10 things moms do at TargetFind yourself wandering the aisles, suddenly needing an owl-shaped candle while drinking a $5 latte? You're not alone, moms...
10. Circle the lot 4 times looking for a better parking spot. Feel misplaced sense of pride when finding a spot 2 spaces closer than the one you spied when you arrived 12 minutes ago.
9. Upon entrance, make a beeline directly to the in-store Starbucks. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Instead, *spend* $200 buying a tall latte for yourself and a milk box and bag of Cheddar Bunnies for the kidlette.
8. Head to clothing section. Consider a cute peplum top in slimming black, while kid complains in cart about how long it's taking to get to the toy section. Put peplum top into cart and hope it achieves its purpose in your wardrobe: to stylishly camouflage belly flab.
7. Set latte down in cart while contemplating new workout gear that will be worn for sitting on the couch. Sigh when kid spills latte with leg. Search for paper towels to no avail. 'Mop' up latte with Old Navy receipt found in handbag.
More from Dynamom: Dear fellow parents, why babies and restaurants don't mix
6. Arrive at toy section. Child wants 3 new Hot Wheels trucks. Enter into lengthy in-aisle discussion with child about how they need to appreciate the things they have and enjoy what they already own. Revel in glory from respected glances via other Hot Wheels Aisle Moms clearly struggling with same issue. Settle on one new truck for child, feel accomplished and await Good Mom Award or sash of some stripe.
5. Feel very frugal buying dog food on sale, even though it's only $.15 cheaper than normal. Put another bag into cart. Contemplate emailing TLC to be featured on Extreme Couponers because obviously this is talent, people.
4. Find food section. Add the following: fruit chews, potato chips, Cheez-its, granola bars, peanut butter, frozen waffles, giant bag of mandarin oranges. Every. Time.
More from Dynamom: I survived a $17 haircut
3. Browse housewares section for no apparent reason. Realize you really need an owl candle. And a citrus scented home fragrance diffuser. And that white lacquered tray.
2. Look at contents of cart. Experience momentary guilt about home décor purchases. Remove peplum shirt and set next to stackable crates. Consider buying a stackable crate.
1. Check out at the register. Feel simultaneously proud and horrified that you're spending $148. Realize your kid is still holding the Hot Wheels truck. Make that $152.
More from Dynamom: 10 things about going to the movies with kids
More on Mom to Mom:
News, stories, tips and laughs for moms & dads
What are we teaching our children when we focus on their achievements rather than their kindness?
Discover the seemingly insignificant things that can affect your chances of getting pregnant.
A thrill-obsessed subculture claimed another life this week.
A few suggested answers for the diciest questions
Must-haves for every mommy on the road
Here's our list of fifteen moms in the food industry that deserve some recognition.
The site gets high marks for its user-friendly interface and excellent and responsive customer service. And the reviews are also pretty accurate. Compare amenities and prices next to a hotel's in the same area, and you're likely to see Airbnb come out on top.
We captured a frame-by-frame look just for you.
Other moms can be ruthless when it comes to picking apart your parenting choices. From dissing your decision to go back to work to criticizing when you started baby on solids, here are the most ridiculous comments moms have heard. Bonus, we’ve got just the right way to respond to the haters! You’re welcome.
Nope, you don’t have to spend the next nine months in black elastic-waist pants and oversize sweaters. And you don’t have to shell out a fortune on your “temporary” wardrobe either. Check out these stylish and affordable maternity clothes.
Because society crumbles without us