World’s Top 20 Honeymoon DestinationsWe teamed up with the elite travel advisors at Virtuoso* to find the best resorts, cities, and islands for your big getaway. Time to start packing!
What ranked as the world’s hottest honeymoon destination? (Hint: Think Fellini.)
1. ITALY | Venice, Rome, Florence, Amalfi: When it comes to romance, nothing beats Italy. And yes, the Hotel Cipriani is worth the splurge.
2. FRENCHPOLYNESIA | All those photos you’ve seen of gorgeous thatched huts on stilts over insanely clear turquoise water? They were taken here.
3. MAUI | Sure, it’s touristy, but if you can swing a stay at Wailea’s fabled Four Seasons or its neighbor, the Fairmont, you’ll want to stay forever.
4. ST. LUCIA | Things to love: There’s a hotel for every budget, amazing organic eats (a Caribbean rarity), and the majestic Pitons—nice to look at, tough to climb.
5. TURKS AND CAICOS | Yoga and Pilates buffs go to the Como Shambhala spa on Parrot Cay, divers can’t get enough of Molasses Reef, and the privacy-obsessed hole up at Amanyara.
6. KAUAI | Couples sing hosannas about the St. Regis Princeville, but be sure to leave the resort bubble to see the Na Pali Coast.
7. GREECE | Partiers choose Mykonos (dinner at 10, dancing till five). Low-key romantics choose the whitewashed beauty and jaw-dropping views on Santorini.
8. FIJI | Chances are none of your tech toys will work at the private resorts here—and after a day or two, you’ll be glad.
9. MEXICO | Its hard to beat the cobblestoned charm of colonial San Miguel de Allende, but honeymooners also rave about the ruins and affordable hotels in Tulum.
10. BALI | Even the hordes of Elizabeth Gilbert groupies haven’t spoiled the spiritual magic of this Indonesian isle. Or its beaches.
weddings: creating your perfect day
When you’re busy planning a life with someone else, it’s easy to forget about something: yourself! But before you get married, there are a few single-girl to-dos you must accomplish. We’ve rounded up five things — some practical, some fun — that every bride-to-be should do before she walks down the aisle.
Two guests arrested in New Jersey.
A wedding guest’s only job is to show up at the ceremony and reception on time, smile and wish the happy couple well. You don’t have to do anything else unless you’ve been specifically asked to participate in another way. However, there are a number of things you should never do at a wedding.
Celebrities certainly know how to travel in style, so if you’re struggling to select a honeymoon destination, look no further than these star-approved hotspots. To make it even easier, we’re providing you with hotel recommendations, packing essentials, and tips on what to do and see! So channel your inner celeb at one of these U.S. destinations for an unforgettable vacation!
After your return from your honeymoon, your marriage officially starts and with that come some changes. It’s not to say that the honeymoon phase is over, but you’ll have to get some things situated in order to have your marriage start off on the right foot. We tapped the expert advice of wedding planner and reality TV star David Tutera and love and career coach Charreah Jackson to dish on six things you must do to have a successful first month of marriage — from wedding-related logistics to wrap up to relationship rules to set.
Owner of Weddings in Vieques, a destination-wedding planning company off the coast of Puerto Rico, Sandy Malone has helped countless couples plan their big day since 2007. Here, the veteran planner is sharing some expert advice for free: She’s sharing the top eight things you have to do right after you get engaged.
Is the idea of a big bridal bash just not your thing? Or perhaps you and your fiancé are just the super spontaneous type, so why not make your next beach vacation your nuptials as well? If you’re thinking of eloping but have questions on the mind, we’re here to help. We tapped elopement and wedding planner Lindsey Nickel, founder of Events, Etc., for her top dos and don’ts for getting hitched on the sly.
These are the conversations all betrothed couples should take the time to have before they get hitched.
Maggie Reyes is a life coach, writer, and the founder of ModernMarried.com. She helps newlyweds re-think what married life can be. Here, she’s revealing tricks every newlywed couple needs to know.
Government-supported Vietnamese classes teach women Korean language, customs.
Sometimes two characters on a TV show or movie can portray being a happy couple effortlessly, or can have lots of fun playing former spouses — especially if they're married to each other in real life! Keep scrolling for six celebrity costars you probably didn't know tied the knot, even after the bloodiest and craziest story lines.
Some couples want nothing more than a laid-back, by-the-book proposal. Then there are the other couples, where the proposal not only needs to be personalized, it also has to be unique and entirely different than the typical restaurant, bended-knee idea. Sound like you? Then get inspired by some of the most creative proposal ideas we’ve ever seen. If you find something you like, steal it and then modify it to make your proposal something totally unforgettable.