10 ways to celebrate solo moms on Father's Day
Dads deserve the glory today, but don't forget moms raising kids alone
Whether she's military wife with her husband deployed, or a mom without a partner for any number of reasons, solo moms deserve to be celebrated this Father's Day, too. Here are 10 things you can do to make a solo mom's day:
10. Ok, I know this is crazy-talk, but instead of texting her, give her a call just to say hi and let her drone on about whatever she wants. She'd love an ear that belongs to someone other than a 2-year old...
9. Ask her if she's doing something different with her skincare routine - she looks so young and radiant lately!
8. Offer to take her kids for just a couple of hours - long enough for her to enjoy a leisurely bath with a great book, take herself out for a manicure, or however she wants to spend some 'me time.'
More on MSN: What dads wish their partners knew
7. Is she a military wife? Find a cute photo you might've taken of her with her husband and frame it for her.
6. Go on Facebook and 'like' a photo of her kids she posts today. Better yet, comment on how great her kids are.
5. Is she on Twitter? Mention her in a post and tag it #fabumom
4. Post a really flattering photo of her on your Facebook page and share your appreciation of her general awesomeness. Emphasis on flattering photo here, people.
3. Are your kids friends with her kids? Ask them all to come over for a playdate. Supply chocolate cake. For the mom.
2. Plant flowers in her yard. Trust me, she wishes she had the time to do it herself.
1. Leave some brownies at her doorstep. Or a bottle of wine. Or brownies AND a bottle of wine. Yeah, leave both.
Want more Mom to Mom? Try these:
I'm going to get bashed here. But my son is a single parent. I gave him a mother's day present. He is mother and father to my grandchildren. It wasn't a large present, but he got it.
His ex wife is an idiot and should not of had a mother's day. She is no mother. My son is the kids's mother.
I was a single parent too. I always bought myself a father's present because I was mother and father. The kids had no right to be with their idiot father that only saw them when he felt the need (when he needed to make an impression with other people) So if someone wants to have single mother's day on father's day, then good on them.
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
A new dad finds an Epcot Center's worth of innovation after expecting none at all.
Alcohol and tattoos are not meant for the pre-teen set
But Debra Harrell now has custody of daughter again
I am probably not the first to tell you this: Kids come with lots of stuff. Even if you try to be as minimal as possible, the little creatures require an awful lot to keep things running smoothly. Here's a master-plan slideshow of ways to cut corners on space in every room to accommodate all the things that come along with kids.
You never know for certain what type of parent you'll be until you've actually become one and your parenting style, as it becomes evident, may surprise you. Here are 4 parenting books to help you figure it all out.
Sunshine! Camping! Pool parties! BBQs! The sunny season is here and to help you make the most of it, we've hand-picked 7 great products to make this summer the best your family has ever had. Click through for our list to inspire your sunny day fun. From our sponsor: Walmart
We all love a picnic. But do one quick search for 'picnic ideas' on Pinterest and you're instantly teleported into a land of overachieving home chefs clearly looking for their big break on Food Network. Well, never mind that, we say. Scratch the 25-ingredient recipes and the incessant trips to the craft store for that perfect tablescape. Here are 5 truly simple picnic ideas that will look great, taste great, and make you feel like the winner you are! From our sponsor: Walmart
Admit it — you do these things, too! And that's OK. But maybe — just maybe — it's time to think about changing things up a little bit, for the sake of your sanity, your relationship with your kids, and because life's too short.
We asked veterinary experts and readers which breeds they think and if it is OK to shave longhaired pets in the summer.
Celeb moms post photos to show off their weight loss, but then they undermine their progress in the captions.
Kriste Lewis was inspired by her kidney disease to try out
Hittin' the road, moms and dads? Plan for these five things to happen...