11 Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time of the Year for Love
Maybe men prefer summer because of all the girls in sundresses, but to me, autumn is the best time of year to fall in love.
With the official start of fall just a few days away and the crispness that's been in the air for weeks now, I'm so ready for fall. It's my favorite time of year for many reasons (I seriously can never eat enough pumpkin-flavored things to satisfy my cravings), one of which is my nonscientific theory that it's the best time of year for a little romance!
Here are just a few of the reasons I think fall is the new season of love:
- It's warm enough to be outside together but cool enough to snuggle up and borrow his jacket at night.
- More excuses to buy new fall fashions (you need them for dates, obvs).
- Just in time for Halloween, couples costumes are twice the fun.
- Fall has the cutest activities for couples to partake in: apple picking, pumpkin patches, hay rides. To be fair, these activities are still fun and adorable for us single folks as well.
- Everyone is out soaking up the last days before we all go into winter hibernation mode, so it's impossible not to meet new people.
- The holidays are just around the corner, so if you meet someone now, you can save yourself the inevitable "Why are you still single" interrogation from Aunt Susie.
- Beverage choices: Even on the worst date ever, a pumpkin beer or a hot spiked cider makes everything just a little better.
- Men in scarves. OK, maybe not everyone loves this as much as me (perhaps guys in wool caps are your thing?), but my disdain for men in shorts and flip flops is equal to my love for men who can pull off a pea coat and a casually draped scarf. So sexy.
- Even though you might not have gone back to school in the fall for years, don’t you always just get the feeling that something new and exciting will happen in fall? I swear this positive attitude alone will attract people to you.
- Tons of men, rounded up into one place every weekend. On any given Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night for the next few months, just wander into any bar with a TV and you're basically guaranteed to find a group of guys in jerseys eating wings and watching football. Wear your team's colors to strike up a conversation with fellow fans or spark a friendly bet amongst rivals.
- Haunted houses and scary movies provide the perfect excuse to get very, very close. (Just because it's a total cliché does not make it less perfect.)
Do you love fall as much as I do? Please, add to the list all the things that make it the best time of year for romance! Do you have any exciting plans for the season?
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
This just in: Guys over 5'10" are twice as likely to stray.
Or how to tell if you've reached THAT point in your bond.
Dating doesn’t have to be a daunting task, promise. Here’s how to make it fun for you and him.
This just in: A new study shows girls are warriors in the womb.
You can make a pros and cons list...but ultimately you know what works best for you.
Maggie Reyes is a life coach, writer, and the founder of ModernMarried.com. She helps newlyweds re-think what married life can be. Here, she’s revealing tricks every newlywed couple needs to know.
Government-supported Vietnamese classes teach women Korean language, customs.
Whether you're into creative artists or uber-preppy bankers, there's something to be said for trying something new.
Sometimes two characters on a TV show or movie can portray being a happy couple effortlessly, or can have lots of fun playing former spouses — especially if they're married to each other in real life! Keep scrolling for six celebrity costars you probably didn't know tied the knot, even after the bloodiest and craziest story lines.
Some couples want nothing more than a laid-back, by-the-book proposal. Then there are the other couples, where the proposal not only needs to be personalized, it also has to be unique and entirely different than the typical restaurant, bended-knee idea. Sound like you? Then get inspired by some of the most creative proposal ideas we’ve ever seen. If you find something you like, steal it and then modify it to make your proposal something totally unforgettable.
From Nantucket all the way to Cayo Espanto, we've rounded up some of the prettiest beaches to travel to for your honeymoon.
Researchers studied the age-old stereotype that women really are more talkative than men.