Valentine's Day, First-Date Anniversary, Tuesday — when you're in love, just about any day is a perfect excuse for sparking romance. Any time you feel the need to connect with your sweetheart, these ideas are perfect — no holiday necessary.
1. Stuff a little love note in your sweetie's pocket, sock, or shoe. For maximum impact, try email.
2. Secretly load a photo of the two of you as the desktop wallpaper on your honey's computer.
3. Burn a CD with tunes from your dating days and include your first dance (or favorite) song.
4. Buy a heart-shaped cookie-cutter and use it to make toast the next morning.
5. Look up the date of the next full moon and celebrate with a champagne toast.
6. Learn to ice skate or in-line skate together. This works best when both of you are beginners — the more clinging to each other, the better.
7. Hate basketball and your main squeeze is addicted to it? Get tickets to a game. Despise musicals? Surprise your sweetie with tickets to a show. Go against the grain, and endure with grace and cheer.
8. Spend the day at a museum, holding hands.
9. Forget breakfast in bed. Have dinner in bed (and don't worry about the crumbs).
10. Go to bed early. No books, no magazines, no remote control.
11. Tell a secret — it'll bring you closer.
12. Create your own cocktail together. Then make up a name for it by combining your two names.
13. Write "I Love You" on the steamy mirror while your beloved is in the shower.
14. Go to a bookstore or music store together, then split up. Your mission: Buy something you know your sweetie will love. Then, wrap and exchange.
15. Have a picnic. It doesn't have to be outdoors, it can be on your living room floor.
16. Absence is an aphrodisiac. Spend a weekend without each other (substitute your best pal, your sister, your old college roommate) and plan to meet back at your place after 48 hours apart.
17. Teach each other about something the other knows nothing about. He can teach her all the rules of chess, or how to make a perfect omelet. She can teach him ten phrases in French and how to use the digital camera.
18. Get away from it all close to home — spend a night in a very luxurious hotel or cozy bed-and-breakfast in your own city.
19. Get dressed together — choose each other's attire (for work, for dinner out, whatever). Then, later, get undressed together.
20. Find your sweetie's car in the parking lot and tuck a love note under the windshield wiper.
love: friendship, dating, sex & marriage
Do you have to be engaged to sport a ring with bling?
These common mistakes will always send women running for the hills.
Summer is winding down, but the ubiquitous summer romance lives on.
For those times when nothing big and horrible happened--but nothing is feeling right either.
He’s confident, distinguished and anywhere from 4 to 20 years older than you. Age is just a number, but there’s something about older men that we love. Here are eight reasons why being in a relationship with an older man is tops.
While a younger man may have less life experience, that doesn’t mean he’s not emotionally mature. Here are the eight reasons why being in a relationship with a younger man is tops.
Have you ever wondered what the 'other woman' was thinking?
So fall is coming and you need some romantic inspiration now that long walks on the beach are out of the question. Well look no further! From apple picking to pumpkin carving, these are some great fall date ideas from girls just like you!
Getting bored of the same dinner and movie date night? Take an adorable cue from your favorite celebs and try something new! From dancing to boxing you can't go wrong with these awesome date ideas.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally took the plunge, but marriage isn't always a good choice for everyone.
Learn how these surprising tactics can really improve your relationship.
Use these tips to up your chances of finding love.