It’s that time! Aug. 6: Back-to-school Twitter party
Join MSN Living, Redbook, Good Housekeeping and House Beautiful to talk back-to-school tips and tricks to make life easier for parents.
Tweet, Tweet! It’s that time of year again! With the kids headed back to school, it’s the perfect time to throw a Twitter party!
Be sure to join MSN Living, as well as Redbook (@redbookmag), Good Housekeeping (@goodhousemag) and House Beautiful (@housebeautiful) on Tuesday, Aug. 6, for our Back-to-School Twitter chat! As we get ready to send the kids back to school, our editors are set to dish back-to-school tips and tricks to make life a bit easier for parents.
What: MSN Living’s ‘Back-to-School’ Twitter chat
When: Tuesday, August 6
Time: 12-1 p.m. PT
Where: On Twitter! Search for the hashtag #MSNB2S
Why: It’s fun, free and a great way to interact and share helpful information with like-minded people!
Help spread the word and tweet: Mark your calendars! MSN Living’s ‘Back-to-School’ Twitter chat on Tues. 8/6, 12-1 PM PT. To participate, tweet w/ #MSNB2S
How does a Twitter party work?
- The hosts asks one question every six minutes over the course of the hour-long event. Questions will be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. Participants respond with answers, questions, tips, etc. Answers should start with A1, A2, A3, etc. to correspond with the question. (Trust us, it can get really confusing, really quick if we don’t do it this way.)
- We’ll help keep the conversation moving, but it’s up to you, our brilliant friends to share advice and information on each question. Each Tweet should include #MSNB2S, so it’s easy for followers to track.
- Twitter can be accessed directly through Twitter.com or through a wide variety of social media dashboards like TweetDeck, Hootsuite and others.
- Within your chosen service, search for or create a column for #MSNB2S. This will filter out all the tweets that do not contain #MSNB2S and are not part of the chat.
- Let the fun begin! Wait for the questions and provide your answers. Don’t forget to add #MSNB2S to every tweet to be included in the chat.
So sit back, grab a cup of coffee and join us on August 6! If you have any questions about attending a Twitter party, do not hesitate to ask, we’re here to help! If there’s a topic you’d like for us to chat about at an upcoming Twitter party, let us know. Style, beauty, family, pets, décor, technology, dating/relationships? You tell us. We’re listening.
Tell us: What was YOUR favorite teacher’s name?
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
6-year-old has rare brain condition
He wanted to know if woman was pregnant
Did your state make the grade?
A new dad finds an Epcot Center's worth of innovation after expecting none at all.
Alcohol and tattoos are not meant for the pre-teen set
But Debra Harrell now has custody of daughter again
I am probably not the first to tell you this: Kids come with lots of stuff. Even if you try to be as minimal as possible, the little creatures require an awful lot to keep things running smoothly. Here's a master-plan slideshow of ways to cut corners on space in every room to accommodate all the things that come along with kids.
You never know for certain what type of parent you'll be until you've actually become one and your parenting style, as it becomes evident, may surprise you. Here are 4 parenting books to help you figure it all out.
Sunshine! Camping! Pool parties! BBQs! The sunny season is here and to help you make the most of it, we've hand-picked 7 great products to make this summer the best your family has ever had. Click through for our list to inspire your sunny day fun. From our sponsor: Walmart
We all love a picnic. But do one quick search for 'picnic ideas' on Pinterest and you're instantly teleported into a land of overachieving home chefs clearly looking for their big break on Food Network. Well, never mind that, we say. Scratch the 25-ingredient recipes and the incessant trips to the craft store for that perfect tablescape. Here are 5 truly simple picnic ideas that will look great, taste great, and make you feel like the winner you are! From our sponsor: Walmart
Admit it — you do these things, too! And that's OK. But maybe — just maybe — it's time to think about changing things up a little bit, for the sake of your sanity, your relationship with your kids, and because life's too short.
We asked veterinary experts and readers which breeds they think and if it is OK to shave longhaired pets in the summer.