World’s Top 20 Honeymoon DestinationsWe teamed up with the elite travel advisors at Virtuoso* to find the best resorts, cities, and islands for your big getaway. Time to start packing!
What ranked as the world’s hottest honeymoon destination? (Hint: Think Fellini.)
1. ITALY | Venice, Rome, Florence, Amalfi: When it comes to romance, nothing beats Italy. And yes, the Hotel Cipriani is worth the splurge.
2. FRENCHPOLYNESIA | All those photos you’ve seen of gorgeous thatched huts on stilts over insanely clear turquoise water? They were taken here.
3. MAUI | Sure, it’s touristy, but if you can swing a stay at Wailea’s fabled Four Seasons or its neighbor, the Fairmont, you’ll want to stay forever.
4. ST. LUCIA | Things to love: There’s a hotel for every budget, amazing organic eats (a Caribbean rarity), and the majestic Pitons—nice to look at, tough to climb.
5. TURKS AND CAICOS | Yoga and Pilates buffs go to the Como Shambhala spa on Parrot Cay, divers can’t get enough of Molasses Reef, and the privacy-obsessed hole up at Amanyara.
6. KAUAI | Couples sing hosannas about the St. Regis Princeville, but be sure to leave the resort bubble to see the Na Pali Coast.
7. GREECE | Partiers choose Mykonos (dinner at 10, dancing till five). Low-key romantics choose the whitewashed beauty and jaw-dropping views on Santorini.
8. FIJI | Chances are none of your tech toys will work at the private resorts here—and after a day or two, you’ll be glad.
9. MEXICO | Its hard to beat the cobblestoned charm of colonial San Miguel de Allende, but honeymooners also rave about the ruins and affordable hotels in Tulum.
10. BALI | Even the hordes of Elizabeth Gilbert groupies haven’t spoiled the spiritual magic of this Indonesian isle. Or its beaches.
weddings: creating your perfect day
Maggie Reyes is a life coach, writer, and the founder of ModernMarried.com. She helps newlyweds re-think what married life can be. Here, she’s revealing tricks every newlywed couple needs to know.
Government-supported Vietnamese classes teach women Korean language, customs.
Sometimes two characters on a TV show or movie can portray being a happy couple effortlessly, or can have lots of fun playing former spouses — especially if they're married to each other in real life! Keep scrolling for six celebrity costars you probably didn't know tied the knot, even after the bloodiest and craziest story lines.
Some couples want nothing more than a laid-back, by-the-book proposal. Then there are the other couples, where the proposal not only needs to be personalized, it also has to be unique and entirely different than the typical restaurant, bended-knee idea. Sound like you? Then get inspired by some of the most creative proposal ideas we’ve ever seen. If you find something you like, steal it and then modify it to make your proposal something totally unforgettable.
From Nantucket all the way to Cayo Espanto, we've rounded up some of the prettiest beaches to travel to for your honeymoon.
Want to keep your wedding budget in check? Start by checking out this list of the 10 things that could end up costing you a lot more than you anticipated.
The proposal-filled site How He Asked has shared its top 10 most emotional proposal photos with us, so have your tissues handy. We're suckers for a good proposal story, and these ones are truly tear-worthy. Check them out now, and watch your heart grow (at least) three sizes!
How to do weddings: Yet another foreign (and expensive) aspect of adulthood that you have to learn the hard way. But have no fear! Click through for some must-have wedding tips.
Don’t panic: It's not necessarily a bad thing to have pre-wedding jitters.
As part of the 2014 Brides Best Honeymoon awards, we’re counting down the best places for newlyweds to stay in the Mainland U.S. From luxe resorts in the Napa Valley to hotel oases in the Sedona Desert, you’re guaranteed a memorable stay no matter which resort you choose.
These are the conversations all betrothed coupled should take the time to have before they get hitched.
Etta James is No. 1 on Spotify ranking.