71 new mom truthsAn incomplete list of the extraordinary, mundane, frustrating, and funny facts of your new life as a mom.
47. You will wake up feeling sick one morning but will muster the strength to get through the day with your baby because you have to.
48. You will take waaaay longer to go on your first postbaby getaway than you'd imagined.
49. You will be excited when your tot grows out of one size and into the next.
50. You will be sad to put away what he's grown out of.
51. You will actually be in the mood for sex one night, only to find that your husband's passed out cold in bed.
52. You will not be in the mood for sex as he runs his foot along your unshaven legs and touches your greasy hair.
53. You will be grateful for K-Y Jelly.
54. You will consider your husband's work commute his alone time, and be jealous of it.
55. You will be taken by surprise by your first postpartum period.
56. You will struggle to stay close to some of your childless friends.
57. You will wonder how your stay-at-home-mom friends do it.
58. You will wonder how your working-mom friends do it.
59. You will make peace with your stretch marks because they give you character.
60. You will accept that your husband will never be as paranoid about the baby as you are, and will decide that's a good thing.
61. You will eventually find a playgroup whose kids are on the same schedule as yours.
62. You will hear yourself tell brand-new moms that the first 12 weeks really do fly by, even though it pissed you off when people told you that.
63. You will live for your girls' nights out, once you get a couple under your belt and see that everything at home went just fine without you.
64. You will find Cheerios in odd places.
65. You won't care that she's getting food in her hair when she does "So Big" in her high chair.
66. You will cherish the freedom to empty the dishwasher while your baby holds his morning bottle himself.
67. You will miss the smell of Dreft once you get the green light to wash infant clothes with yours.
68. You will try not to take it personally when your sweetie's first word is "Da-Da." It must be easier to pronounce.
69. You will write more-heartfelt thank-you notes to anyone who gives a toy without lights, batteries, and noise.
70. You will be relieved when your child turns 1. You didn't break him.
71. You will marvel at the volumes of unconditional love you have for your most wonderful achievement -- your baby.
More from MSN Living:
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Famed event-planner David Stark shared tips for making chic holiday decorations using items you already have around the house. Take a look!
Sociologist Karen Z. Kramer found that over the past decade more than 550,000 men were stay-at-home fathers, which is about 3.5 percent of the married with kids population.
Ben Miller celebrates his wife's birthday and the anniversary of the day their premature son Ward Miles came home for good with a video documenting his first year.
Adopting an animal is a major commitment. Yet all too often people put more effort into researching what kind of car to get than the type of pet that would best fit their lifestyle.
’Tis the season to send out holiday greeting cards to all your friends and family. But, as our friends at Awkward Family Pet Photos know, not all holiday snapshots are the same. Some are just plain kooky — especially when pets are included. So with good tidings and great cheer, here are 10 wacky holiday animal portraits that are sure to make you laugh out loud and get you in the holiday spirit. And possibly make you think twice about dressing up the family cat this year.
King of the jungle? Nah, it's just a labradoodle!
Side-by-side images of adorable babies and their celebrity doppelgängers
Do you have a finicky furry friend on your holiday gift list this year? You're in luck! We've rounded up the coolest cat-approved products to bring you purrfect gift ideas for every kind of cat -- from the curious kitten to the most refined feline. Any one of these special gifts could make your resident kitty purr with pleasure and maybe, just maybe, like the present this year even more than the box and wrapping paper it came in!
Plus, puppy names to watch
This holiday season's hottest toy has yet to be revealed, but more often than not, the best gifts are the ones kids don't even know to ask for. So this year, surprise your kids with unique presents under the tree, and watch as their eyes light up when they unwrap them. From space-age sand to a DIY race track, these out-of-the-box gift ideas will provide some serious shopping inspiration. Click through the slideshow above for all our favorite picks.
Yep, you're older than you think