7 Easy Ways to Look Great the Morning After
1. First, be prepared for the worst. Alcohol dries out everything—your skin, hair, even your brain. To get a hydration boost from inside out, pop a fish oil supplement or B12-complex vitamin while you’re getting ready to go out. You’ll look refreshed and feel less fuzzy the next day.
2. Prevent puffiness. Try sleeping with an extra pillow. “The additional height helps promote lymphatic drainage and prevents fluid from accumulating,” says makeup artist Jemma Kidd. You can also apply a B5 serum to skin before bed—that helps too.
3. In the morning, caffeinate your face. Caffeine combats inflammation
and helps stimulate skin—making it the perfect remedy for the hangover trifecta: blotchiness, eye circles, and dullness. Makeup artist Sir John, who works with models like Karlie Kloss, suggests placing warm green-tea bags over eyes for two minutes. Repeat on the sides of your nose (a surprising inflammation spot).
4. OK, time for makeup. To cover discolorations, start with a corrector. “Green-tinted ones neutralize redness, and yellow ones mask bluish undertones found around the eyes,” says Kidd.
5. Skip foundation. “Nothing gives away your secret like caked-on makeup,” says Kidd. When skin is dehydrated, most foundations won’t absorb as well and powders are more prone to crease. So stick with a light veil of tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead.
6. Brighten your eyes. Use a beige liner along your waterline before adding mascara, says Sir John. “It makes your eyes look wider and more well-rested.”
7. A word on highlighting: It’s your secret weapon! Dab a light-reflecting highlighter on the top of your cheekbones, along the bridge of your nose, and in two dots on the middle of your forehead; blend for luminous skin. Add peachy cream blush and you’re totally brunchable.
If You Have Only 2 Minutes, Glamouflage!
What, you didn’t plan on being hungover? Your cheat sheet:
DON’T go heavy on the eyes. Keep liner minimal—just that beige—to distract from dark circles.
DO bold lipstick. Also distracting. And pick a creamy formula to rehydrate dry lips.
DO a topknot. Turns mangled, slept-on hair chic in under a minute.
makeup, skin care & hair: tips & tricks for a more beautiful you
Ready to refresh your hair and makeup for spring? Well, look no further for your latest batch of inspiration. These ladies are bringing the beauty brilliance with megawatt lipstick shades, sleek haircuts, and must-try hair colors. Get ready to play copycat.
Long, layered, medium or wavy – we’re sharing our favorite hairstyles of 2013 with a new ‘do each day. Stuck in a hair rut? Check back daily for snappy new looks that are sure to give your locks some beauty inspiration.
If you have only five makeup tools in your kit, make sure these are them. They do much more than just look cute on your vanity!
Think all it can do is shellac everything down, helmet-head style? So wrong! A can of whatever’s in your cabinet is your secret beauty weapon. Try it like this.
You may not get wrinkles on your hair, but it ages all the same. Grays, dullness, thinning strands, and frizz are all (unfortunately) part of the hair’s aging process, which starts happening in your 30s. The good news is that you don’t need Botox to fix these problems. Here are six tips for hair that’s shiny, bouncy, healthy—and, yes, younger looking.
Get ready for summer with these cute and easy to DIY nail art designs.
Hard work, talent and perseverance are the three keys to professional success—but sometimes a really great haircut helps, too.
There’s no miracle cure for acne, but the products and tips below come pretty darn close.
We all know we need moisturizer. The confusing part? Picking one that works for your skin—and your budget. Well, here’s your cheat sheet: Using the Allure Beauty Product Finder, we found the ten best drugstore moisturizers for every skin type, all for under $20. So whether your skin is dry, acne-prone, or you’ve got dark spots or fine lines, we’ve got you—and your wallet—covered.
Growing pains? Totally unnecessary. Getting—and keeping—long, shiny, sexy hair has never been easier.
You may have spent years studiously ignoring your mother’s advice (and she was right about that guy in high school, admit it), but eventually all that bossing and nagging adds up to something truly useful. Here, Allure staffers share their mothers’ wisest words about beauty.