10 ways to celebrate solo moms on Father's Day
Dads deserve the glory today, but don't forget moms raising kids alone
Whether she's military wife with her husband deployed, or a mom without a partner for any number of reasons, solo moms deserve to be celebrated this Father's Day, too. Here are 10 things you can do to make a solo mom's day:
10. Ok, I know this is crazy-talk, but instead of texting her, give her a call just to say hi and let her drone on about whatever she wants. She'd love an ear that belongs to someone other than a 2-year old...
9. Ask her if she's doing something different with her skincare routine - she looks so young and radiant lately!
8. Offer to take her kids for just a couple of hours - long enough for her to enjoy a leisurely bath with a great book, take herself out for a manicure, or however she wants to spend some 'me time.'
More on MSN: What dads wish their partners knew
7. Is she a military wife? Find a cute photo you might've taken of her with her husband and frame it for her.
6. Go on Facebook and 'like' a photo of her kids she posts today. Better yet, comment on how great her kids are.
5. Is she on Twitter? Mention her in a post and tag it #fabumom
4. Post a really flattering photo of her on your Facebook page and share your appreciation of her general awesomeness. Emphasis on flattering photo here, people.
3. Are your kids friends with her kids? Ask them all to come over for a playdate. Supply chocolate cake. For the mom.
2. Plant flowers in her yard. Trust me, she wishes she had the time to do it herself.
1. Leave some brownies at her doorstep. Or a bottle of wine. Or brownies AND a bottle of wine. Yeah, leave both.
Want more Mom to Mom? Try these:
I'm going to get bashed here. But my son is a single parent. I gave him a mother's day present. He is mother and father to my grandchildren. It wasn't a large present, but he got it.
His ex wife is an idiot and should not of had a mother's day. She is no mother. My son is the kids's mother.
I was a single parent too. I always bought myself a father's present because I was mother and father. The kids had no right to be with their idiot father that only saw them when he felt the need (when he needed to make an impression with other people) So if someone wants to have single mother's day on father's day, then good on them.
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Two sociologists have found that parents who have daughters are more inclined to support the GOP and turn a cold shoulder to Democrats.
The experts at Nameberry.com predict what will be big in baby-naming next year
Famed event-planner David Stark shared tips for making chic holiday decorations using items you already have around the house. Take a look!
Sociologist Karen Z. Kramer found that over the past decade more than 550,000 men were stay-at-home fathers, which is about 3.5 percent of the married with kids population.
Ben Miller celebrates his wife's birthday and the anniversary of the day their premature son Ward Miles came home for good with a video documenting his first year.
Adopting an animal is a major commitment. Yet all too often people put more effort into researching what kind of car to get than the type of pet that would best fit their lifestyle.
’Tis the season to send out holiday greeting cards to all your friends and family. But, as our friends at Awkward Family Pet Photos know, not all holiday snapshots are the same. Some are just plain kooky — especially when pets are included. So with good tidings and great cheer, here are 10 wacky holiday animal portraits that are sure to make you laugh out loud and get you in the holiday spirit. And possibly make you think twice about dressing up the family cat this year.
King of the jungle? Nah, it's just a labradoodle!
Side-by-side images of adorable babies and their celebrity doppelgängers
Do you have a finicky furry friend on your holiday gift list this year? You're in luck! We've rounded up the coolest cat-approved products to bring you purrfect gift ideas for every kind of cat -- from the curious kitten to the most refined feline. Any one of these special gifts could make your resident kitty purr with pleasure and maybe, just maybe, like the present this year even more than the box and wrapping paper it came in!
Plus, puppy names to watch
This holiday season's hottest toy has yet to be revealed, but more often than not, the best gifts are the ones kids don't even know to ask for. So this year, surprise your kids with unique presents under the tree, and watch as their eyes light up when they unwrap them. From space-age sand to a DIY race track, these out-of-the-box gift ideas will provide some serious shopping inspiration. Click through the slideshow above for all our favorite picks.