6 Tips for Making the First MoveHere are 6 tips for asking out a match and successfully making the move from online to offline.
Chemistry doesn't happen online. So cut the small talk, emoticons, and get straight to the date. Sometimes (actually a lot of times), that means making the first move. Guys assume (pretty accurately) that girls like to take it slow online. So most guys won't ask you out as soon as the thought crosses their minds. And let's face it, if a guy messages you, he's pretty much game for sleeping with you. So he'd probably be up for a cup of coffee. In other words, you've got nothing to lose by making the first move -- except all those hours you'd otherwise be spending in front of the computer instead of out on fun dates. Here are some date ideas he'll love.
1. Talk for a bit, first. While you don't want to chat for a month before meeting in person, don't make your very first message a date invitation. After all, you don't want to look like you're desperate -- because you're not! Aim for shooting a few messages back and forth before you make your move.
More from Woman's Health: Speaking of messages, remember the rule of three: Make Plans or Move On
2. Calm down. Online, the pressure is off. You can write -- and rewrite -- the message as many times as you want. And you don't have to see the guy's face when he receives your date proposition by email. Remember back in the day when you passed your crush a note that said "Do you want to go out? Circle yes or no?" It's like that, but less traumatizing than when everyone in the class was watching.
3. Keep it casual. All you really have to say is, "Want to get coffee sometime?" Easy peasy. (Tip: refrain from saying "meet up" or "get together," especially if you're leery of booty-call miscommunications.)
More from Women's Health: The Average Woman on Dating: See How You Compare
4. Work it in. To your conversation, that is. Have you been chatting about your mutual love of ice cream? Suggest you go to your favorite ice cream shop. You know he'll like it, after all. Has he asked what you're doing this weekend? Ask him to join you Sunday for brunch. The key is not to come out of left field.
More from Women's Health: Dating Mistakes Women Make
5. Be patient. If you don't get a response right away, give it some time before you send him a (short!) follow-up message. Many people are on online dating sites because they are, in fact, busy. Pestering a stranger online will just scare off just about anyone.
More from Women's Health: 9 Things Guys Will Never Tell You
6. Shake it off. If you don't hear back, oh well. The date probably wouldn't have gone that well, anyway. And you didn't have to invest time figuring that out.
More from Women's Health: Plan ahead: Best and Worst Date Foods
love: friendships, dating, sex & marriage
The typical wedding: A white dress, tiered cake, floral centerpieces and a cute flower girl -- you know the drill. Every once in a while, though, a couple trades in tradition for a quirky, never-seen-that-before idea. Here are a few of the most out-there wedding photos that made us do a double take.
There's a lot to love about weddings this fall, like cocktails served in copper Moscow mule mugs, industrial-inspired lighting and pheasant feather details. See what's new!
Do you have to be engaged to sport a ring with bling?
124.6 million haven't gotten hitched.
Even though the national average wedding is $29,858, that’s just an average. If you live in a smaller state like Idaho where the average wedding costs $16,159, you may find yourself saving a little more than half of the national spend! Check out some of the other least expensive cities to get married in below:
Summer is winding down, but the ubiquitous summer romance lives on.
For those times when nothing big and horrible happened--but nothing is feeling right either.
He’s confident, distinguished and anywhere from 4 to 20 years older than you. Age is just a number, but there’s something about older men that we love. Here are eight reasons why being in a relationship with an older man is tops.
While a younger man may have less life experience, that doesn’t mean he’s not emotionally mature. Here are the eight reasons why being in a relationship with a younger man is tops.
Have you ever wondered what the 'other woman' was thinking?
So fall is coming and you need some romantic inspiration now that long walks on the beach are out of the question. Well look no further! From apple picking to pumpkin carving, these are some great fall date ideas from girls just like you!
Getting bored of the same dinner and movie date night? Take an adorable cue from your favorite celebs and try something new! From dancing to boxing you can't go wrong with these awesome date ideas.