Go figure: 7 flattering looks for Valentine’s Day
Whether you’re brunching with your mom, your man or your girls, you’ll be oh-so-chic in this laid-back look of menswear-inspired tailoring in feminine hues.
1. Bucle coat, $189, Zara.com 2. Jeweled sweatshirt, $168, JCrew.com 3. Boyfriend jeans, $210, Current/Elliot, NET-A-PORTER.com 4. Sunglasses, $200, Illevesta, NET-A-PORTER.com 5. Charlize oxford, $309, PrettyLoafers.com 6. Clutch, $34, ASOS.com
More from The Nest: Top signs your spouse is lying
By Alexis Jonnson for The Nest
Don’t break a sweat when dressing for a sporty date -- stick to athletic basics with an edge, such as a double-layered top and electric accessories that pop.
1. Yoga legging, $20, Aerie.com; 2. Beanie, $26, ASOS.com; 3. Meryl tee, $140, Drifter, Farfetch.com; 4. Drawstring purse, $140, Baggu, NeedSupply.com; 5. Free To Be bra, $42, Lululemon.com; 6. Flyknit Lunar1+ shoe, $160, Nike, Nordstrom.com
More from The Nest: Top 50 sex questions you were to embarrassed to ask
Go glam-grunge at your next concert and break out of the all-black routine by contrasting a rose-hued biker jacket with a cheeky lace top, paired with tough-chic accessories.
1. Wedge bootie, $345, Jeffrey Campbell, Bloomingdales.com; 2. Leather biker jacket, $370, Topshop.com; 3. Lace bodysuit, $66, HM.com; 4. Faux leather jeans, $84, Moto, Topshop.com; 5. Flat clutch, $165, ClareVivier.com; 6. Ear cuff, $38, BCBG.com
Field of Dreams
Channel your inner bohemian on a picnic with country-inspired pieces balanced with hard-edge, modern jewelry.
1. Track pants, $145, Zoe Karssen, NET-A-PORTER.com; 2. Cardigan, $70, HM.com; 3. Cami, $105, Organic by John Patrick, LaGarconne.com; 4. Wrap bracelet, $220, ChanLuu.com; 5. Sandal, $60, Zara.com
More from The Nest: 6 sexy bedroom decor secrets
Say “ahh” in comfortable, drape-y separates and sandals that are anything but granola for the ultimate in spa-ready style.
Cardigan, $70, HM.com; Track pants, $145, Zoe Karssen, NET-A-PORTER.com; Cami, $105, Organic by John Patrick, LaGarconne.com; Sandal, $60, Zara.com; Wrap bracelet, $220, ChanLuu.com; Evil eye bracelet, $85, Carolina Loyola, ShopLatitude.com; Palazzo pants, $298, Misook, NeimanMarcus.com
Tie One On
Retire your standard-issue black tie gown and go modern with a tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit that’s minimalism at its finest, and is sure to make an unexpected, sparkling entrance.
1. Tuxedo jumpsuit, $570, Maje, NET-A-PORTER.COM; 2. Starburst earring, $120, LuluFrost.com; 3. Lace pump, $135, 3. Ivanka Trump, Nordstrom.com; 4. Studded clutch, $395, Diane von Furstenberg, TheOutnet.com; 5. Nail polish in platinum, $24, Dolce & Gabbana, Sephora.com
Achieve a feminine uptown style with a ballerina pink skirt and cream separates, while glittering gems and a classic pump finish the look.
1. Cropped sweater, $60, Topshop.com; 2. Flare skirt, $435, Valentino R.E.D., StyleBop.com; 3. Crystal earrings, $18, Capwell.co; 4. Mini crossbody bag, $195, DVF.com; 5. Leopard print haircalf pump, $295, Jean-Michel Cazbat, IntermixOnline.com