11 Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time of the Year for Love
Maybe men prefer summer because of all the girls in sundresses, but to me, autumn is the best time of year to fall in love.
With the official start of fall just a few days away and the crispness that's been in the air for weeks now, I'm so ready for fall. It's my favorite time of year for many reasons (I seriously can never eat enough pumpkin-flavored things to satisfy my cravings), one of which is my nonscientific theory that it's the best time of year for a little romance!
Here are just a few of the reasons I think fall is the new season of love:
- It's warm enough to be outside together but cool enough to snuggle up and borrow his jacket at night.
- More excuses to buy new fall fashions (you need them for dates, obvs).
- Just in time for Halloween, couples costumes are twice the fun.
- Fall has the cutest activities for couples to partake in: apple picking, pumpkin patches, hay rides. To be fair, these activities are still fun and adorable for us single folks as well.
- Everyone is out soaking up the last days before we all go into winter hibernation mode, so it's impossible not to meet new people.
- The holidays are just around the corner, so if you meet someone now, you can save yourself the inevitable "Why are you still single" interrogation from Aunt Susie.
- Beverage choices: Even on the worst date ever, a pumpkin beer or a hot spiked cider makes everything just a little better.
- Men in scarves. OK, maybe not everyone loves this as much as me (perhaps guys in wool caps are your thing?), but my disdain for men in shorts and flip flops is equal to my love for men who can pull off a pea coat and a casually draped scarf. So sexy.
- Even though you might not have gone back to school in the fall for years, don’t you always just get the feeling that something new and exciting will happen in fall? I swear this positive attitude alone will attract people to you.
- Tons of men, rounded up into one place every weekend. On any given Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night for the next few months, just wander into any bar with a TV and you're basically guaranteed to find a group of guys in jerseys eating wings and watching football. Wear your team's colors to strike up a conversation with fellow fans or spark a friendly bet amongst rivals.
- Haunted houses and scary movies provide the perfect excuse to get very, very close. (Just because it's a total cliché does not make it less perfect.)
Do you love fall as much as I do? Please, add to the list all the things that make it the best time of year for romance! Do you have any exciting plans for the season?
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally took the plunge, but marriage isn't always a good choice for everyone.
Learn how these surprising tactics can really improve your relationship.
Use these tips to up your chances of finding love.
Find out how paired-off ladies might feel lacking—and how you can make your relationship satisfying.
These signals are seriously subtle, but they can give you real insight into what's going through your husband's mind.
Check which changes are necessary to stay happy together.
We know some of this may sound obvious, but these simple statements can make both of you happier.
Making your relationship more secure, connected, and intimate doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. Try these expert tips and reap the rewards now—and in the long run.
For those times when nothing big and horrible happened--but nothing is feeling right either.
What's more fun than animals in weddings? We've rounded up eight of the cutest.
Your puppy is all over your Instagram, Facebook and fridge, so there's no reason not to include him in your engagement pictures too. The best engagement photos give viewers a peek into your life. If you’re a dog owner, take this opportunity to show off your pooch, like these 22 couples did! And we can't thank them enough.
Our married blogger gets real about checking out other guys when you're taken.