71 new mom truths
1.You will hear all sorts of delivery and nursing nightmare stories once you start sharing your own.
2. You will want to burn your maternity clothes -- even if you plan on having more kids.
3. You will lose tiny socks in the wash.
4. You will be able to shower, wash and dry your hair, and get dressed in less than ten minutes.
5. You will want to apologize to friends and family who had kids before you for never really getting why they had less time for you.
Bing: Gifts for new moms
6. You will fantasize about what you would swap for a good eight hours of sleep.
7. You will be so proud of every ounce your baby gains.
8. You will wonder whether it's possible to get all the crud out of your baby's skin folds.
9. You will laugh at your OB when she asks what you plan on using for birth control at your six-week postpartum checkup.
10. You won't stop worrying that you'll make your tot bleed when you clip his fingernails.
11. You will wish you had the time and brain cells to read just one of the novels you blew through when pregnancy heartburn kept you up all night.
12. You will want to throw the baby monitor out the window.
13. You won't have the desire or the time to iron the crib skirt after you first wash it. And the wrinkles will drive you crazy. But not crazy enough to dismantle the crib and iron it.
14. You will wonder how other new moms manage to be so skinny, put-together, or energetic.
15. You will think you seem pretty together compared with other new moms you see.
16. You will dread encountering baby-crazed preschoolers with runny noses and coughs.
17. You will never again touch an infant that isn't yours on the hands or face.
18. You will forget all about your difficult day with your baby when you finally see her sleeping peacefully at night.
19. You will have some mornings when you bounce out of bed to get the baby... and others when you need a truck to pull you from under the covers.
20. You will thank God for caffeine.
21. You will get used to how your husband comes home from work, checks on the baby, and "accidentally" wakes him up.
22. You will pretend you don't smell your child's dirty diaper as you hand her to Dad.
family: tips, trends & advice for all things family
Kids and water parks go together like macaroni and cheese. Check out our top picks for your next wet and wild vacation.
We got new dads to dish on what they wish their partners knew. So, listen up, mamas!
Are you really ready to be a parent, or should you stick with a houseplant? Find out before you TTC.
With all the glitz and glamour that comes out of Tinseltown (not to mention the endless tabloid fodder), it's not always obvious that many celebrities are animal lovers, too.
From designer crosses to giant breeds, we scoured Vetstreet's data of millions of dog breeds to determine the trendiest breeds of the past decade.
One of the most unsettling consequences of bringing a child into your previously simple, happily oblivious manly life is that you’re now unquestionably, inescapably…The Man.
Whether it was baby’s first kick or the first time your boobs leaked in public, there’s a point in every mom’s life when the world as you know it ends and you realize -- Whoa, I'm someone's mom now. Some of our favorite mommy bloggers revealed what their aha moments were. They range from heartwarming to completely hilarious.
From DIY jewelry to homemade “flowers” to sweet vases, you can help your kid make mom’s day with these crafty gifts.
The first parenting shock: They let you take the baby home. Like, without supervision. Only then do the real surprises unfold. Here's what readers told us was most unexpected for them as they embraced this whole mama thing.
Be prepared to say, 'awww,' multiple times while flipping through this collection super-sweet stuff for babies and kids on Etsy.com. Take a peek at some of our favorite finds for moms (and click 'More' to find out how to get this amazing gnome hat!)...By MSN Living editors
Your Mother’s Day plans are all set, right? Brunch is booked and a fabulous gift is wrapped and ready to go. So take a breather and celebrate these stylish celebrity moms who work hard, care for their kids, and manage to look amazing in the process.