criticism because, "It's fashion, and the skirt is kind of Yeezy's thing...and it is Riccardo Tisci, anyways."
- @JaredLeto managed to poke fun at himself in his critique of the look:
More from Glamour: The Best Coat for Your Body
- The Huffington Post says West is "clearly in touch with his feminine side." Ba dum bum.
- According to StyleCaster, "the star of the night was arguably Kanye West and his pleated leather Givenchy skirt."
- The Today Show seconds that with this headline: "Kanye West's leather skirt steals the show at Sandy benefit."
- As for the only opinion that really matters, @KimKardashian, she approved:
What do you gals think of all of this chatter about the skirt? I'm feeling kinda "really!?" about the whole thing...it's just a dude in a skirt! Haven't any of those concert watchers ever seen Marc Jacobs!? Discuss!
Courtesy of Glamour
More from Glamour:
60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
10 Turn-Ons That Aren't About Looks
Cute Boots for Every Budget
beauty tips and style advice
Every year, we look to the biggest names in bridal beauty and fashion design to pinpoint the hottest bridal hair and makeup ideas – keeping in mind of course that this is a wedding (no crazy neon mascara here). This year, bridal beauty has gone extra natural and romantic -- think messy braids, wispy hair, natural eye makeup and more.
You’ve got the dress. You’ve got the venue, date, and invitations. The last thing you need to complete your wedding day? An amazing pair of shoes to wear as you walk down the aisle!
With the dress as the main focus, you want the hair to be understated. An updo does just that. But there's a difference between understated and boring. Adding simple accessories, like a pin or flower, is just enough decoration to the hair. Let these gorgeous pins serve as inspiration for finding a simple, yet understated, wedding hairstyle.
Just when we were getting used to seeing beards everywhere, it may be time for men who enjoy the attention of the opposite sex to invest in some shaving paraphernalia. In a new University of New South Wales study, researchers found that “when people are confronted by a succession of bearded men, clean-shaven men become [...]
If your arm aches just thinking about blow-drying, take heart: These easy hair-saving tips will cut down on your mirror time and deliver salon-level results.
From designer maxi dresses by Roberto Cavalli and Temperley London to contemporary finds by Alice + Olivia and Zimmermann, there's a dress for every kind of seaside bride.
Mom jeans are back this spring.
We combed our favorite online shopping haunts to find 20 stunning options for the unconventional bride who'd rather splurge on the perfect flowers and a signature cocktail than her aisle-bound gown. These gowns and frocks from Rae Francis, Black Halo Eve and Jill By Jill Stewart plus one epic jumpsuit by Rachel Zoe are the perfect antidote to the strapless fishtail option most brides seem to favor right now. You're certainly not basic, so why would your dress be?
We've rounded up 10 red carpet inspirations for long hair wedding hairstyles that don't scream "bridal," but are perfect for a walk down the aisle.
We're not in the habit of feeling sorry for supermodels. We reserve our sympathy for a less fortunate set, namely, everyone else on planet Earth.
How to love everything in your closet
Every season, wedding dress designers unveil their latest collections, and without fail, there are a handful of designs that give us pause. We're talking about beautifully designed dresses -- not meant for the fainthearted. For the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 collections, these are the ones.