The top 11 ironies of motherhoodMotherhood. It’s the most amazing, most confusing journey of your life. But it also comes with its fair share of ironies. Like, oh, baby is finally sleeping through the night, but it’s in your bed. Or the fact that you just bought baby a whole new slew of pacifiers, but baby now hates his paci.
1. The baby finally sleeps through the night -- but only because he has a fever.
2. The one time you leave your cell phone in the car while you go to the gym is the one time your sitter was frantically trying to get a hold of you because you left her a bottle for the baby but no nipple.
3. You get caught up on all your baby shower thank-you notes -- then realize you forgot to address them before you sealed the envelopes.
More from The Bump:25 reasons babies rock
4. Your toddler quietly entertained himself for a whole half-hour. Because he was busy drawing all over the furniture in the next room.
5. Just when you figure out something your picky child will eat, he'll decide he doesn’t like it anymore. "I don't like chicken nuggets and mustard now, Mama!” Good thing I just bought them in bulk at Costco!
6. At last, your toddler has started going number two on the potty by himself! Too bad he pulls up his pants before telling you he needs to be wiped.
7. You manage to get both kids to take a nap at the same time -- but not on the same day.
More from The Bump:How to raise a happy baby
8. In a rare fit of productivity, you make a healthy, home-cooked meal. Then, you burn the heck out of it because you forgot to turn the stove off while you gave baby a bath.
9. After months of trying, you and that super-busy mom finally schedule a playdate for your kids. But someone contracts an infectious disease the day before.
10. You get everybody's sheets washed, dried, and put back on their beds. The very next day, someone has a diaper blowout, throws up, or spills a juice box all over their bed -- or yours.
11. You can't wait for your little shadow to be more independent. Then comes the day when he slams the door in your face because he "needs privacy," and he skips off to preschool without a backward glance.
More from Mom to Mom on MSN Living:
parenting, education, activities and more
You're cold-hearted? We'll take care of that for you...read on.
I used to be one of those moms who thought, 'who on earth would bring their child to an event like that?' and then I had a son. Here's why you might become a convert, too.
Virtually everything you need to know about relationships, you learned in nursery school: Treat people as you want to be treated, clean up after yourself, and don’t be a know-it-all.
Here are our experts' best tips for how to be a positive role model for your kids so that they grow up healthy, strong and confident about the way they look.
Can you relate?
Make the most of the summer with these family-oriented activities!
It's that time again, parents...
If you value the backside of your theater seat and making it to your next paycheck, you may want to stay home
One mom shares how she and her family make the Sedar fun and memorable for all
Sometimes, love isn't enough to save us.
Joe, Kevin, and Nick aren't the only hot bros in Hollywood. Seventeen has uncovered the cutest celebrity siblings!