By Kristen Droesch of YourTango
Yes, Frozen came out back in November and we are still talking about it, because it's become one of our favorite movies ever! Breaking the box office record of the sixth highest-grossing movie of all time is just one of this Disney giant's many accolades.
"Let It Go" remains on repeat during our morning commute and we're still pretty upset that talking snowmen don't actually exist. After breaking all kinds of movie and song records, Frozen the musical is up next!
Before Anna and Elsa hit Broadway, here are 20 things you don't know about this Academy Award-winning movie:
1. They modeled the reindeer, Sven, after Executive Producer John Lasseter's dog, Frankie! They actually brought in a real reindeer, but he just stood there and didn't move.
2. The crew got to tour Norway as "research" when they were designing the kingdom of Arrendelle. Coolest job ever.
More from YourTango: 11 Lies Disney Told Me About Love
3. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from Tangled make a surprise appearance in Frozen! When they open the city gates for Elsa's coronation, you can see the couple's backs toward the camera.
4. However, there are more Disney theories within the movie. Fans believe that when Elsa and Anna's parents left the kingdom, they were en route to Germany for Rapunzel's homecoming when their ship sank near Denmark. The second part of the theory is that the boat the parents were on is actually the sunken ship in The Little Mermaid. Where does The Little Mermaid take place? Denmark, of course. Disney can be so clever with their inter-weaving storylines.
5. Queen Elsa was originally supposed to be a villain. Thankfully they changed the story to make her misunderstood. The movie just wouldn't have been the same.
6. They approached Idina Menzel to play Elsa after hearing her audition tape for Rapunzel in Tangled.
7. Director Chris Buck has worked on animation for other Disney classics including The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Oliver & Company, and The Rescuers Down Under.
8. The animators of the film will watch the voice actors perform their lines in the booth and study the faces they make while they act it out.
9. The co-director and writer of Frozen, Jennifer Lee, also wrote the screenplay for Wreck-It Ralph.
10. Did you notice there is a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal on one of the shelves at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post?
parenting, education, activities and more
Make sure your go-to gadgets are as cute as your style, with these trendy tech finds!
Oh, how the times have changed...
Get ready to hit the mall! Check out the hottest back-to-school trends—and get ready to make a major style statement this year.
Unique, or downright strange?
This is Kevin Droniak and his grandma. They’re besties, they’re awesome and they’re YouTube stars.
It can be difficult to entice little ones to eat anything at all, let alone to devour a healthy plate. But feeding your kids nutritious snacks after school just got way easier, thanks to these adorably clever and cute snack ideas! For more smart and fun ways to get your kids to enjoy healthful and delicious foods, try one of these amazingly artsy lunch ideas.
Through a tonsillectomy all the way to brain surgery, my mother deserves some recognition. She's my spine, my birthday shadow, my BFF, my thunder buddy, so Mommy, thank you.
My son needs me, as much as yours needs you. Sadly, my son needs me more. He needs someone to have his back, when it seems that the police, the men he'd wave to with excitement as a little boy, see him as a being worthy only of prison or death.
If you know someone who has adopted and have made some of these comments, don't fret... now you know!
"Because you shine from within," I said, touching my finger to her heart. "Not everybody sees it, but I do. I see it. And my job is to protect that light. So when people say mean comments that squelch that light, I want you to tell me. I will protect your light by listening and loving you, my brave, courageous, and unique little firefly."
Studies have shown that it helps, top education officials have recommended it, and now doctors are officially saying the same.
I may have accidentally dropped you a few times, forgotten to document your first fart, let a little pee fly and dressed you like an idiot, but I have also loved you with every piece of me, and you will never hear an apology for that.