11 Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time of the Year for Love
Maybe men prefer summer because of all the girls in sundresses, but to me, autumn is the best time of year to fall in love.
With the official start of fall just a few days away and the crispness that's been in the air for weeks now, I'm so ready for fall. It's my favorite time of year for many reasons (I seriously can never eat enough pumpkin-flavored things to satisfy my cravings), one of which is my nonscientific theory that it's the best time of year for a little romance!
Here are just a few of the reasons I think fall is the new season of love:
- It's warm enough to be outside together but cool enough to snuggle up and borrow his jacket at night.
- More excuses to buy new fall fashions (you need them for dates, obvs).
- Just in time for Halloween, couples costumes are twice the fun.
- Fall has the cutest activities for couples to partake in: apple picking, pumpkin patches, hay rides. To be fair, these activities are still fun and adorable for us single folks as well.
- Everyone is out soaking up the last days before we all go into winter hibernation mode, so it's impossible not to meet new people.
- The holidays are just around the corner, so if you meet someone now, you can save yourself the inevitable "Why are you still single" interrogation from Aunt Susie.
- Beverage choices: Even on the worst date ever, a pumpkin beer or a hot spiked cider makes everything just a little better.
- Men in scarves. OK, maybe not everyone loves this as much as me (perhaps guys in wool caps are your thing?), but my disdain for men in shorts and flip flops is equal to my love for men who can pull off a pea coat and a casually draped scarf. So sexy.
- Even though you might not have gone back to school in the fall for years, don’t you always just get the feeling that something new and exciting will happen in fall? I swear this positive attitude alone will attract people to you.
- Tons of men, rounded up into one place every weekend. On any given Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night for the next few months, just wander into any bar with a TV and you're basically guaranteed to find a group of guys in jerseys eating wings and watching football. Wear your team's colors to strike up a conversation with fellow fans or spark a friendly bet amongst rivals.
- Haunted houses and scary movies provide the perfect excuse to get very, very close. (Just because it's a total cliché does not make it less perfect.)
Do you love fall as much as I do? Please, add to the list all the things that make it the best time of year for romance! Do you have any exciting plans for the season?
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
It’s not that you don’t find every little thing about your partner endearing and adorable; it’s just that it would have been really, really nice if that map could have been consulted three hours ago.
The typical wedding: A white dress, tiered cake, floral centerpieces and a cute flower girl -- you know the drill. Every once in a while, though, a couple trades in tradition for a quirky, never-seen-that-before idea. Here are a few of the most out-there wedding photos that made us do a double take.
There's a lot to love about weddings this fall, like cocktails served in copper Moscow mule mugs, industrial-inspired lighting and pheasant feather details. See what's new!
Do you have to be engaged to sport a ring with bling?
124.6 million haven't gotten hitched.
Even though the national average wedding is $29,858, that’s just an average. If you live in a smaller state like Idaho where the average wedding costs $16,159, you may find yourself saving a little more than half of the national spend! Check out some of the other least expensive cities to get married in below:
Summer is winding down, but the ubiquitous summer romance lives on.
For those times when nothing big and horrible happened--but nothing is feeling right either.
He’s confident, distinguished and anywhere from 4 to 20 years older than you. Age is just a number, but there’s something about older men that we love. Here are eight reasons why being in a relationship with an older man is tops.
While a younger man may have less life experience, that doesn’t mean he’s not emotionally mature. Here are the eight reasons why being in a relationship with a younger man is tops.
Have you ever wondered what the 'other woman' was thinking?
So fall is coming and you need some romantic inspiration now that long walks on the beach are out of the question. Well look no further! From apple picking to pumpkin carving, these are some great fall date ideas from girls just like you!