Kanye West's Givenchy skirt at the 12-12-12 concert
Here's what 8 people had to say about it.
by Tracey Lomrantz Lester
YOU GUYS: Kanye West wore a Givenchy skirt last night at the 12-12-12 concert to benefit Sandy Relief. Doesn't sound like such a huge deal, right? Wrong! Here's what eight bloggers, reporters, and VIP Tweeters are saying about it.
@KanyesSkirt already has 1,200 followers on Twitter (really!?), and here's what everyone else is saying:
- Cam'ron posted (then later deleted) on Instagram about the look, saying, "Pyrex and a skirt? Sh*t ain't adding up."
More from Glamour: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
- Fox News zeroed in on a tweet that said, "Kanye must have swapped suitcases with Kim Kardashian."
- Refinery29 points out that the skirt has made plenty of prior stage appearances on the Watch the Throne tour, and it's kinda exempt from criticism because, "It's fashion, and the skirt is kind of Yeezy's thing...and it is Riccardo Tisci, anyways."
- @JaredLeto managed to poke fun at himself in his critique of the look:
More from Glamour: The Best Coat for Your Body
- The Huffington Post says West is "clearly in touch with his feminine side." Ba dum bum.
- According to StyleCaster, "the star of the night was arguably Kanye West and his pleated leather Givenchy skirt."
- The Today Show seconds that with this headline: "Kanye West's leather skirt steals the show at Sandy benefit."
- As for the only opinion that really matters, @KimKardashian, she approved:
What do you gals think of all of this chatter about the skirt? I'm feeling kinda "really!?" about the whole thing...it's just a dude in a skirt! Haven't any of those concert watchers ever seen Marc Jacobs!? Discuss!
Courtesy of Glamour
More from Glamour:
60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
10 Turn-Ons That Aren't About Looks
Cute Boots for Every Budget
beauty tips and style advice
That elusive, perfect-every-day haircut can be yours. Don't be skeptical, now; these sweet, shorter styles are as easy to pull off as they are flattering. So chop chop!
The wedding dresses on the spring 2015 runways were beautiful, breezy, and fresh—just like a breath of warm spring air. No matter where or when you’ll say your vows (or how big or small your budget is), your dream wedding dress is just a few clicks away.
The results were crazy awesome.
There are no bad bodies, just bad jeans! Consider your denim problem areas solved (thanks to our 50-pair editor try-on).
Mascara wands are getting fatter, but that may not help your lashes. There's a better way to gain weight.
Three summers ago, I bought a pair of soft, white-calfskin Chanel loafers. I spent months trying to keep them pristine, but it wasn’t long before a July thunderstorm left them and me soaked. I began steeling myself for what I thought was inevitable: a solemn drop in the trash. But once the loafers dried, I found the shoes’ stained stitching—now storm-cloud gray—was lovely and a few new wrinkles in the leather were charming, like smile lines for shoes. I started to wear them freely—taking on puddles and tossing them onto the sand at the beach—and before long, they transformed. The roughened toe-tops reminded me of a welcoming, worn armchair, and a wet-and-hot summer had molded the material perfectly to my feet.
When the clock’s ticking, digging though every compact in your bathroom is an exercise in frustration. What you need is one simple bag with a selection of products that help you pull yourself together as quickly as possible, at home or on the road. In it:
You know the freshly scrubbed, athletic look that defines American beauty? Turns out it’s been centuries in the making.
According to Hollywood's top hairstylists, celebrity clients get sticky fingers when it comes to these no-fail products.
The American company that helped to popularize the shapewear trend has moved into the world of denim with a new jeans collection.
What to wear and what to avoid the next time you attend a wedding.
Want the most gorgeous hair of your life for your wedding day? Of course you do. Hairstylist Jen Atkin shares the top mistakes brides make that are getting in the way of that picture-perfect bridal hairstyle