71 new mom truthsAn incomplete list of the extraordinary, mundane, frustrating, and funny facts of your new life as a mom.
1.You will hear all sorts of delivery and nursing nightmare stories once you start sharing your own.
2. You will want to burn your maternity clothes -- even if you plan on having more kids.
3. You will lose tiny socks in the wash.
4. You will be able to shower, wash and dry your hair, and get dressed in less than ten minutes.
5. You will want to apologize to friends and family who had kids before you for never really getting why they had less time for you.
Bing: Gifts for new moms
6. You will fantasize about what you would swap for a good eight hours of sleep.
7. You will be so proud of every ounce your baby gains.
8. You will wonder whether it's possible to get all the crud out of your baby's skin folds.
9. You will laugh at your OB when she asks what you plan on using for birth control at your six-week postpartum checkup.
10. You won't stop worrying that you'll make your tot bleed when you clip his fingernails.
11. You will wish you had the time and brain cells to read just one of the novels you blew through when pregnancy heartburn kept you up all night.
12. You will want to throw the baby monitor out the window.
13. You won't have the desire or the time to iron the crib skirt after you first wash it. And the wrinkles will drive you crazy. But not crazy enough to dismantle the crib and iron it.
14. You will wonder how other new moms manage to be so skinny, put-together, or energetic.
15. You will think you seem pretty together compared with other new moms you see.
16. You will dread encountering baby-crazed preschoolers with runny noses and coughs.
17. You will never again touch an infant that isn't yours on the hands or face.
18. You will forget all about your difficult day with your baby when you finally see her sleeping peacefully at night.
19. You will have some mornings when you bounce out of bed to get the baby... and others when you need a truck to pull you from under the covers.
20. You will thank God for caffeine.
21. You will get used to how your husband comes home from work, checks on the baby, and "accidentally" wakes him up.
22. You will pretend you don't smell your child's dirty diaper as you hand her to Dad.
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
Adopting an animal is a major commitment. Yet all too often people put more effort into researching what kind of car to get than the type of pet that would best fit their lifestyle.
’Tis the season to send out holiday greeting cards to all your friends and family. But, as our friends at Awkward Family Pet Photos know, not all holiday snapshots are the same. Some are just plain kooky — especially when pets are included. So with good tidings and great cheer, here are 10 wacky holiday animal portraits that are sure to make you laugh out loud and get you in the holiday spirit. And possibly make you think twice about dressing up the family cat this year.
King of the jungle? Nah, it's just a labradoodle!
Side-by-side images of adorable babies and their celebrity doppelgängers
Do you have a finicky furry friend on your holiday gift list this year? You're in luck! We've rounded up the coolest cat-approved products to bring you purrfect gift ideas for every kind of cat -- from the curious kitten to the most refined feline. Any one of these special gifts could make your resident kitty purr with pleasure and maybe, just maybe, like the present this year even more than the box and wrapping paper it came in!
Plus, puppy names to watch
This holiday season's hottest toy has yet to be revealed, but more often than not, the best gifts are the ones kids don't even know to ask for. So this year, surprise your kids with unique presents under the tree, and watch as their eyes light up when they unwrap them. From space-age sand to a DIY race track, these out-of-the-box gift ideas will provide some serious shopping inspiration. Click through the slideshow above for all our favorite picks.
Yep, you're older than you think
Avoid these gaffes for a better relationship with your stepchildren—and your spouse.
The top 25 best holiday movies for kids and their families, from old school classics like Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life, to newer classics like Elf and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Since the dawn of time, we men have been preprogrammed with two biological imperatives: Number one: to bravely kill bathtub spiders; and number two: to reproduce. (Actually, I really should have ordered those in reverse.) So what happens when we find out we’re infertile?