Kanye West's Givenchy skirt at the 12-12-12 concert
Here's what 8 people had to say about it.
by Tracey Lomrantz Lester
YOU GUYS: Kanye West wore a Givenchy skirt last night at the 12-12-12 concert to benefit Sandy Relief. Doesn't sound like such a huge deal, right? Wrong! Here's what eight bloggers, reporters, and VIP Tweeters are saying about it.
@KanyesSkirt already has 1,200 followers on Twitter (really!?), and here's what everyone else is saying:
- Cam'ron posted (then later deleted) on Instagram about the look, saying, "Pyrex and a skirt? Sh*t ain't adding up."
More from Glamour: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
- Fox News zeroed in on a tweet that said, "Kanye must have swapped suitcases with Kim Kardashian."
- Refinery29 points out that the skirt has made plenty of prior stage appearances on the Watch the Throne tour, and it's kinda exempt from criticism because, "It's fashion, and the skirt is kind of Yeezy's thing...and it is Riccardo Tisci, anyways."
- @JaredLeto managed to poke fun at himself in his critique of the look:
More from Glamour: The Best Coat for Your Body
- The Huffington Post says West is "clearly in touch with his feminine side." Ba dum bum.
- According to StyleCaster, "the star of the night was arguably Kanye West and his pleated leather Givenchy skirt."
- The Today Show seconds that with this headline: "Kanye West's leather skirt steals the show at Sandy benefit."
- As for the only opinion that really matters, @KimKardashian, she approved:
What do you gals think of all of this chatter about the skirt? I'm feeling kinda "really!?" about the whole thing...it's just a dude in a skirt! Haven't any of those concert watchers ever seen Marc Jacobs!? Discuss!
Courtesy of Glamour
More from Glamour:
60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
10 Turn-Ons That Aren't About Looks
Cute Boots for Every Budget
beauty tips and style advice
If you’re one of the lucky ones heading out of town for spring break, anticipating warm weather and sun-filled days (seriously, will it ever get above 50 degrees here in NYC?), make sure you pack all the essentials. I picked the best spring break must-haves so you can focus on the important things in life— like figuring out which boardwalk bar serves the best margaritas.
Men, get it together! First, facial hair transplants; now, monocles?!?!
As Fashion Month winds to a close and we bid adieu to awards season, the time has come to embrace yet another several month-long string of entertainment and celebrity-studded events: festival season. Ahead of Coachella’s flower crowns, South by Southwest hit Austin, Texas this weekend for its annual week of music, film and interactive (read: technology) shows, panels and performances.
Famous brides may have access to elite designers that most of us can only dream of, but we can all delight in the statements they make on their big days. In honor of the pending nuptials of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, let's take a look at some recent and past famous gorgeous gowns.
From pretty pastels to bold brights and cool textures, up your #ManicureMonday game with spring's top nail polish trends!
Even if everyone at school will be rocking their most festive shades of emerald on March 17, you don't want to end up looking like a Leprechaun in head-to-toe green.
Neutral tones and beautiful metallics were a huge trend on the Oscars red carpet. And we saw so many dresses that would be exceptionally beautiful walking down the aisle. Here are our favorites!
Sorry, winter, we’re way over you. It’s time to refresh your look for spring with bold lippies, fun nail art and major brows—here's how to rock the hottest new trends, just like these stylish celebs!
Time to say buh-bye to the same old, played-out 'dos. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin tells you how to update these 7 classic hairstyles for spring.
How to dress your baby bump.
Things we learned backstage at the fall 2014 runway shows: Bold brows aren’t going anywhere, bright green can actually look subtle, and glitter is amazing almost anywhere (within reason). Here, our favorite makeup looks of the season so far.
The fall runways showcased a broad range of hairstyles—braids, buns, ponytails, and even wigs. But there were unifying themes, too: A pervasive sense of ease; experimentation with texture; and an apparent belief that anything goes.