Murphy's Laws of parenting
So true. So totally true.
1. If you throw something away because your child has not played with it in months, she will ask for it later that same day.
2. If you successfully transfer your sleeping baby all the way from your car to her crib, you will sneeze and wake her up as you tiptoe out the door.
3. If your daughter spent a year begging to take ballet, the day you sign her up for classes and pay the bill, she'll switch her interest to gymnastics.
4. The one time your child asks for broccoli, you won't have any in the house.
5. If you tell someone your baby is a good napper, she will never nap again.
6. If the baby makes it through an awful tummy bug and you say out loud, "Thank God, it wasn't contagious!," the next day EVERYONE ELSE will get it and then the baby will get it again.
7. The moment you decide to get rid of all your baby related items because you won't be having any more kids, you will instantly become pregnant.
8. If you pack up the entire house to go on a two day trip, you'll forget something really simple. Like diapers.
9. If you buy a new carpet and it sits rolled up in a corner for a month, the day you finally get your husband to move the furniture and lay the thing down, will be the same day your three-year-old spills a canister of glitter.
10. The one time you don't ask your kid if she has to go to the bathroom before you leave the house, she'll declare an emergency in front of a McDonald's. You'll think, how gross could it be? THAT GROSS.
11. The day you dress the baby in her best outfit will be the day she has the MOTHER of all blow-outs.
12. The one time your toddler listens and models your behavior, will be the time you say, "Sh*t! I forgot my keys!"
13. If you spend half the day packing everyone up to go to the zoo, they will all fall asleep by the time you get there.
14. If you somehow manage to make it to work with an outfit free of poop, snot or spit-up, you will spill your own coffee on it as soon as you sit down at your desk.
15. If you decide to take a chance by leaving the diaper bag at home for an easy evening stroll with the baby, she won't just need a new diaper. She'll need a whole new outfit.
16. If you lay down the law that bedtime is at 7:30pm, Grammy will make a surprise visit at 7:29.
17. If you brag to your friends about how much your toddler is talking, when they see her, she will not say a word.
18. The second you decide to take advantage of naptime by stepping into the shower, sitting down to eat or god forbid trying to get some shut-eye yourself, the baby will wake up. EVERY. FREAKIN. TIME.
Thanks to Stephanie for #6 and Ann for #7, who submitted them on the Mommy Shorts Facebook Fanpage. Love this? Check out MommyShorts.com
More from MSN Mom to Mom:
How new moms take showers
Why toddlers and restaurants don't mix
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Two controversial science projects resembled weapons, school officials said.
Must-haves for every mommy on the road
What are we teaching our children when we focus on their achievements rather than their kindness?
Discover the seemingly insignificant things that can affect your chances of getting pregnant.
A thrill-obsessed subculture claimed another life this week.
A few suggested answers for the diciest questions
Here's our list of fifteen moms in the food industry that deserve some recognition.
The site gets high marks for its user-friendly interface and excellent and responsive customer service. And the reviews are also pretty accurate. Compare amenities and prices next to a hotel's in the same area, and you're likely to see Airbnb come out on top.
We captured a frame-by-frame look just for you.
Other moms can be ruthless when it comes to picking apart your parenting choices. From dissing your decision to go back to work to criticizing when you started baby on solids, here are the most ridiculous comments moms have heard. Bonus, we’ve got just the right way to respond to the haters! You’re welcome.
Nope, you don’t have to spend the next nine months in black elastic-waist pants and oversize sweaters. And you don’t have to shell out a fortune on your “temporary” wardrobe either. Check out these stylish and affordable maternity clothes.
Because society crumbles without us