71 new mom truths
47. You will wake up feeling sick one morning but will muster the strength to get through the day with your baby because you have to.
48. You will take waaaay longer to go on your first postbaby getaway than you'd imagined.
49. You will be excited when your tot grows out of one size and into the next.
50. You will be sad to put away what he's grown out of.
51. You will actually be in the mood for sex one night, only to find that your husband's passed out cold in bed.
52. You will not be in the mood for sex as he runs his foot along your unshaven legs and touches your greasy hair.
53. You will be grateful for K-Y Jelly.
54. You will consider your husband's work commute his alone time, and be jealous of it.
55. You will be taken by surprise by your first postpartum period.
56. You will struggle to stay close to some of your childless friends.
57. You will wonder how your stay-at-home-mom friends do it.
58. You will wonder how your working-mom friends do it.
59. You will make peace with your stretch marks because they give you character.
60. You will accept that your husband will never be as paranoid about the baby as you are, and will decide that's a good thing.
61. You will eventually find a playgroup whose kids are on the same schedule as yours.
62. You will hear yourself tell brand-new moms that the first 12 weeks really do fly by, even though it pissed you off when people told you that.
63. You will live for your girls' nights out, once you get a couple under your belt and see that everything at home went just fine without you.
64. You will find Cheerios in odd places.
65. You won't care that she's getting food in her hair when she does "So Big" in her high chair.
66. You will cherish the freedom to empty the dishwasher while your baby holds his morning bottle himself.
67. You will miss the smell of Dreft once you get the green light to wash infant clothes with yours.
68. You will try not to take it personally when your sweetie's first word is "Da-Da." It must be easier to pronounce.
69. You will write more-heartfelt thank-you notes to anyone who gives a toy without lights, batteries, and noise.
70. You will be relieved when your child turns 1. You didn't break him.
71. You will marvel at the volumes of unconditional love you have for your most wonderful achievement -- your baby.
More from MSN Living:
family: tips, trends & advice for all things family
Kids and water parks go together like macaroni and cheese. Check out our top picks for your next wet and wild vacation.
We got new dads to dish on what they wish their partners knew. So, listen up, mamas!
Are you really ready to be a parent, or should you stick with a houseplant? Find out before you TTC.
With all the glitz and glamour that comes out of Tinseltown (not to mention the endless tabloid fodder), it's not always obvious that many celebrities are animal lovers, too.
From designer crosses to giant breeds, we scoured Vetstreet's data of millions of dog breeds to determine the trendiest breeds of the past decade.
One of the most unsettling consequences of bringing a child into your previously simple, happily oblivious manly life is that you’re now unquestionably, inescapably…The Man.
Whether it was baby’s first kick or the first time your boobs leaked in public, there’s a point in every mom’s life when the world as you know it ends and you realize -- Whoa, I'm someone's mom now. Some of our favorite mommy bloggers revealed what their aha moments were. They range from heartwarming to completely hilarious.
From DIY jewelry to homemade “flowers” to sweet vases, you can help your kid make mom’s day with these crafty gifts.
The first parenting shock: They let you take the baby home. Like, without supervision. Only then do the real surprises unfold. Here's what readers told us was most unexpected for them as they embraced this whole mama thing.
Be prepared to say, 'awww,' multiple times while flipping through this collection super-sweet stuff for babies and kids on Etsy.com. Take a peek at some of our favorite finds for moms (and click 'More' to find out how to get this amazing gnome hat!)...By MSN Living editors
Your Mother’s Day plans are all set, right? Brunch is booked and a fabulous gift is wrapped and ready to go. So take a breather and celebrate these stylish celebrity moms who work hard, care for their kids, and manage to look amazing in the process.