There's a first time for everything15 virgin moments, 15 chances to move into a whole new phase of your life.
2. Your first gray hair. You see Grandpa. She sees a distinguished-looking exception to the horde of brown-haired knuckleheads at the pub. No, you're not going to shag every shaggable woman you see, but you should understand by now that that's a blessing, not a curse.
3. Your first paycheck. It gave you a one-two combination punch from the invisible hand of capitalism, the first being that yes, taxes suck. The second: This is not nearly enough dough. Both fueled your ambition to earn more zeros. And still should.
4. The first time you fight the Man and win. Who knew that Tom over in the passport office had the power to renew yours on the spot? Goliath, when properly motivated, will cradle David in his big paw.
5. Your first wedding as a groomsman. You looked your best, the free booze flowed, and you had that genuine pang of hope that someday you'd find the woman of your dreams--and that she might just be that hot bridesmaid dancing to "Baby Got Back."
6. The first time you dump a girl. It took balls to walk away from free nooky. Maybe you're stronger than you think.
7. The first time you're picked last. First thought: I suck. Second: I'll show them. That mojo can last a lifetime.
8. The first time you encounter mechanical failure in bed. Laugh it off, reboot, and spend the next hour pleasing her. She'll remember it as your best performance ever.
9. Your first medical scare. Next time you're in the drive-thru or at the gym, remember that panic.
10. The first time you talk your way out of a ticket. It teaches you that most cops are just trying to avoid pulling your ass out of yet another bloody wreck, and makes you accelerate more attentively next time. You just don't know what might be around that corner, do you?
11. The first time you stay out all night and see the sunrise. Freedom. Hope. Endless possibilities. Attack every dawn with that mix of surprise, awe, and optimism.
12. The first time your 401(k) number surpasses your annual earnings. It means you'll be buying and not serving the latte at Starbucks in 2048.
13. The first time you walk away from an animal pleasure--the fourth pitcher, the available wench. It's an indication that your cerebral cortex has finally taken over from your lizard brain. Now you can pursue a life, rather than merely live it.
14. The first time you ask your kid for advice. He'll be more likely to take your counsel if he's also sharing, so give him some choice research projects: Find the next car, the right home-theater setup, the smart college.
15. The first time you realize that dropping a compliment can motivate change more effectively than issuing a command. The breadcrumb trail works better than the whiplash.
unleash your life
Add these to your travel bucket list.
Don't Let your friends' Insta pics spark a FOMO frenzy—create your own brag-worthy memories this summer!
Just how big have vacation rentals gotten? HomeAway announced last week that it now has 1 million listings worldwide, more than any other vacation rental site, including Airbnb. Among the million places to stay are some truly odd choices—a caboose, a former one-room school, a “spaceship house”—as well as these eight amazing tree houses, as described by HomeAway.
Don’t worry: You won’t be asked to steer ships away from the rocks at night. These unusual bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals offer prime seaside views and a chance to enjoy the solace of solitude. Turn off your smartphones and enjoy a coastal escape in Maine, Oregon, Washington, or New York.
These are our favorite cities to explore on foot.
Surprisingly simple ways to make the most of the season sans tons of cash.
Four Seasons has just launched its own vacation rental site offering more than 350 “residences” at its properties in Africa, the Americas, and Asia. Each of the residences are on-site at 13 of the brand’s outposts around the world, meaning you get access to Four Seasons resort amenities like a concierge, a pool (or pools), and on-property dining options. Here are seven of the best-looking rentals from the new portfolio—some of which cost more than $15,000 a night.
Plan an affordable getaway by skipping the hotel and finding a house instead.
It's never to early to plan your travel.
Can I use my cell phone on a plane? The short answer: Yes and no. Since October 31, 2013, the use of devices like iPhones and tablets is allowed on flights within the U.S., provided they’re in airplane mode during taxi, takeoff, and landing.
Virgin Atlantic recently announced plans to offer pairs of limited-edition onesie pajamas to its “Upper Class” passengers. Designed by Norwegian company OnePiece, the unisex PJs will debut on select flights mid-June. But that’s not the only over-the-top freebie available to first-class passengers: here are eight first-class airline perks that those of us in coach can only dream about.
Now that it’s finally—finally!—warm enough to be outdoors, we want to spend all of our time hanging out in public parks. And at these green spaces, there’s more to do than simply lay on the grass or go for a bike ride; we’re talking hot-air balloon rides, dancing en masse, and sipping a beer in the sunshine.