9 facts you didn't know about Frozen's Princess ElsaFind out why Elsa may be our favorite princess yet
Frozen is the biggest Disney animated smash in years, thanks in large part to one of its heroines, the lovely Snow Queen who started out as Princess Elsa.
The film and its soundtrack are pretty massive and have worked in concert to reinvigorate a still-beloved storytelling brand. The hype shows no signs of dying down and is anchored by Princesses Anna and Elsa.
Elsa is the big sis and has the show-stopping song "Let It Go" to her credit. That song helped propel this film and story to stratospheric levels.
Here are 9 simply amazing facts that we love about Elsa and how she relates to the other princesses in the iconic Disney slate. Why not take a crash course in Elsa education?
1. Her full name is Elsa the Snow Queen of Arendelle. Her moniker and title are so regal and lovely, aren't they? Her name simply rolls off the tongue.
2. The character is loosely based on the titular character in Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen. That character was the antagonist, whereas Elsa is a deuteragonist. That's the second most important character. In Frozen, Anna is the protagonist, aka the most important character. We know, we sound like English professors.
3. Elsa may or may not have been inspired by Grace Kelly, an actual Princess who was a portrait of grace and class. The American actress was the Princess of Monaco, marrying into royalty.
5. She loves chocolate, as does her little sister Anna. They both have freckles, too!
7. Along with Anna, Elsa is set to be inducted as an official Disney princess. Elsa will be the 13th official Disney princess. Huzzah! We hope she gets a certificate for that.
8. Elsa is the second Disney princess to have powers. Rapunzel is the other.
9. She is only the second love interest-less princess in the Disney realm. The first is Merida from Brave. Girl power! Who needs a man?!
More from YourTango:
Our faves: Must-reads for moms, by moms
If you, too, find yourself distracted by everything else in life and generally short-tempered and flustered, this piece is for you (in other words, for us all!)...
Other moms can be ruthless when it comes to picking apart your parenting choices. From dissing your decision to go back to work to criticizing when you started baby on solids, here are the most ridiculous comments moms have heard. Bonus, we’ve got just the right way to respond to the haters! You’re welcome.
Find yourself wandering the aisles, suddenly needing an owl-shaped candle while drinking a $5 latte? You're not alone, moms...
I used to be one of those moms who thought, 'who on earth would bring their child to an event like that?' and then I had a son. Here's why you might become a convert, too.
Not great with a budget? Don't sweat it. Try these simple ways to save.
Oh yes, they're doing THOSE things, alright...
It's not ok for strangers to judge your mothering while you're getting your latte. Can't we all just choose kindness?
1. If you throw something away because your child has not played with it in months, she will ask for it later that same day. That, and more TOTALLY TRUE things about parenthood...
What one mom learned about herself might just change your world
Maybe it's time...
The breastfeeding mom vs formula mom debate is always a hotbed of negativity. Maybe we're both just a little misunderstood.
Yep, you're older than you think