7 Easy Ways to Look Great the Morning AfterIn for a wild night? This step-by-step plan will make you look like you had a boring evening of TV, followed by sleep!
1. First, be prepared for the worst. Alcohol dries out everything—your skin, hair, even your brain. To get a hydration boost from inside out, pop a fish oil supplement or B12-complex vitamin while you’re getting ready to go out. You’ll look refreshed and feel less fuzzy the next day.
2. Prevent puffiness. Try sleeping with an extra pillow. “The additional height helps promote lymphatic drainage and prevents fluid from accumulating,” says makeup artist Jemma Kidd. You can also apply a B5 serum to skin before bed—that helps too.
3. In the morning, caffeinate your face. Caffeine combats inflammation
and helps stimulate skin—making it the perfect remedy for the hangover trifecta: blotchiness, eye circles, and dullness. Makeup artist Sir John, who works with models like Karlie Kloss, suggests placing warm green-tea bags over eyes for two minutes. Repeat on the sides of your nose (a surprising inflammation spot).
4. OK, time for makeup. To cover discolorations, start with a corrector. “Green-tinted ones neutralize redness, and yellow ones mask bluish undertones found around the eyes,” says Kidd.
5. Skip foundation. “Nothing gives away your secret like caked-on makeup,” says Kidd. When skin is dehydrated, most foundations won’t absorb as well and powders are more prone to crease. So stick with a light veil of tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead.
6. Brighten your eyes. Use a beige liner along your waterline before adding mascara, says Sir John. “It makes your eyes look wider and more well-rested.”
7. A word on highlighting: It’s your secret weapon! Dab a light-reflecting highlighter on the top of your cheekbones, along the bridge of your nose, and in two dots on the middle of your forehead; blend for luminous skin. Add peachy cream blush and you’re totally brunchable.
If You Have Only 2 Minutes, Glamouflage!
What, you didn’t plan on being hungover? Your cheat sheet:
DON’T go heavy on the eyes. Keep liner minimal—just that beige—to distract from dark circles.
DO bold lipstick. Also distracting. And pick a creamy formula to rehydrate dry lips.
DO a topknot. Turns mangled, slept-on hair chic in under a minute.
hair tips & beauty advice
Beachy waves, soft strands—you can have the dream locks you've always wanted.
Our top picks for brushes, glosses, concealers and beyond.
Dramatize your lashes with these fab buys.
Models may be pros at walking with authority, wearing clothes well, and looking good doing practically anything—but if there is one thing that exceeds their fashion prowess, it’s their command of the world’s best beauty products. Backstage each season and on set throughout the year, they road test a mind-boggling assortment of mascaras, foundations, hairsprays, and more. Between having their hair teased within an inch of its life, their makeup applied and reapplied a dozen times in a day, and their skin pushed to its absolute limits, it’s safe to say they’ve figured out which are the most gentle, effective, and transformative formulas on the market. From the world’s sexiest (and most healing) lip balm to the original French pharmacy face cream, here are ten beauty products you can find in almost every model’s medicine cabinet.
One of the best things about nail art, besides the gazillian likes on your #ManicureMonday post, is experimenting with different looks and designs. With these pro secrets, including celeb nail artist Miss Pop's top tricks, you can create salon-worthy nail art at home!
The newest nail polish colors for fall are so awesome, you'll be wishing #ManicureMonday was every day of the week.
Hey, you want to look more handsome than you already are, don't you? Sure, who doesn't—handsome wins you women, better customer service and because we live in a sick, sad, superficial world, even a higher salary. And thanks to this list, now being handsome is easier than ever. There's expert advice, common sense pointers, and even a couple of tips to help you beat bad, ugly, un-handsome habits. But don't waste your time reading this intro, become more handsome right now.
From cut and color to style, six expert hairstylists give you the scoop on back-to-school's freshest looks.
Skip the blow-dryer and keep your style effortless. Here, the secrets for gorgeous air-dried hair—straight, wavy or curly—from the man behind Gisele’s coveted waves, Harry Josh, John Frieda international creative consultant.
Ask pretty much any celebrity hairstylist, and they’ll tell you the long bob (a.k.a. the lob) is the chicest haircut of 2014. In addition to throwing around the word “cool” at least twice, they’ll also say it’s because the lob is versatile, easy to style, and timeless. Check out our seven favorite ways to wear it.
We’re living in the age of the selfie. This year, the word was officially added to the dictionary (we even got variations, like “belfie”—we’ll let you Google that one); the entire Obama family got in on the act; and a major TV network added a show called Selfie to its fall lineup. Oh, and you didn’t even have to watch this year’s Oscars to know that the biggest winner of all was not a film, but in fact the selfie. So it’s about time you learn how to take a really, really good one.
Women can be sexy and smart and successful-- all at once.