11 Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time of the Year for Love
Maybe men prefer summer because of all the girls in sundresses, but to me, autumn is the best time of year to fall in love.
With the official start of fall just a few days away and the crispness that's been in the air for weeks now, I'm so ready for fall. It's my favorite time of year for many reasons (I seriously can never eat enough pumpkin-flavored things to satisfy my cravings), one of which is my nonscientific theory that it's the best time of year for a little romance!
Here are just a few of the reasons I think fall is the new season of love:
- It's warm enough to be outside together but cool enough to snuggle up and borrow his jacket at night.
- More excuses to buy new fall fashions (you need them for dates, obvs).
- Just in time for Halloween, couples costumes are twice the fun.
- Fall has the cutest activities for couples to partake in: apple picking, pumpkin patches, hay rides. To be fair, these activities are still fun and adorable for us single folks as well.
- Everyone is out soaking up the last days before we all go into winter hibernation mode, so it's impossible not to meet new people.
- The holidays are just around the corner, so if you meet someone now, you can save yourself the inevitable "Why are you still single" interrogation from Aunt Susie.
- Beverage choices: Even on the worst date ever, a pumpkin beer or a hot spiked cider makes everything just a little better.
- Men in scarves. OK, maybe not everyone loves this as much as me (perhaps guys in wool caps are your thing?), but my disdain for men in shorts and flip flops is equal to my love for men who can pull off a pea coat and a casually draped scarf. So sexy.
- Even though you might not have gone back to school in the fall for years, don’t you always just get the feeling that something new and exciting will happen in fall? I swear this positive attitude alone will attract people to you.
- Tons of men, rounded up into one place every weekend. On any given Saturday, Sunday or even Monday night for the next few months, just wander into any bar with a TV and you're basically guaranteed to find a group of guys in jerseys eating wings and watching football. Wear your team's colors to strike up a conversation with fellow fans or spark a friendly bet amongst rivals.
- Haunted houses and scary movies provide the perfect excuse to get very, very close. (Just because it's a total cliché does not make it less perfect.)
Do you love fall as much as I do? Please, add to the list all the things that make it the best time of year for romance! Do you have any exciting plans for the season?
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
It's wedding season! Let's take a look back at when these stunning celebs put on gorgeous gowns and held beautiful bouquets in support of their friends' and family members' big days.
A new study says we're more open to consensual non-monogamy now than ever before — but does it work?
5 steps to being happy together in the long run.
There has been an exponential increase in the number of people who are questioning their marriage.
We're willing to bet that if you're not already grappling with these wedding-related snags, you will be soon.
Pull out the tissues for these personalized wedding vows.
Forgotten what love is all about? Read this note, and remember.
And a few that aren't so shocking.
If you find yourself doing any of these things, consider changing your behavior or counseling.
From pineapple sculptures made out of sunflowers to bold graphic printed tablecloths, ten trendsetters in the wedding industry shared 100 days’ worth of inspiring new wedding details. See The Knot editors’ top picks for the coolest and most awe-worthy ideas from the wedding experts.
Those Facebook friends who seem to have perfect lives with flawless mates whom they adore at all times? Even they face tough times like these.
How to flag her little fibs. By Laura Tedesco