It’s that time! Aug. 6: Back-to-school Twitter party
Join MSN Living, Redbook, Good Housekeeping and House Beautiful to talk back-to-school tips and tricks to make life easier for parents.
Tweet, Tweet! It’s that time of year again! With the kids headed back to school, it’s the perfect time to throw a Twitter party!
Be sure to join MSN Living, as well as Redbook (@redbookmag), Good Housekeeping (@goodhousemag) and House Beautiful (@housebeautiful) on Tuesday, Aug. 6, for our Back-to-School Twitter chat! As we get ready to send the kids back to school, our editors are set to dish back-to-school tips and tricks to make life a bit easier for parents.
What: MSN Living’s ‘Back-to-School’ Twitter chat
When: Tuesday, August 6
Time: 12-1 p.m. PT
Where: On Twitter! Search for the hashtag #MSNB2S
Why: It’s fun, free and a great way to interact and share helpful information with like-minded people!
Help spread the word and tweet: Mark your calendars! MSN Living’s ‘Back-to-School’ Twitter chat on Tues. 8/6, 12-1 PM PT. To participate, tweet w/ #MSNB2S
How does a Twitter party work?
- The hosts asks one question every six minutes over the course of the hour-long event. Questions will be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. Participants respond with answers, questions, tips, etc. Answers should start with A1, A2, A3, etc. to correspond with the question. (Trust us, it can get really confusing, really quick if we don’t do it this way.)
- We’ll help keep the conversation moving, but it’s up to you, our brilliant friends to share advice and information on each question. Each Tweet should include #MSNB2S, so it’s easy for followers to track.
- Twitter can be accessed directly through Twitter.com or through a wide variety of social media dashboards like TweetDeck, Hootsuite and others.
- Within your chosen service, search for or create a column for #MSNB2S. This will filter out all the tweets that do not contain #MSNB2S and are not part of the chat.
- Let the fun begin! Wait for the questions and provide your answers. Don’t forget to add #MSNB2S to every tweet to be included in the chat.
So sit back, grab a cup of coffee and join us on August 6! If you have any questions about attending a Twitter party, do not hesitate to ask, we’re here to help! If there’s a topic you’d like for us to chat about at an upcoming Twitter party, let us know. Style, beauty, family, pets, décor, technology, dating/relationships? You tell us. We’re listening.
Tell us: What was YOUR favorite teacher’s name?
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Make sure your go-to gadgets are as cute as your style, with these trendy tech finds!
Oh, how the times have changed...
Get ready to hit the mall! Check out the hottest back-to-school trends—and get ready to make a major style statement this year.
Unique, or downright strange?
This is Kevin Droniak and his grandma. They’re besties, they’re awesome and they’re YouTube stars.
It can be difficult to entice little ones to eat anything at all, let alone to devour a healthy plate. But feeding your kids nutritious snacks after school just got way easier, thanks to these adorably clever and cute snack ideas! For more smart and fun ways to get your kids to enjoy healthful and delicious foods, try one of these amazingly artsy lunch ideas.
Through a tonsillectomy all the way to brain surgery, my mother deserves some recognition. She's my spine, my birthday shadow, my BFF, my thunder buddy, so Mommy, thank you.
My son needs me, as much as yours needs you. Sadly, my son needs me more. He needs someone to have his back, when it seems that the police, the men he'd wave to with excitement as a little boy, see him as a being worthy only of prison or death.
If you know someone who has adopted and have made some of these comments, don't fret... now you know!
"Because you shine from within," I said, touching my finger to her heart. "Not everybody sees it, but I do. I see it. And my job is to protect that light. So when people say mean comments that squelch that light, I want you to tell me. I will protect your light by listening and loving you, my brave, courageous, and unique little firefly."
Studies have shown that it helps, top education officials have recommended it, and now doctors are officially saying the same.
I may have accidentally dropped you a few times, forgotten to document your first fart, let a little pee fly and dressed you like an idiot, but I have also loved you with every piece of me, and you will never hear an apology for that.