7 Easy Ways to Look Great the Morning AfterIn for a wild night? This step-by-step plan will make you look like you had a boring evening of TV, followed by sleep!
1. First, be prepared for the worst. Alcohol dries out everything—your skin, hair, even your brain. To get a hydration boost from inside out, pop a fish oil supplement or B12-complex vitamin while you’re getting ready to go out. You’ll look refreshed and feel less fuzzy the next day.
2. Prevent puffiness. Try sleeping with an extra pillow. “The additional height helps promote lymphatic drainage and prevents fluid from accumulating,” says makeup artist Jemma Kidd. You can also apply a B5 serum to skin before bed—that helps too.
3. In the morning, caffeinate your face. Caffeine combats inflammation
and helps stimulate skin—making it the perfect remedy for the hangover trifecta: blotchiness, eye circles, and dullness. Makeup artist Sir John, who works with models like Karlie Kloss, suggests placing warm green-tea bags over eyes for two minutes. Repeat on the sides of your nose (a surprising inflammation spot).
4. OK, time for makeup. To cover discolorations, start with a corrector. “Green-tinted ones neutralize redness, and yellow ones mask bluish undertones found around the eyes,” says Kidd.
5. Skip foundation. “Nothing gives away your secret like caked-on makeup,” says Kidd. When skin is dehydrated, most foundations won’t absorb as well and powders are more prone to crease. So stick with a light veil of tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead.
6. Brighten your eyes. Use a beige liner along your waterline before adding mascara, says Sir John. “It makes your eyes look wider and more well-rested.”
7. A word on highlighting: It’s your secret weapon! Dab a light-reflecting highlighter on the top of your cheekbones, along the bridge of your nose, and in two dots on the middle of your forehead; blend for luminous skin. Add peachy cream blush and you’re totally brunchable.
If You Have Only 2 Minutes, Glamouflage!
What, you didn’t plan on being hungover? Your cheat sheet:
DON’T go heavy on the eyes. Keep liner minimal—just that beige—to distract from dark circles.
DO bold lipstick. Also distracting. And pick a creamy formula to rehydrate dry lips.
DO a topknot. Turns mangled, slept-on hair chic in under a minute.
hair tips & beauty advice
This season, let your nails be as merry—and bright—as your mood.
You can rent a couture dress or a designer bag, but would you rent hair extensions?
To get the scoop on quick office party beauty tricks, we turned to Landy Dean, celebrity makeup artist at Marie Robinson salon. His simple tutorial requires only a handful of products, starting with the darkest, inkiest eyeliner you can find. Dean swears by the Nars Larger Than Life liners smudged over the waterline and lashline, topped off with a few coats of Maybelline The Falsies mascara. Before you dash off to apply product, there’s one small step that involves removing makeup. “If your foundation and concealer have caked or creased, I recommend a quick removal with a cleansing towelette and a redo to avoid heavy looking skin,” he cautions. For those who would prefer to go the easy route, apply a hydrating moisturizer using a stippling motion and a sponge. Finish the look with a dusting of BareMinerals Mineral Veil—“this will even out discolorations and give a reflective finish that still looks natural”—swap your work bag for a chic clutch, and get ready to ring in the season.
Super-fast (and easy) hair, makeup, and nail ideas that’ll make you party-ready in minutes. Sorry, no more last-minute bailing because you’re running late.
From straight and sleek to intricate braids and sky high topknots, some celebs just know how to do party hair
Simple style tricks to help your hair look better in an instant.
7 hairstyles to try this holiday season.
You know that classic nightmare where you walk into school or work completely naked? That’s how I feel when I’m having a bad hair day. Like I don’t want anyone to look at me and it takes everything I have not to immediately turn around and run back home.
Take the health of your hair up a notch with these natural treatments
Everyone always says that blondes have more fun. Well, if they’re online and trying to date, then they do!
Nope, it's not your resume.