The top 11 ironies of motherhoodMotherhood. It’s the most amazing, most confusing journey of your life. But it also comes with its fair share of ironies. Like, oh, baby is finally sleeping through the night, but it’s in your bed. Or the fact that you just bought baby a whole new slew of pacifiers, but baby now hates his paci.
1. The baby finally sleeps through the night -- but only because he has a fever.
2. The one time you leave your cell phone in the car while you go to the gym is the one time your sitter was frantically trying to get a hold of you because you left her a bottle for the baby but no nipple.
3. You get caught up on all your baby shower thank-you notes -- then realize you forgot to address them before you sealed the envelopes.
More from The Bump:25 reasons babies rock
4. Your toddler quietly entertained himself for a whole half-hour. Because he was busy drawing all over the furniture in the next room.
5. Just when you figure out something your picky child will eat, he'll decide he doesn’t like it anymore. "I don't like chicken nuggets and mustard now, Mama!” Good thing I just bought them in bulk at Costco!
6. At last, your toddler has started going number two on the potty by himself! Too bad he pulls up his pants before telling you he needs to be wiped.
7. You manage to get both kids to take a nap at the same time -- but not on the same day.
More from The Bump:How to raise a happy baby
8. In a rare fit of productivity, you make a healthy, home-cooked meal. Then, you burn the heck out of it because you forgot to turn the stove off while you gave baby a bath.
9. After months of trying, you and that super-busy mom finally schedule a playdate for your kids. But someone contracts an infectious disease the day before.
10. You get everybody's sheets washed, dried, and put back on their beds. The very next day, someone has a diaper blowout, throws up, or spills a juice box all over their bed -- or yours.
11. You can't wait for your little shadow to be more independent. Then comes the day when he slams the door in your face because he "needs privacy," and he skips off to preschool without a backward glance.
More from Mom to Mom on MSN Living:
parenting, education, activities and more
We know you’re documenting just about every move baby makes. (Do you even have any memory left on your phone? We didn’t think so.) These tips from professional photographers can help you perfect your pics.
These six on-trend ideas will make baby’s room your new favorite place to hang out.
Baby probably won’t remember his first birthday party, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go all out (after all, parents need to celebrate making it through this first year, right?). These fun, colorful themes take planning to the next level.
See what celebrities who had problems conceiving have to say.
You’ll be hearing a lot of advice and opinions. Some of it will be really helpful and some will be just plain wrong. Here are the most common things people say about babies that aren’t true.
A new dad finds an Epcot Center's worth of innovation after expecting none at all.
The dog days of summer may be well behind us, but that doesn't mean it's time to pack in the outdoor adventures quite yet.
Make sure your go-to gadgets are as cute as your style, with these trendy tech finds!
Oh, how the times have changed...
Get ready to hit the mall! Check out the hottest back-to-school trends—and get ready to make a major style statement this year.
Unique, or downright strange?
This is Kevin Droniak and his grandma. They’re besties, they’re awesome and they’re YouTube stars.