Poll: 10 odd stats about kissing
The Eskimo kiss: Make fun of it all you want; chances are, you’ve done it.
Dating site Zoosk recently polled 3,500 singles about their kissing habits and thoughts. The results were filled with a variety of odd but interesting facts. The Heart Beat has rounded up a few of our favorites.
Gallery: Kissing dos & don'ts
- What’s the most memorable kiss of the summer? Forty-one percent of singles say Tony and Pepper's lip lock in "Iron Man 3" was the most unforgettable summer blockbuster smooch.
- The best song for smooching is "Could I Have This Kiss Forever" by Whitney Houston and Enrique Iglesias, according to 21 percent of respondents.
- Seventeen percent of singles chose Seal's "Kiss From a Rose" as the best song for swapping spit.
- Thirty percent of singles say the beach is the best spot for kissing.
- Twenty-three percent say a car is the ideal smooching location.
- Ever dated a bad kisser? 73 percent of singles have.
More from MSN Living: How to kiss like you mean it
- Eyes-closed kissing is preferred by 83 percent of respondents.
- The most memorable kiss in recent political history is President Obama kissing his wife on election night, according to 59 percent of respondents.
- Seventy-one percent of Americans say it is more awkward to see world leaders kissing vs. seeing a politician kiss his or her spouse.
- Seventy-seven percent of singles have engaged in an Eskimo kiss.
More from The Heart Beat:
Couple kissing on International Kiss Day / Westend61/Getty Images
Does anybody know what an Australian kiss is?
just like a French kiss. but from" down under"
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
Revealr is a new iPhone app that allows those looking for love to hear their possible matches before they see them.
A new poll reveals 59 percent of the country supports same-sex marriage.
Celebrity engagements are so much fun to follow because every detail is bound to be over-the-top — from the proposal (like when Kanye rented out an entire stadium to propose to Kim) to the huge, sparkly engagement ring and, of course, the wedding. Plus, as trendsetters, celebs can be a source of inspiration even if you can't afford a million dollar ring. Here are our celebrity wedding predictions for 2014.
If you’ve ever been to a club—like, ever, even once—you are not going to be shocked to hear that women get a lot of unwanted, aggressive attention. But when you read the findings of this study on how often and why it happens, it might make you feel downright sick to your stomach.
Hopeless romantics and cringe-worthy chick flicks would tell you that it doesn’t matter what you do on the date, as long as you’re together. But they’re wrong. Dead wrong. Women use your date ideas to size you up, says matchmaker Rachel DeAlto, author of "Flirt Fearlessly." “You absolutely will be judged based on the date you plan. There are so many subconscious impressions that we take in while dating.” Gulp. Here are 10 terrible ideas that can land you on the no-lay list—and simple swaps to keep her happy. By K. Aleisha Fetters
No matter your current relationship status or past relationship fails, get a fresh start this month, with these tips for spring cleaning your love life.
Forget the rules you've always heard—it's time to start making your own.
Are you in an affair without knowing it? Unless you’re a swinger, having sex with someone else counts as cheating. But then there’s the fuzzy area between friendship and infidelity—and chances are, your girlfriend sees those shades of gray as more black and white than you do. “Men aren’t as attuned to identifying ambiguous behaviors as cheating as women are,” says Daniel Kruger, Ph.D., a University of Michigan psychologist, who’s studied gender differences in definitions of infidelity. In other words, what you consider totally innocent could be her deal breaker.
We spoke with relationship therapist Rachel A. Sussman, author of "The Breakup Bible," for her tips on how regular girls can survive a split like an A-lister.
A researcher from Texas Tech University has found that people who use the same kind of "function words" are more likely to get together.
Check out these five celebrity stunners.
And by weird, we really mean friggin' awesome.