71 new mom truthsAn incomplete list of the extraordinary, mundane, frustrating, and funny facts of your new life as a mom.
23. You will overbundle your tyke for winter outings.
24. You will call out to your hubby as he's taking the baby for a walk, "You have your cell on you, right?"
25. You will get sick of hearing yourself say, "I didn't get to it yet."
26. You will feel naked when you walk outside alone.
27. You will wonder if you could possibly love another child as much as you love this one.
28. You will put your sweet pea in the ugliest outfit he's got, take an obligatory photo, and send it to the distant relative who purchased the fashion disaster.
29. You will rejoice when the baby's bald spot finally fills in. Now if only there were something to do about her mullet.
30.You will call your new-mom friend to say that your baby has a runny nose and has sneezed twice, and that if she wants to reschedule your play date, you'll understand.
31. You will come up with a soothing mantra -- for yourself -- for when you take your child's rectal temperature.
32. You will get peed, puked, or pooped on when you have nothing handy to change into.
33. You will pack everything your baby could possibly need for a weekend and forget your own eyeglasses or toothbrush.
34. You will need to leave the house and have your husband stay home if and when you let the baby cry it out for the first time.
35. You will detest traffic -- it means you're either late getting back home to your child or stuck in the car even longer with a fusspot.
36. You will slide a picture of your bambino on top of the wedding photo in your wallet.
37. You will get takeout for dinner (again) just so you can take your baby to the park and hear her coo and giggle on the swings.
38. You will crack up when you see your kid get down to music for the first time.
39. You will chat intimately with complete strangers on the grocery checkout line just because they are pregnant or have a small child.
40. You will e-mail friends and family pictures of the baby, always noting that if they want to stop receiving the updates you'll totally understand.
41. You will confess to your hubby whenever you do something not-so-smart with the baby, to ensure he doesn't make the same mistake.
42. You will find yourself saying "I only have one child so far," as if you're apologizing for not having a brood hidden underneath your petticoat.
43. You will eagerly devour your first really spicy post-pregnancy, post-nursing meal.
44. You will catch your husband or partner being moved to tears by the baby.
45. You will feel so lucky to have a child when you catch up with a friend who's been struggling to get pregnant.
46. You will hear about criminals on the news and wonder what their moms are doing.
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Two sociologists have found that parents who have daughters are more inclined to support the GOP and turn a cold shoulder to Democrats.
The experts at Nameberry.com predict what will be big in baby-naming next year
Famed event-planner David Stark shared tips for making chic holiday decorations using items you already have around the house. Take a look!
Sociologist Karen Z. Kramer found that over the past decade more than 550,000 men were stay-at-home fathers, which is about 3.5 percent of the married with kids population.
Ben Miller celebrates his wife's birthday and the anniversary of the day their premature son Ward Miles came home for good with a video documenting his first year.
Adopting an animal is a major commitment. Yet all too often people put more effort into researching what kind of car to get than the type of pet that would best fit their lifestyle.
’Tis the season to send out holiday greeting cards to all your friends and family. But, as our friends at Awkward Family Pet Photos know, not all holiday snapshots are the same. Some are just plain kooky — especially when pets are included. So with good tidings and great cheer, here are 10 wacky holiday animal portraits that are sure to make you laugh out loud and get you in the holiday spirit. And possibly make you think twice about dressing up the family cat this year.
King of the jungle? Nah, it's just a labradoodle!
Side-by-side images of adorable babies and their celebrity doppelgängers
Do you have a finicky furry friend on your holiday gift list this year? You're in luck! We've rounded up the coolest cat-approved products to bring you purrfect gift ideas for every kind of cat -- from the curious kitten to the most refined feline. Any one of these special gifts could make your resident kitty purr with pleasure and maybe, just maybe, like the present this year even more than the box and wrapping paper it came in!
Plus, puppy names to watch