11 Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time of the Year for Love
Maybe men prefer summer because of all the girls in sundresses, but to me, autumn is the best time of year to fall in love.
With the official start of fall just a few days away and the crispness that's been in the air for weeks now, I'm so ready for fall. It's my favorite time of year for many reasons (I seriously can never eat enough pumpkin-flavored things to satisfy my cravings), one of which is my nonscientific theory that it's the best time of year for a little romance!
Here are just a few of the reasons I think fall is the new season of love:
- It's warm enough to be outside together but cool enough to snuggle up and borrow his jacket at night.
- More excuses to buy new fall fashions (you need them for dates, obvs).
- Just in time for Halloween, couples costumes are twice the fun.
- Fall has the cutest activities for couples to partake in: apple picking, pumpkin patches, hay rides. To be fair, these activities are still fun and adorable for us single folks as well.
- Everyone is out soaking up the last days before we all go into winter hibernation mode, so it's impossible not to meet new people.
- The holidays are just around the corner, so if you meet someone now, you can save yourself the inevitable "Why are you still single" interrogation from Aunt Susie.
- Beverage choices: Even on the worst date ever, a pumpkin beer or a hot spiked cider makes everything just a little better.
- Men in scarves. OK, maybe not everyone loves this as much as me (perhaps guys in wool caps are your thing?), but my disdain for men in shorts and flip flops is equal to my love for men who can pull off a pea coat and a casually draped scarf. So sexy.
- Even though you might not have gone back to school in the fall for years, don’t you always just get the feeling that something new and exciting will happen in fall? I swear this positive attitude alone will attract people to you.
- Tons of men, rounded up into one place every weekend. On any given Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night for the next few months, just wander into any bar with a TV and you're basically guaranteed to find a group of guys in jerseys eating wings and watching football. Wear your team's colors to strike up a conversation with fellow fans or spark a friendly bet amongst rivals.
- Haunted houses and scary movies provide the perfect excuse to get very, very close. (Just because it's a total cliché does not make it less perfect.)
Do you love fall as much as I do? Please, add to the list all the things that make it the best time of year for romance! Do you have any exciting plans for the season?
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
Revealr is a new iPhone app that allows those looking for love to hear their possible matches before they see them.
A new poll reveals 59 percent of the country supports same-sex marriage.
Celebrity engagements are so much fun to follow because every detail is bound to be over-the-top — from the proposal (like when Kanye rented out an entire stadium to propose to Kim) to the huge, sparkly engagement ring and, of course, the wedding. Plus, as trendsetters, celebs can be a source of inspiration even if you can't afford a million dollar ring. Here are our celebrity wedding predictions for 2014.
If you’ve ever been to a club—like, ever, even once—you are not going to be shocked to hear that women get a lot of unwanted, aggressive attention. But when you read the findings of this study on how often and why it happens, it might make you feel downright sick to your stomach.
Hopeless romantics and cringe-worthy chick flicks would tell you that it doesn’t matter what you do on the date, as long as you’re together. But they’re wrong. Dead wrong. Women use your date ideas to size you up, says matchmaker Rachel DeAlto, author of "Flirt Fearlessly." “You absolutely will be judged based on the date you plan. There are so many subconscious impressions that we take in while dating.” Gulp. Here are 10 terrible ideas that can land you on the no-lay list—and simple swaps to keep her happy. By K. Aleisha Fetters
No matter your current relationship status or past relationship fails, get a fresh start this month, with these tips for spring cleaning your love life.
Forget the rules you've always heard—it's time to start making your own.
Are you in an affair without knowing it? Unless you’re a swinger, having sex with someone else counts as cheating. But then there’s the fuzzy area between friendship and infidelity—and chances are, your girlfriend sees those shades of gray as more black and white than you do. “Men aren’t as attuned to identifying ambiguous behaviors as cheating as women are,” says Daniel Kruger, Ph.D., a University of Michigan psychologist, who’s studied gender differences in definitions of infidelity. In other words, what you consider totally innocent could be her deal breaker.
We spoke with relationship therapist Rachel A. Sussman, author of "The Breakup Bible," for her tips on how regular girls can survive a split like an A-lister.
A researcher from Texas Tech University has found that people who use the same kind of "function words" are more likely to get together.
Check out these five celebrity stunners.
And by weird, we really mean friggin' awesome.