Valentine's Day, First-Date Anniversary, Tuesday — when you're in love, just about any day is a perfect excuse for sparking romance. Any time you feel the need to connect with your sweetheart, these ideas are perfect — no holiday necessary.
1. Stuff a little love note in your sweetie's pocket, sock, or shoe. For maximum impact, try email.
2. Secretly load a photo of the two of you as the desktop wallpaper on your honey's computer.
3. Burn a CD with tunes from your dating days and include your first dance (or favorite) song.
4. Buy a heart-shaped cookie-cutter and use it to make toast the next morning.
5. Look up the date of the next full moon and celebrate with a champagne toast.
6. Learn to ice skate or in-line skate together. This works best when both of you are beginners — the more clinging to each other, the better.
7. Hate basketball and your main squeeze is addicted to it? Get tickets to a game. Despise musicals? Surprise your sweetie with tickets to a show. Go against the grain, and endure with grace and cheer.
8. Spend the day at a museum, holding hands.
9. Forget breakfast in bed. Have dinner in bed (and don't worry about the crumbs).
10. Go to bed early. No books, no magazines, no remote control.
11. Tell a secret — it'll bring you closer.
12. Create your own cocktail together. Then make up a name for it by combining your two names.
13. Write "I Love You" on the steamy mirror while your beloved is in the shower.
14. Go to a bookstore or music store together, then split up. Your mission: Buy something you know your sweetie will love. Then, wrap and exchange.
15. Have a picnic. It doesn't have to be outdoors, it can be on your living room floor.
16. Absence is an aphrodisiac. Spend a weekend without each other (substitute your best pal, your sister, your old college roommate) and plan to meet back at your place after 48 hours apart.
17. Teach each other about something the other knows nothing about. He can teach her all the rules of chess, or how to make a perfect omelet. She can teach him ten phrases in French and how to use the digital camera.
18. Get away from it all close to home — spend a night in a very luxurious hotel or cozy bed-and-breakfast in your own city.
19. Get dressed together — choose each other's attire (for work, for dinner out, whatever). Then, later, get undressed together.
20. Find your sweetie's car in the parking lot and tuck a love note under the windshield wiper.
love: friendship, dating, sex & marriage
Or how to tell if you've reached THAT point in your bond.
Dating doesn’t have to be a daunting task, promise. Here’s how to make it fun for you and him.
This just in: A new study shows girls are warriors in the womb.
You can make a pros and cons list...but ultimately you know what works best for you.
Researchers studied the age-old stereotype that women really are more talkative than men.
One minute you're happy and in love, the next he's delivering the "It's not you, it's me" speech. Why? We have the scoop on the real reasons most couples split up.
Brace yourself, this is uncomfortable.
For him they're NBD, so don't stress.
It's not always easy to speak up about the little—or big—things that bother you about your marriage, but some of this stuff may be on his mind.
It's not really about what happens, but how you react to what happens.
These secluded vacation rentals promise plenty of peace and quiet.
We've got your back.