7 Easy Ways to Look Great the Morning AfterIn for a wild night? This step-by-step plan will make you look like you had a boring evening of TV, followed by sleep!
1. First, be prepared for the worst. Alcohol dries out everything—your skin, hair, even your brain. To get a hydration boost from inside out, pop a fish oil supplement or B12-complex vitamin while you’re getting ready to go out. You’ll look refreshed and feel less fuzzy the next day.
2. Prevent puffiness. Try sleeping with an extra pillow. “The additional height helps promote lymphatic drainage and prevents fluid from accumulating,” says makeup artist Jemma Kidd. You can also apply a B5 serum to skin before bed—that helps too.
3. In the morning, caffeinate your face. Caffeine combats inflammation
and helps stimulate skin—making it the perfect remedy for the hangover trifecta: blotchiness, eye circles, and dullness. Makeup artist Sir John, who works with models like Karlie Kloss, suggests placing warm green-tea bags over eyes for two minutes. Repeat on the sides of your nose (a surprising inflammation spot).
4. OK, time for makeup. To cover discolorations, start with a corrector. “Green-tinted ones neutralize redness, and yellow ones mask bluish undertones found around the eyes,” says Kidd.
5. Skip foundation. “Nothing gives away your secret like caked-on makeup,” says Kidd. When skin is dehydrated, most foundations won’t absorb as well and powders are more prone to crease. So stick with a light veil of tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead.
6. Brighten your eyes. Use a beige liner along your waterline before adding mascara, says Sir John. “It makes your eyes look wider and more well-rested.”
7. A word on highlighting: It’s your secret weapon! Dab a light-reflecting highlighter on the top of your cheekbones, along the bridge of your nose, and in two dots on the middle of your forehead; blend for luminous skin. Add peachy cream blush and you’re totally brunchable.
If You Have Only 2 Minutes, Glamouflage!
What, you didn’t plan on being hungover? Your cheat sheet:
DON’T go heavy on the eyes. Keep liner minimal—just that beige—to distract from dark circles.
DO bold lipstick. Also distracting. And pick a creamy formula to rehydrate dry lips.
DO a topknot. Turns mangled, slept-on hair chic in under a minute.
hair tips & beauty advice
We’re living in the age of the selfie. This year, the word was officially added to the dictionary (we even got variations, like “belfie”—we’ll let you Google that one); the entire Obama family got in on the act; and a major TV network added a show called Selfie to its fall lineup. Oh, and you didn’t even have to watch this year’s Oscars to know that the biggest winner of all was not a film, but in fact the selfie. So it’s about time you learn how to take a really, really good one.
Women can be sexy and smart and successful-- all at once.
These products are so great they’ve attained cult status among beauty insiders—yet you can find them just about anywhere without blowing your budget.
These stars don't sleep in a hyperbaric chamber (that we know of), yet they seem to look better with each passing year. That's because somewhere along the way, they discovered a few signature makeup tricks that make all the difference. Steal some of their game-changing moves.
In the pursuit of silky, swingy, frizz-free hair, there are a dizzying number of tempting in-salon services to choose from. We grilled chemists and stylists on what works (and what’s safe). Here are the eight things you—and your hair—need to know before you commit.
Some people apply makeup at a vanity that’s crying out to be on Pinterest, and others rummage through a drawer overflowing with their 103 absolute must-have, use-daily products—but everybody can benefit from a few clever storage tricks. These are the smartest ways we’ve ever heard to keep your products and tools organized, accessible, and most of all, beautiful.
Squeeze days out of your style with smart tricks from blowout queen Alli Webb, founder of Drybar.
Our favorite freckle-faced models and actresses.
Most of us have a post-workout beauty routine that’s basically a mad dash from locker to shower to mirror to door—with a quick swipe of lip balm and a one-minute hairstyle in between. To save time and look (and smell) better than ever, stock your gym bag with these key multitaskers and read on for surprising ways to hack them. Guarantee your get-ready sprint will go a bit smoother.
Even if you’re not going back to school this season, that doesn’t mean new style supplies, like a fresh haircut, aren’t in order. So whether you’re looking to chop it all off, add a few pieces, or finally try bangs, here are 30 red-carpet-inspired cuts worth giving a shot.
Not ready to trade in your summer hair color for a fall shade just yet? Don’t worry: These 30 ideas will help you transition seamlessly
Most of us have heard that a dab of clear nail polish can stop a pantyhose run in its tracks, but there are lots of other quick fixes and DIY projects you can do with all those nail polish bottles you never wear anymore. Here are ten of our favorite clever and unexpected uses for nail polish—besides freshening up your fingers and toes: