71 new mom truths
23. You will overbundle your tyke for winter outings.
24. You will call out to your hubby as he's taking the baby for a walk, "You have your cell on you, right?"
25. You will get sick of hearing yourself say, "I didn't get to it yet."
26. You will feel naked when you walk outside alone.
27. You will wonder if you could possibly love another child as much as you love this one.
28. You will put your sweet pea in the ugliest outfit he's got, take an obligatory photo, and send it to the distant relative who purchased the fashion disaster.
29. You will rejoice when the baby's bald spot finally fills in. Now if only there were something to do about her mullet.
30.You will call your new-mom friend to say that your baby has a runny nose and has sneezed twice, and that if she wants to reschedule your play date, you'll understand.
31. You will come up with a soothing mantra -- for yourself -- for when you take your child's rectal temperature.
32. You will get peed, puked, or pooped on when you have nothing handy to change into.
33. You will pack everything your baby could possibly need for a weekend and forget your own eyeglasses or toothbrush.
34. You will need to leave the house and have your husband stay home if and when you let the baby cry it out for the first time.
35. You will detest traffic -- it means you're either late getting back home to your child or stuck in the car even longer with a fusspot.
36. You will slide a picture of your bambino on top of the wedding photo in your wallet.
37. You will get takeout for dinner (again) just so you can take your baby to the park and hear her coo and giggle on the swings.
38. You will crack up when you see your kid get down to music for the first time.
39. You will chat intimately with complete strangers on the grocery checkout line just because they are pregnant or have a small child.
40. You will e-mail friends and family pictures of the baby, always noting that if they want to stop receiving the updates you'll totally understand.
41. You will confess to your hubby whenever you do something not-so-smart with the baby, to ensure he doesn't make the same mistake.
42. You will find yourself saying "I only have one child so far," as if you're apologizing for not having a brood hidden underneath your petticoat.
43. You will eagerly devour your first really spicy post-pregnancy, post-nursing meal.
44. You will catch your husband or partner being moved to tears by the baby.
45. You will feel so lucky to have a child when you catch up with a friend who's been struggling to get pregnant.
46. You will hear about criminals on the news and wonder what their moms are doing.
family: tips, trends & advice for all things family
With all the glitz and glamour that comes out of Tinseltown (not to mention the endless tabloid fodder), it's not always obvious that many celebrities are animal lovers, too.
From designer crosses to giant breeds, we scoured Vetstreet's data of millions of dog breeds to determine the trendiest breeds of the past decade.
One of the most unsettling consequences of bringing a child into your previously simple, happily oblivious manly life is that you’re now unquestionably, inescapably…The Man.
Whether it was baby’s first kick or the first time your boobs leaked in public, there’s a point in every mom’s life when the world as you know it ends and you realize -- Whoa, I'm someone's mom now. Some of our favorite mommy bloggers revealed what their aha moments were. They range from heartwarming to completely hilarious.
From DIY jewelry to homemade “flowers” to sweet vases, you can help your kid make mom’s day with these crafty gifts.
The first parenting shock: They let you take the baby home. Like, without supervision. Only then do the real surprises unfold. Here's what readers told us was most unexpected for them as they embraced this whole mama thing.
Be prepared to say, 'awww,' multiple times while flipping through this collection super-sweet stuff for babies and kids on Etsy.com. Take a peek at some of our favorite finds for moms (and click 'More' to find out how to get this amazing gnome hat!)...By MSN Living editors
Your Mother’s Day plans are all set, right? Brunch is booked and a fabulous gift is wrapped and ready to go. So take a breather and celebrate these stylish celebrity moms who work hard, care for their kids, and manage to look amazing in the process.
Find out this year’s top baby names on Parenting.com, and see what we predict will be big in 2013
Sophia and Jacob reign supreme.
In an online contest, Parenting.com asked readers to tell us what it means to "have it all." Read the winner's moving essay on how that phrase has defined her motherhood, plus essays from the three runners up.