Murphy's Laws of parenting
So true. So totally true.
1. If you throw something away because your child has not played with it in months, she will ask for it later that same day.
2. If you successfully transfer your sleeping baby all the way from your car to her crib, you will sneeze and wake her up as you tiptoe out the door.
3. If your daughter spent a year begging to take ballet, the day you sign her up for classes and pay the bill, she'll switch her interest to gymnastics.
4. The one time your child asks for broccoli, you won't have any in the house.
5. If you tell someone your baby is a good napper, she will never nap again.
6. If the baby makes it through an awful tummy bug and you say out loud, "Thank God, it wasn't contagious!," the next day EVERYONE ELSE will get it and then the baby will get it again.
7. The moment you decide to get rid of all your baby related items because you won't be having any more kids, you will instantly become pregnant.
8. If you pack up the entire house to go on a two day trip, you'll forget something really simple. Like diapers.
9. If you buy a new carpet and it sits rolled up in a corner for a month, the day you finally get your husband to move the furniture and lay the thing down, will be the same day your three-year-old spills a canister of glitter.
10. The one time you don't ask your kid if she has to go to the bathroom before you leave the house, she'll declare an emergency in front of a McDonald's. You'll think, how gross could it be? THAT GROSS.
11. The day you dress the baby in her best outfit will be the day she has the MOTHER of all blow-outs.
12. The one time your toddler listens and models your behavior, will be the time you say, "Sh*t! I forgot my keys!"
13. If you spend half the day packing everyone up to go to the zoo, they will all fall asleep by the time you get there.
14. If you somehow manage to make it to work with an outfit free of poop, snot or spit-up, you will spill your own coffee on it as soon as you sit down at your desk.
15. If you decide to take a chance by leaving the diaper bag at home for an easy evening stroll with the baby, she won't just need a new diaper. She'll need a whole new outfit.
16. If you lay down the law that bedtime is at 7:30pm, Grammy will make a surprise visit at 7:29.
17. If you brag to your friends about how much your toddler is talking, when they see her, she will not say a word.
18. The second you decide to take advantage of naptime by stepping into the shower, sitting down to eat or god forbid trying to get some shut-eye yourself, the baby will wake up. EVERY. FREAKIN. TIME.
Thanks to Stephanie for #6 and Ann for #7, who submitted them on the Mommy Shorts Facebook Fanpage. Love this? Check out MommyShorts.com
More from MSN Mom to Mom:
How new moms take showers
Why toddlers and restaurants don't mix
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Did your state make the grade?
A new dad finds an Epcot Center's worth of innovation after expecting none at all.
Alcohol and tattoos are not meant for the pre-teen set
But Debra Harrell now has custody of daughter again
I am probably not the first to tell you this: Kids come with lots of stuff. Even if you try to be as minimal as possible, the little creatures require an awful lot to keep things running smoothly. Here's a master-plan slideshow of ways to cut corners on space in every room to accommodate all the things that come along with kids.
You never know for certain what type of parent you'll be until you've actually become one and your parenting style, as it becomes evident, may surprise you. Here are 4 parenting books to help you figure it all out.
Sunshine! Camping! Pool parties! BBQs! The sunny season is here and to help you make the most of it, we've hand-picked 7 great products to make this summer the best your family has ever had. Click through for our list to inspire your sunny day fun. From our sponsor: Walmart
We all love a picnic. But do one quick search for 'picnic ideas' on Pinterest and you're instantly teleported into a land of overachieving home chefs clearly looking for their big break on Food Network. Well, never mind that, we say. Scratch the 25-ingredient recipes and the incessant trips to the craft store for that perfect tablescape. Here are 5 truly simple picnic ideas that will look great, taste great, and make you feel like the winner you are! From our sponsor: Walmart
Admit it — you do these things, too! And that's OK. But maybe — just maybe — it's time to think about changing things up a little bit, for the sake of your sanity, your relationship with your kids, and because life's too short.
We asked veterinary experts and readers which breeds they think and if it is OK to shave longhaired pets in the summer.
Celeb moms post photos to show off their weight loss, but then they undermine their progress in the captions.
Kriste Lewis was inspired by her kidney disease to try out