Survey: Meet 'The Perfect Man'
He loves his mom and eats meat.
Well, the guys are going to love this one.
While there may be someone out there who's perfect for you, we all know the perfect person simply doesn’t exist. Still, researchers wanted to know what qualities women want in men, and their results reveal "the perfect man."
According to the poll by Austin Reed, the perfect man earns about $77K a year, drinks beer and drives an Audi.
But wait, men. Before you get bent out of shape, there's even more.
Women also want men to have stylish clothes, a good body and a clean-shaven face. In fact, in the survey of 2,000 women, they list those qualities as a "must." The hipster beards just aren't cutting it anymore.
The perfect guy also can swim, rides a bike, and makes family his top priority.
Yep. Eighty-six percent of women polled say they want a sensitive man who calls his mom regularly and cries during movies.
According to The Huffington Post, a spokesperson for Austin Reed said:
"It would seem that women have high expectations when it comes to the perfect man. How a man is presented is obviously going to be a huge part of that. While women don’t want a man to be too preened, they would like him to be stylish and up to date with current trends."
And we're not even done yet. Women also prefer men to be 6 feet tall with short, dark hair and brown eyes. Can we be any more specific? Yes, we can. He must also be a carnivore.
I, for one, respectfully disagree with these results. Among other "imperfect" traits, my ideal man drives a '97 Nissan and can't swim for crap.
Here's a full list of qualities the perfect man apparently possesses:
- 6 feet tall
- Toned and athletic
- Brown eyes
- Short dark hair
- Smart dress sense
- Beer drinker
- Wears smart jeans, shirt and a V-neck jumper
- Gets ready in 17 minutes
- Wants a family
- Earns £48,000 ($77,000) a year
- Loves shopping
- Eats meat
- Clean shaven
- Smooth chest
- Watches soaps
- Enjoys watching football
- Drives an Audi
- Educated to degree level
- Earns more than his other half
- Jokes around and has a laugh
- Sensitive when his wife/girlfriend is upset
- Says 'I love you' only when he means it
- Admits it when he looks at other women
- Has a driver's license
- Can swim
- Can ride a bike
- Can change a tire
- Calls mom regularly
Tell us on Facebook: What do you want in the perfect man?
Photo: George Shelley/Getty Images
As a man, here's my "perfect" woman, in no particular order.
1. Isn't materialistic.
2. Has strong moral values and lives true to them.
3. Is intelligent and educated.
4. Is genuinely loving, playful, passionate and compassionate.
5. Loves the simple things in life including being out in nature.
6. Doesn't expect the man in her life to make her happy; she finds it within herself.
7. Not crazy/irrational more than 3 days per month.
8. Exercises strenuously and is toned and athletic and eats a healthy diet.
9. Is attractive in a natural way without the use of much makeup, jewelry, overpriced clothes or hair products.
10. Looks her best when she gets out of bed in the morning.
11. Genuinely cares about things outside her own life and remains educated and aware of what's going on in the world.
12. Chooses to either be a stay-at-home mom, professional, or both, but doesn't whine when this decision proves to be difficult. Most men don't even have the luxury of choice.
13. Doesn't whine.
14 Never acts like a child.
15. Doesn't blame men for every single aspect of their life that's not perfect.
16. Never looks for reasons to be upset with men.
17. Is grateful for her life and the people who love her.
18. Truly views marriage as a long-term proposition that WILL be very challenging at times but is committed to staying with it.
19. Doesn't believe that she has super-powers enabling her to change the man she's with and that he will be completely comfortable with it.
20. Is easy-going and values silence over inane yammering.
21. Agrees that while divorce is always an option for both men and women, but cheating is NEVER an option under any circumstances.
22. Doesn't view criticizing the man in her life as sport or even just a way of killing time.
23. Isn't addicted to drama and chaos.
24. Possesses the same degree of dignity, accountability, self-respect and confidence that she expects the man in her life to possess.
25. Has close relationships with female friends lasting longer than one year.
26. Isn't hiding any secrets.
27. Doesn't play head games or use sex, or withholding of sex, as a tool.
28. Does not view anything as an excuse to become overweight.
29. Lives up to her commitments.
30. Thinks beyond herself and immediate family/friends.
i'l bet he gets along with his boyfriend!!
love: friendship, dating, sex & marriage
What's worse than getting snubbed while proposing? Having your heart broken in front of countless strangers.
We asked brides on TheKnot.com to tell all -- and they did. Here, five of the most likely culprits and advice for how to deal with your drama-causing guests along the way.
This short course in flirting will not only teach you how to flirt better but also how to tell when someone is flirting with you—and how to respond. Have fun.
Gatsby glamour doesn’t have to just live on the big screen! Embrace the trendy (yet timeless) art deco style with sequins, pearls, feathers and geometric patterns. Check out these art deco ideas and achieve the feel of 1920s decadence. By the way, all of these are affordable, except for the $600 hairpiece which is a splurge, but a knockout. Shop the look!
Wondering if your summer love will last? Here are 15 signs if your seasonal love is fleeting or for real.
Sixteen years after "Titanic’s" release—and 101 years after the historic ship’s notorious sinking—our hearts still go on for star-crossed lovers Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) and Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio). We rounded up some of our favorite ill-fated, but oh-so-romantic affairs on film, from "Gone with the Wind" to "Moulin Rouge!".
Flirting shouldn't be retired once you've got the ring. We asked relationship expert Harlan Cohen, as well as real husbands, the best way to keep the sparks flying.
When we're annoyed by male behavior, we turn to columnist Aaron Traister. His logic may be strange, but we have to admit, it's pretty helpful. Here, he answers our many questions for guys.
Author Amanda Robb talks to clinical psychologist David Schnarch, Ph.D., author of Passionate Marriage: Keeping Love and Intimacy Alive in Committed Relationships and Intimacy and Desire: Awaken the Passion in Your Relationship, to discover the ways she can relight the fire in her own relationship. What she learned just might help you wake up your own libido.
The average wedding costs $28,000. Think that's pricey? You're in for a surprise. We've rounded up some of the most expensive weddings of all time. See if you can guess how much was dropped on these over-the-top affairs, then click through to Bing to see if you're right.
A guide to staying together forever…straight from divorce lawyers! They know what tears couples apart, and they’ll tell you how to avoid it.
We've come across some odd tales of lost love. Here's our list of the weirdest reasons people have divorced.