Loading...
The Organized Home Real Simple The Organized Home Blog Home

3 Closet Organizing Tricks

Closets can be the bane of your existence. Steal some ideas from those pictured here.

By Real Simple Magazine Mar 6, 2012 3:17PM
Bob Hiemstra



Use Proper Hangers


Proper clothing care calls for appropriate hangers: satin padding for more delicate items and sturdy wood hangers for tailored jackets.






Formula Z/S







Mount a Pegboard

Pegboard mounted inside a closet door creates an inexpensive mini-dressing station.








Frances Janisch






Stack Shoe Boxes

Slim plastic shoe boxes stack compactly, while hanging canvas shelves offer an inexpensive alternative to built-ins











3Comments
Mar 13, 2012 7:28PM
avatar
I like how they always show ZERO clothes.  Let's be realistic with how many items are required for a clothes closet.  And let's talk color, seasonal, and so much more.
Mar 13, 2012 11:01PM
avatar

all well and good but you have not met my wife,  the closet  queen.  proper hangers will not help this situation.

Mar 13, 2012 10:03PM
avatar
I'm with Nohair on this one. The pictures are great examples but in real life ... not so much. I move my short sleeved shirts nearer to the door when the weather warms up for good; wash & hang the long sleeved ones at the far end of the bar until next winter. Pants go on the lower bar because they won't go down as far as the floor so there's room underneath for shoes. That's the extent of my organizing. I have about 20% of the Master Closet, my lovely bride has the other 80% and the other 2 closets in the other bedrooms. Can anyone say, "Yard sale?"
Report
Please help us to maintain a healthy and vibrant community by reporting any illegal or inappropriate behavior. If you believe a message violates theCode of Conductplease use this form to notify the moderators. They will investigate your report and take appropriate action. If necessary, they report all illegal activity to the proper authorities.
Categories
100 character limit
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
 
 
close
There is an error. Please try again later.
 
 
 
 
 
Updating social activity…
placeholder
 
Read it here,
post it on Facebook!
 
See what your friends are reading on MSN.
 
Share what you've read.
 
Turn sharing on or off anytime you want.
More about MSN Social Activity
 
 
 
 
close
social activityread it here, post it on Facebook!
 
See what your friends are reading on MSN.
 
Share what you've read.
 
Turn sharing on or off anytime you want.
To get started, click Login.
See MSN Help for details
 
 
social activity
Do you want to share what you’re reading? What's this?
There is a server problem. Please try again later.
 
Updating social activity…
 
Facebook Friends on MSN
 
Invite friends to share what they read on MSN
 
 
Friends' Activity
 
 
Most Shared
 
more on décor
Loading...
décor videos
editor's picks
Loading...