The top 11 ironies of motherhoodMotherhood. It’s the most amazing, most confusing journey of your life. But it also comes with its fair share of ironies. Like, oh, baby is finally sleeping through the night, but it’s in your bed. Or the fact that you just bought baby a whole new slew of pacifiers, but baby now hates his paci.
1. The baby finally sleeps through the night -- but only because he has a fever.
2. The one time you leave your cell phone in the car while you go to the gym is the one time your sitter was frantically trying to get a hold of you because you left her a bottle for the baby but no nipple.
3. You get caught up on all your baby shower thank-you notes -- then realize you forgot to address them before you sealed the envelopes.
More from The Bump:25 reasons babies rock
4. Your toddler quietly entertained himself for a whole half-hour. Because he was busy drawing all over the furniture in the next room.
5. Just when you figure out something your picky child will eat, he'll decide he doesn’t like it anymore. "I don't like chicken nuggets and mustard now, Mama!” Good thing I just bought them in bulk at Costco!
6. At last, your toddler has started going number two on the potty by himself! Too bad he pulls up his pants before telling you he needs to be wiped.
7. You manage to get both kids to take a nap at the same time -- but not on the same day.
More from The Bump:How to raise a happy baby
8. In a rare fit of productivity, you make a healthy, home-cooked meal. Then, you burn the heck out of it because you forgot to turn the stove off while you gave baby a bath.
9. After months of trying, you and that super-busy mom finally schedule a playdate for your kids. But someone contracts an infectious disease the day before.
10. You get everybody's sheets washed, dried, and put back on their beds. The very next day, someone has a diaper blowout, throws up, or spills a juice box all over their bed -- or yours.
11. You can't wait for your little shadow to be more independent. Then comes the day when he slams the door in your face because he "needs privacy," and he skips off to preschool without a backward glance.
More from Mom to Mom on MSN Living:
parenting, education, activities and more
A new dad finds an Epcot Center's worth of innovation after expecting none at all.
Alcohol and tattoos are not meant for the pre-teen set
But Debra Harrell now has custody of daughter again
Sunshine! Camping! Pool parties! BBQs! The sunny season is here and to help you make the most of it, we've hand-picked 7 great products to make this summer the best your family has ever had. Click through for our list to inspire your sunny day fun. From our sponsor: Walmart
We all love a picnic. But do one quick search for 'picnic ideas' on Pinterest and you're instantly teleported into a land of overachieving home chefs clearly looking for their big break on Food Network. Well, never mind that, we say. Scratch the 25-ingredient recipes and the incessant trips to the craft store for that perfect tablescape. Here are 5 truly simple picnic ideas that will look great, taste great, and make you feel like the winner you are! From our sponsor: Walmart
Admit it — you do these things, too! And that's OK. But maybe — just maybe — it's time to think about changing things up a little bit, for the sake of your sanity, your relationship with your kids, and because life's too short.
Celeb moms post photos to show off their weight loss, but then they undermine their progress in the captions.
Kriste Lewis was inspired by her kidney disease to try out
Hittin' the road, moms and dads? Plan for these five things to happen...
Who knew parenting would make you feel so dumb?
Bob King, 68, found himself stuck
Witnesses now say they were helping mom, who was on the scene