World’s Top 20 Honeymoon DestinationsWe teamed up with the elite travel advisors at Virtuoso* to find the best resorts, cities, and islands for your big getaway. Time to start packing!
What ranked as the world’s hottest honeymoon destination? (Hint: Think Fellini.)
1. ITALY | Venice, Rome, Florence, Amalfi: When it comes to romance, nothing beats Italy. And yes, the Hotel Cipriani is worth the splurge.
2. FRENCHPOLYNESIA | All those photos you’ve seen of gorgeous thatched huts on stilts over insanely clear turquoise water? They were taken here.
3. MAUI | Sure, it’s touristy, but if you can swing a stay at Wailea’s fabled Four Seasons or its neighbor, the Fairmont, you’ll want to stay forever.
4. ST. LUCIA | Things to love: There’s a hotel for every budget, amazing organic eats (a Caribbean rarity), and the majestic Pitons—nice to look at, tough to climb.
5. TURKS AND CAICOS | Yoga and Pilates buffs go to the Como Shambhala spa on Parrot Cay, divers can’t get enough of Molasses Reef, and the privacy-obsessed hole up at Amanyara.
6. KAUAI | Couples sing hosannas about the St. Regis Princeville, but be sure to leave the resort bubble to see the Na Pali Coast.
7. GREECE | Partiers choose Mykonos (dinner at 10, dancing till five). Low-key romantics choose the whitewashed beauty and jaw-dropping views on Santorini.
8. FIJI | Chances are none of your tech toys will work at the private resorts here—and after a day or two, you’ll be glad.
9. MEXICO | Its hard to beat the cobblestoned charm of colonial San Miguel de Allende, but honeymooners also rave about the ruins and affordable hotels in Tulum.
10. BALI | Even the hordes of Elizabeth Gilbert groupies haven’t spoiled the spiritual magic of this Indonesian isle. Or its beaches.
weddings: creating your perfect day
The typical wedding: A white dress, tiered cake, floral centerpieces and a cute flower girl -- you know the drill. Every once in a while, though, a couple trades in tradition for a quirky, never-seen-that-before idea. Here are a few of the most out-there wedding photos that made us do a double take.
There's a lot to love about weddings this fall, like cocktails served in copper Moscow mule mugs, industrial-inspired lighting and pheasant feather details. See what's new!
Even though the national average wedding is $29,858, that’s just an average. If you live in a smaller state like Idaho where the average wedding costs $16,159, you may find yourself saving a little more than half of the national spend! Check out some of the other least expensive cities to get married in below:
The heightened emotions surrounding a wedding can turn even the most well-meaning bestie into an unintentionally overbearing stressor. Here’s how to spot potential “friendzillas” and how to deal with them before they threaten to take over your big day.
Feel like your wedding planner is speaking in a foreign tongue when he or she talks about prepping for your big day? Believe us brides, you’re not the only ones.
What's more fun than animals in weddings? We've rounded up eight of the cutest.
Your puppy is all over your Instagram, Facebook and fridge, so there's no reason not to include him in your engagement pictures too. The best engagement photos give viewers a peek into your life. If you’re a dog owner, take this opportunity to show off your pooch, like these 22 couples did! And we can't thank them enough.
While we do love crazy, funny and over-the-top engagements, sometimes there's just nothing like a proposal with a heartfelt story behind it (warning: you might need some tissues). We've rounded up some of the most romantic wedding proposals from couples across the country, so keep scrolling for seven of our favorites:
As much as you’d like to think your guests will love every single aspect of your wedding, the truth is you really can’t please everyone. However, you can try to avoid ticking them off. Here’s how.
It’s not surprising that most brides experience “heightened sensitivity levels” on their wedding day.
It would be amazing if the first step in planning a wedding was actually cake-tasting or searching for your dream gown, but before the real fun can begin, step one is determining exactly what you have to spend on the big day and how it should be divvied up.
Follow these steps to slash your wedding budget—not your fun—in half.